Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Redoak is great - they serve some lovely beers in there. The Pilsner is one of noteable worth...

Can't make it this week, or the two after that, but looking forward to a long and protracted session the night before Good Friday (when all the pubs are closed I believe).

Maybe we shoult try and plan something for that too...

S

Def. up for a few beers Thurs 5th too
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shellsplace
So anyone thought about what's happening this week yet ..... I was at the Observer in the Rocks after the Bridge Walk Sunday and they had pretty good food and cheap Irish pints (it does have the irish beers I like on tap )
I'm on my own this week hubbie is on business on Melbourne. I have an interview on thurs after work but should be done around 6. I reckon I will most def need a beer after that. I dont know anywhere good though.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:09 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Hi All,

Sorry have been a little quiet, actually been a little ill and had to go hospital! Trust me - i am not trying to stand in for Swerv-O!!!
Anyhoo, sounds like a few are up for drinks on Thursday. I'm up for meeting up after i kinda messed up my social plans last week, would be good to catch up. So then, time to pick a venue - must admit i did like the brief visit to the RedOak last week and could easily sample some more beers before heading on. Anyone have any exciting new suggestions?

Love them smilies!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:47 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

DOn't know whether we'll be out this week or not (I think my liver's on the verge of collapsing ). So I'll keep an eye out for the location and whatnot and let you know last thing on Thursday afternoon. Sorry to be a bit vague.

C - what on earth have you been up to?! Hope you're doing OK?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Goodness me IndigoFoot, what on earth have you been getting up to? I at least hope that your afflication affected a different part of your body to Swerv-os!

I think my answer about this Thursday is going to be similar to GG's. Him indoors definitely can't make it & I'm not sure at the moment, but will keep an eye on developments.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:28 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

OMG IndigoFoot! If this is what happens when you volunteer to be social secretary, I'm never offering my services... Hope you're okay now and everything.

Tomorrow night - I've been sick myself, but hoping to be back at work tomorrow (I must be feeling better if I'm on here). Also scheduled to do some more editing work, but may be able to have one or two drinks.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

'Fraid I definitely won't be out tonight. Have come down with an evil cold How bizarre is that you have to sign to buy cold & flu relief tablets?? I'm expecting them to be super strength and to restore me to full health in less than 24 hours
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:55 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Oh dear! Am sorry to hear that. I do have some grapes and lucozade left over if you want them?! Looks like people are dropping like flies this week.
Get well soon though!
Any healthy people out there?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:07 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I made it into work but the antibiotics haven't worked their magic yet so I won't be out tonight (unless I have a miraculous recovery, fingers crossed, you never know, although work usually has the opposite effect on me )
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:22 am
Ooh my gout...

Sorry to hear chels, you hang in there pet! Sure those magic pills will work wonders. Just have to make it through the day eh?! Make sure there is nothing sharp on your desk in case you have to have an emergency nap!

Must admit i'm suspecting Swerv-O of voodoo... Bet he's sitting in nice cosy english bar, drinking frothy mead whilst conjuring plagues for us all! Only kidding. But i will text the evil wizard to make sure!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:20 am
Mozzie magnet

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Must admit i'm suspecting Swerv-O of voodoo... Bet he's sitting in nice cosy english bar, drinking frothy mead whilst conjuring plagues for us all! Only kidding. But i will text the evil wizard to make sure!
Nice cosy bar in Leicester? - ha ha ha!!!! Funnily enough, he seems quite keen on returning to Sydney, and reclaiming his position as master of meet ups.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:54 am
Ooh my gout...

Mmmm. Leicester - fair point!
He will always be the master of the meet ups though, don't look to me for such organisational skills... I just beg people to go out for drinks and then they are struck down with tropical diseases or possibly gout.
Maybe i should shower more!

Will keep an eye on the forum this afternoon, see if there is any lazarus-esq action, or more takers. Think its just 2 of us and GG-possible? Any one else?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:08 am
Just Joined

shellsplace is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm afraid i have sucumb to the cold that i've been trying to shake for weeks..... I'm at home today so won't be out tonight.....
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:20 am
Ooh my gout...

Whoa. Another one?! Sorry to hear that shell. Wrap up warm and drink lots of fluids! Feel like a doctor doing the rounds today.
British Expats - Brought to you by Lemsip...

What happened last week after i left, you guys all started sneezing on each other? Don't want to think what else you got up to! Pash-fest! I'll start spreading the rumours now

Seriously, you poor folk - get well soon.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:27 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Whoa. Another one?! Sorry to hear that shell. Wrap up warm and drink lots of fluids! Feel like a doctor doing the rounds today.
British Expats - Brought to you by Lemsip...

What happened last week after i left, you guys all started sneezing on each other? Don't want to think what else you got up to! Pash-fest! I'll start spreading the rumours now

Seriously, you poor folk - get well soon.
If you think I'm meeting up with you now after you've given everyone else the dreaded lurge, you've got another thing coming.

I'm afraid we're no shows, too. Mr GG went to work for 6 am this morning, so is knackered and wants an early night. I'm snowed under with uni stuff, trying to catch up from last week where I missed a lot of study time due to the outlaws being here.

Hope to be out next week though - time off for good behaviour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.