Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney to Brisbane

Sydney to Brisbane

Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of
Default Sydney to Brisbane

Could anybody tell me what is the best way to travel to Brisbane from Sydney. We are hoping to go on a Friday and be home by Monday night. We are a party of two adults (well if you can count my husband as an adult) and two children.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:47 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney to Brisbane

Originally Posted by si.young
Could anybody tell me what is the best way to travel to Brisbane from Sydney. We are hoping to go on a Friday and be home by Monday night. We are a party of two adults (well if you can count my husband as an adult) and two children.
We did it in March on a plane - Virgin Blue to be precise, took about an hour or so as i recall.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:51 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

We also it went virgin blue,went in April.book online from here,fab service and cheap as well!think it was £130 ish for 2 adults and 2 kids
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:06 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what do you need to do in Brisbane - do you need your car?

It may be worth considering the drive, either rent a car one way and fly back. The trip can take anything up to 12 hours depending on traffic etc.

We drove a hire van leaving at 3.00 am and arrived in Coffs harbour for breakfast and a swim (summer) we then made the rest of the trip to the Gold Coast the next day. We abandoned the car at the airport a few days later and flew back.

To get down to the airport from Kariong you are looking at a couple of hours including booking in time, so you can itake this time off time taken travelling North.

It would be a tight turnaround travelling Thursday night and getting there Friday arvo and then having the drive all through the day Monday so flights may be the better option and using the train to and from the airport.

We flew back virgin blue and Richard bought my hubby a drink! - well the stewardess let him off the cost of his bucks fizz as it was his birthday, I had to pay for mine.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

lol!

Flying does sound like a good option - in view of the quick turnaround.

Could you check out the cost of leaving your car at the airport for he few days it's there?

PS - thanks for a great weekend at yours!
see u soon....Lj xx
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:12 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wargod
We did it in March on a plane - Virgin Blue to be precise, took about an hour or so as i recall.
But you miss out on seeing all the beautiful countryside and beaches, better to drive.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
lol!

Flying does sound like a good option - in view of the quick turnaround.

Could you check out the cost of leaving your car at the airport for he few days it's there?

PS - thanks for a great weekend at yours!
see u soon....Lj xx
You are welcome

We have checked out the flight prices from Virgin Blue and it will cost $900 for the four of us and Jet Star is coming up at $632. I think we need to compare the cost of petrol with the flight prices and make a decision.

Thank you all for your advice.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:31 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

You are welcome

We have checked out the flight prices from Virgin Blue and it will cost $900 for the four of us and Jet Star is coming up at $632. I think we need to compare the cost of petrol with the flight prices and make a decision.

bloomineck ! thats steep!
guess its the time of year when everyone flies north for better weather.

good luk with your decision

l-j x
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:49 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Don't forget driving will take around 12 hours - or possibly longer if you hit rush hour (so you effectively lose a whole day just travelling). Fuel will be significantly cheaper than $600, however.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

You are welcome

I've not done the car journey, but my dad does it. He likes to take it a bit leisurely. Take the coast road there, the country road back. And yeah, it's about 12 hours with no stops, but that's no fun!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:39 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.railmaps.com.au/journey_r...?Origin=Sydney

Have you thought about the Train - about 14 hours and not sure you would fancy it with two kids but just another thought.

I had a look and it would be about $300 ONE WAY!!!! so possibly not the cheapest option but you can go from Hornsby.

I did the overnight in a seat to Melbourne one year and now I either drive or fly - never ever am I going by train again.

Has anyone done this train trip to let us know what it is like or has anyone used the coach services?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sandra
http://www.railmaps.com.au/journey_r...?Origin=Sydney

Have you thought about the Train - about 14 hours and not sure you would fancy it with two kids but just another thought.

I had a look and it would be about $300 ONE WAY!!!! so possibly not the cheapest option but you can go from Hornsby.

I did the overnight in a seat to Melbourne one year and now I either drive or fly - never ever am I going by train again.

Has anyone done this train trip to let us know what it is like or has anyone used the coach services?
Thanks for your reply. I also wondered if there was some sort of fast ferry, but could not find anything on the internet. Has anyone come across this ?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 5:01 am
Just Joined

tt80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. I also wondered if there was some sort of fast ferry, but could not find anything on the internet. Has anyone come across this ?
No their isn't a ferry to QLD. I would suggest the plane as the quickest way of getting up there.