Sydney airport

Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default Sydney airport

Going to UK next week but have a stop of 4.5 hours in the airport before I have to check in for flight. Any ideas what I can do to kill the time?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:36 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney airport

Go to the city. Out of rush hour the journey is 30 mins to the opera house. Have you been before? Other options include lunch at a beach eg Bondi, Bronte or coogee followed by a walk.
Originally Posted by Cookster
Going to UK next week but have a stop of 4.5 hours in the airport before I have to check in for flight. Any ideas what I can do to kill the time?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Go to the city. Out of rush hour the journey is 30 mins to the opera house. Have you been before? Other options include lunch at a beach eg Bondi, Bronte or coogee followed by a walk.
Wot he said.

Get a train into the city and have a walk.

Cheers

LG
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookster
I wouldn't hang about landside at the airport...the train into the city will set you back $25 for the return.

Are you on seperate tickets and will have bags with you? If you didn't want to take these into the city with you then you could leave them at left luggage...upto you whether at the international terminal or the domestic one you flew into, regardless you will need to get to the international terminal to check in...that's another train or bus trip between terminals.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Lunch on the beach sounds good to me..... cheers all x
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:44 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Have you any idea what the weather's like down here at the moment? Absolutely shite Chances are there will be heavy rain and gale force winds. Not beach weather unless you sit in a cafe and watch the world go by, but then you'd have to take road transport and that can be risky if Botany Road is involved. (I live there, trust me.)

Sydney airport airside has improved a lot lately - it's almost first world now. It's not a long time really - see if you can check in early and go through, chill out. Otherwise do as the others say, and take the train into the city, much quicker way to get anywhere. I'd maybe go to Circular Quay and people watch there instead.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:10 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Raincoats help but the coast in winter has it's own charms. Bondi venues vary from the amazing to the awful. I would start at Bondi for coffee at Gustos and walk to the Bogey Hole cafe at Bronte for lunch. I miss that area. Enjoy.