Sydney Airport

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice
Default Sydney Airport

Evening all,

Couple of quick (silly) questions for you.

I am arriving in Sydney on Monday evening and want to buy a (red) TravelPass.

Q1. I assume that I can buy this at the airport? If so, where? I've always just taken a taxi/hire car from the airport - is the station easily accessible from the Intl Arrivals?

Q2. For some reason you have to pay a gate/access fee for departing/alighting at the Airport. Anyone any idea how much this is? And can you buy it with your TravelPass?

Thanks in advance for any guidance - just want to have a clear idea as to what I'm doing when I get off the flight!

SG
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sydney Airport

Originally Posted by sprite_green
Q1. I assume that I can buy this at the airport? If so, where? I've always just taken a taxi/hire car from the airport - is the station easily accessible from the Intl Arrivals?

Follow the signs for the train station. There will be a counter/machine you can purchase them at. I don't think the red travel pass will work to/from the airport. Therefore you'll have to buy a one way/retun to another station as well as the red travel pass.

Originally Posted by sprite_green
Q2. For some reason you have to pay a gate/access fee for departing/alighting at the Airport. Anyone any idea how much this is? And can you buy it with your TravelPass?
See my answer above. Not sure how much the access cost is, but the lat time I travel from the airport to central it cost $9 one way.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:42 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
Follow the signs for the train station. There will be a counter/machine you can purchase them at. I don't think the red travel pass will work to/from the airport. Therefore you'll have to buy a one way/retun to another station as well as the red travel pass.

See my answer above. Not sure how much the access cost is, but the lat time I travel from the airport to central it cost $9 one way.

Yes, this is true - The Airport stations are not run by Cityrail, but by the Airport I guess. They are considered a private station, and thus you have to pay the Gate Fee to alight or or board at them if you are a travelpass user, and despite the fact it is clearly in the red zone on the maps.

But you can buy a travelpass from the machine or the kiosk there, but you also have to buy a gate fee too.

This is actually quite misleading. The maps have a tiny (and I mean tiny) $ symbol next to the domestic and international terminal stops, which apparently indicates a private station.

S
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
But you can buy a travelpass from the machine or the kiosk there, but you also have to buy a gate fee too.
S
Thanks Swerv-o (and shorrock)

I thought that was the case, but couldn't find any indication of the actual cost anywhere. Not to worry - as long as its not stupidly expensive I think this'll be the option I take.

Cheers.

SG