Sydney Accord?

Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:47 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney Accord?

OK this is beginning to feel really complicated.
After various emails and phone calls we were advised by someone to go down a certain route.
We paid way over the odds to get my husbands qualifications certified by a notary and sent off to determine that the governing body in Australia recognise his qualification only to be told 3 weeks later that they don't recognise it. Now we've had to do what my husband thought he should do in the first place which was pay the governing body in this country a fee to tell the governing body in Australia that his qualifications are acceptable and he should be granted the Sydney Accord.
This is before we even send of all our certified documents

So be straight with me - the company would like us out there by the end of summer next year is this likely???
we'd have liked to be out there after xmas oh god this is dragging on.

By the way sorry that my husband has not been in touch (you know who you are AQ) But he's just so frustrated and down about it all - when things finally get moving he'll be in touch thanks for offerign your help.

Jen
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:14 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Accord?

Originally Posted by JenJen
OK this is beginning to feel really complicated.
After various emails and phone calls we were advised by someone to go down a certain route.
We paid way over the odds to get my husbands qualifications certified by a notary and sent off to determine that the governing body in Australia recognise his qualification only to be told 3 weeks later that they don't recognise it. Now we've had to do what my husband thought he should do in the first place which was pay the governing body in this country a fee to tell the governing body in Australia that his qualifications are acceptable and he should be granted the Sydney Accord.
This is before we even send of all our certified documents

So be straight with me - the company would like us out there by the end of summer next year is this likely???
we'd have liked to be out there after xmas oh god this is dragging on.

By the way sorry that my husband has not been in touch (you know who you are AQ) But he's just so frustrated and down about it all - when things finally get moving he'll be in touch thanks for offerign your help.

Jen
is this an Engineering matter? Unless I am wrong, the sydney accord is defined by the course that you took, not one groups thinking and telling another group. I think that if your course isn't on the Sydney accord list, then you need to prepare a CDR.

It was a while ago since I did mine, so I may well be wrong, but without more information, I'm not able to help...

S
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

ok. it's the engineering councils that we're dealing with at the moment but I have no idea why we have to go through them to sort out the Sydney Accord.
Hubby's qualifications include HNC/ HND/ open University degree.

I'd just like to be out there sooner rather than when my teeth all start to fall out

Jen
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

If your other halfs qualification is accredited to the Sydney accord by the relevant uk body this will make it very easy to get past tra, it only took me 3 weeks once sydney accord accreditation was recognised and letter forwarded etc as part of TRA submission. It was really the easiest part as long as his qualifications are recognised, you can find the info on the web, I just cant remember exactly where

Mick
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mickagnew
If your other halfs qualification is accredited to the Sydney accord by the relevant uk body this will make it very easy to get past tra, it only took me 3 weeks once sydney accord accreditation was recognised and letter forwarded etc as part of TRA submission. It was really the easiest part as long as his qualifications are recognised, you can find the info on the web, I just cant remember exactly where

Mick
Thanks Mick

The company are paying for a permanent visa for us it just feels likeit's taking forever.

Jen
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Mick

The company are paying for a permanent visa for us it just feels likeit's taking forever.

Jen
He's not applying to tra he's applying to engineers Australia?

Oh it's all so confusing

Jen
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

He's not applying to tra he's applying to engineers Australia?

Oh it's all so confusing

Jen
Does he not require to pass the tra before he can get a visa so as to verify his job / profession or do the company just take him on? I have obtained an STNI permanent visa rather than the sponsored route, but if he is sponsored it may well be different.

Look up TRA on search you will hopefully understand it then

Mick
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Does he not require to pass the tra before he can get a visa so as to verify his job / profession or do the company just take him on? I have obtained an STNI permanent visa rather than the sponsored route, but if he is sponsored it may well be different.

Look up TRA on search you will hopefully understand it then

Mick
Apparently he's applying as an Engineering technologist??? Does that make any sense?

Jen
Old Oct 19th 2006, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jen,

If your husband applied under the Sydney accord with IEAUST then he needs to be sure that his qualifications came from a recognised accredited Engineering Technologist program in the UK. It sounds as though for some reason IEAUST did not consider this to be the case, so perhaps more investigation on the UK side would be good to determine what the Engineeriing Council of the UK thinks. If they believe that he went through an accredited program then he should be able to qualify under the Sydney Accord. I can't speak from personal experience though as I qualified under the Washington Accord myself. If this does fail though then he still has the option to do a CDR (Competency Demonstration Report) to show IEAUST that his work qualifies even though he did not go through an accredited course.

TRA does not apply in his case as that is the Trades Recognition Authority and do not deal with Engineering Qualifications.

Good Luck!
Brian

Apparently he's applying as an Engineering technologist??? Does that make any sense?

Jen
Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:10 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian0
Hi Jen,

If your husband applied under the Sydney accord with IEAUST then he needs to be sure that his qualifications came from a recognised accredited Engineering Technologist program in the UK. It sounds as though for some reason IEAUST did not consider this to be the case, so perhaps more investigation on the UK side would be good to determine what the Engineeriing Council of the UK thinks. If they believe that he went through an accredited program then he should be able to qualify under the Sydney Accord. I can't speak from personal experience though as I qualified under the Washington Accord myself. If this does fail though then he still has the option to do a CDR (Competency Demonstration Report) to show IEAUST that his work qualifies even though he did not go through an accredited course.

TRA does not apply in his case as that is the Trades Recognition Authority and do not deal with Engineering Qualifications.

Good Luck!
Brian
Quite correct. There is a list somewhere (Though I don't recall where) of all the UK courses that are accredited under the Sydney Accord scheme. You need to check and see if your OH's course is on the list.

If it isn't you may have to go through the CDR route. I imagine that by the time it's taken going backwards and forwards between engineering councils, you will probably have finished the CDR anyway.

S
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.engc.org.uk/international...ey_accord.aspx

click on accredited course database (highlighted in blue)

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Quite correct. There is a list somewhere (Though I don't recall where) of all the UK courses that are accredited under the Sydney Accord scheme. You need to check and see if your OH's course is on the list.

If it isn't you may have to go through the CDR route. I imagine that by the time it's taken going backwards and forwards between engineering councils, you will probably have finished the CDR anyway.

S
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

He's paid £50 to the board in the UK and got a letter which has been sent off to Engineers Australia.

We're now waiting to hear back - wonder how long that will take ? Cause i'm not impatient or anything lol

Jen
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

By the way thanks guys