Sydney

Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:11 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Sydney

Hi Guys and Gals,

We are going out to Sydney to have a look at what it has to offer us. As if all goes well we want to emigrate there.

I was basically looking for some advice. I know the north shore is a fantastic place to live. But the price of a house there is far too expensive at this moment in time.

With regards to the rest of Sydney, where should we really stay clear off. I don't want to be too far out near Glenmore Park or the Blue Mountains. But we can't afford the North Shore.

Any advice or opinions would be very much appreciated!

Take Care Guys.....

Utopia x

PS we fly out next week for 6 weeks, I really can't wait lol
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:21 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney

Originally Posted by utopia
Hi Guys and Gals,

We are going out to Sydney to have a look at what it has to offer us. As if all goes well we want to emigrate there.

I was basically looking for some advice. I know the north shore is a fantastic place to live. But the price of a house there is far too expensive at this moment in time.

With regards to the rest of Sydney, where should we really stay clear off. I don't want to be too far out near Glenmore Park or the Blue Mountains. But we can't afford the North Shore.

Any advice or opinions would be very much appreciated!

Take Care Guys.....

Utopia x

PS we fly out next week for 6 weeks, I really can't wait lol
Good luck with it Utopia, you might not get many answers until later as its only 5.20am over here.
Ive only been up to Sydney for a weekend break a couple of times so can't comment on areas to live but its certainly a vibrant & beautiful city.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:42 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Good luck with it Utopia, you might not get many answers until later as its only 5.20am over here.
Ive only been up to Sydney for a weekend break a couple of times so can't comment on areas to live but its certainly a vibrant & beautiful city.

Thanks Bordy,

I forgot about time difference...lol

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

How much money do you have to spend on buying a place, or how much do you want to spend on rent per week, and what size property do you need?

As with every other place in the world where you live in Sydney will be predominantly dictated by dollars. No one can really offer you much advice till you are more specific about your $$$ situation.

We are moving to Sydney in November and it is very pricey.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:18 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

THE BEST IDEA IS TO DO A SEARCH ON SYDNEY ON THIS FORUM. oops caps left on
a few threads have been posted last month about other areas of sydney
Old Sep 1st 2005, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

How about renting first - the North Shore should be affordable (it's a renters market in Sydney) - and then see how you get on.

SS
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:36 am
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
How about renting first - the North Shore should be affordable (it's a renters market in Sydney) - and then see how you get on.

SS

We would probably looking at a mortgage of $450.000 to $500.000 at a push.
I don't particularly want to rent, I have my family there to stay with till we get on our feet.

Hope that helps guys?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:39 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

You might be interested in this http://sydneybrits.forumup.com/index...um=sydneybrits