Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Switch the oven off!

Switch the oven off!

Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:30 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Switch the oven off!

The great thing about about South Australia is that after a hot day like yesterday it cools off in the evening.

So what went wrong ?. Last night it stayed up in the high 30s all night. The aircon's been on all night (well from midnight onwards after power was restored after a 5 hour outage ).

Bring on the change, due in 3 hours.

I was out working at the farm in 45c all day yesterday (not through choice). Still it was more bearable than 32c in humid Port Douglas recently.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:36 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switch the oven off!

Originally Posted by welshpom
The great thing about about South Australia is that after a hot day like yesterday it cools off in the evening.

So what went wrong ?. Last night it stayed up in the high 30s all night. The aircon's been on all night (well from midnight onwards after power was restored after a 5 hour outage ).

Bring on the change, due in 3 hours.

I was out working at the farm in 45c all day yesterday (not through choice). Still it was more bearable than 32c in humid Port Douglas recently.
How long does this weather lasts?
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skywalker
With all due respect my numb finger can barely push down the nozzle on my can of de-icer in the mornings to clear the screen - what do you want? No offence and lol - James.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:44 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally Posted by skywalker
this time - 3 days. It all depends on wind patterns. If they keep coming from up north (the red centre) then it'll stay hot and arid.

A fresh southerly usually comes to the rescue. The winds yesterday were too strong for an onshore breeze to develop, so it stayed stinking hot.

I've never seen Goolwa beach as busy as it was at 6:30 last night.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:59 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

this time - 3 days. It all depends on wind patterns. If they keep coming from up north (the red centre) then it'll stay hot and arid.

A fresh southerly usually comes to the rescue. The winds yesterday were too strong for an onshore breeze to develop, so it stayed stinking hot.

I've never seen Goolwa beach as busy as it was at 6:30 last night.
Is it like here? We get a hot weekend (or even just the promise of one from the weather man which probablt won't happen) the shops immediately run out of cold drinks, ice and ice cream????
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:06 pm
Can't re member

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
With all due respect my numb finger can barely push down the nozzle on my can of de-icer in the mornings to clear the screen
those there the days.
- what do you want? No offence and lol - James.
No offence taken.

Right now I want a cool southerly.

I'd also like to get through the day without the CFS (rural firebrigade) pager going off.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:07 pm
Can't re member

Originally Posted by herrchook
Is it like here? We get a hot weekend (or even just the promise of one from the weather man which probablt won't happen) the shops immediately run out of cold drinks, ice and ice cream????
haven't notice than happen here.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

haven't notice than happen here.
Fair play and all due respect.
I suppose its only human nature to complain about things and its no different wherever you live-you soon get used to the conditions- great job and admire you.