Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Swimming Pool Heating

Swimming Pool Heating

Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Swimming Pool Heating

Can anyone give a rough price for putting in solar heating for the pool. Cheers.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:22 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming Pool Heating

Cost 2k extra for the heating when the pool was built.

Originally Posted by melaniee
Can anyone give a rough price for putting in solar heating for the pool. Cheers.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Thanks. We were quoted $3000 yesterday which seems steep and we already have the plumbing in place !

Originally Posted by themerlin
Cost 2k extra for the heating when the pool was built.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:31 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. We were quoted $3000 yesterday which seems steep and we already have the plumbing in place !
Not sure if thats steep or not. 2k was 3 years ago and it was put in with the pool so might have been cheaper becuase of it.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Get two or three quotes from different sized companies. Should get more of an idea from that, as it depends on size of pool etc.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough

I've been quoted from $3650 to $3820

from 3 different companys and I already have the pipe work fitted to the pool

9.5 x 4.5 pool in perth

think I'll stick with the blanket for this season

less than $800
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

The pipe work fitted to your pool is 'solar prep' and just consists of a suction and return jets for connecting the solar to. this is only a very small part of a solar system, for your size pool these are pretty much the right prices.
The money is in the solar collectors and for you pool, you require 42 square metres, hence the price.
If you are are interested in DIY I can supply everything you need and you will save quite a bit.

cheers
Steve

Originally Posted by hunter
I've been quoted from $3650 to $3820

from 3 different companys and I already have the pipe work fitted to the pool

9.5 x 4.5 pool in perth

think I'll stick with the blanket for this season

less than $800