Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Swimming Pool Fencing

Wikiposts

Swimming Pool Fencing

Old Jul 9th 2006, 5:32 pm
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Swimming Pool Fencing

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
What did she get 1 million dollars for?
pain and suffering for the fact that her kid went over the fence and was resuscitated by a resident and then spent 7 years in a nursing home under 24 hour care...till he died of pneumonia. There were 21 units in the complex and everyones lives were put on hold until the out of court settlement with the insurance company.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 5:36 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Swimming Pool Fencing

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
pain and suffering for the fact that her kid went over the fence and was resuscitated by a resident and then spent 7 years in a nursing home under 24 hour care...till he died of pneumonia. There were 21 units in the complex and everyones lives were put on hold until the out of court settlement with the insurance company.
Crikey. :scared:
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:22 pm

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Crikey. :scared:
your telling me....The only positive thing in the who situation was when I could eventually sell, the prices in Melb were thru the roof..Suzette
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
your telling me....The only positive thing in the who situation was when I could eventually sell, the prices in Melb were thru the roof..Suzette
Get this as well,,,,I bought the unit 5 years after the incident, but due to the family not lodging a claim until the day before the statute of limitations (7 years) I had to wear it as I was the owner when the writ was issued and I would then have to sue the owner of the unit at the time.....more money to the solicitors...Any wonder people drink.....
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know the number of accidents there are involving kids in swimming pools, thats the reason for the fencing, as for you wanting to remove the fence, you must have little intelligence or no common sense at all. you cabbage.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 11:51 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Do you know the number of accidents there are involving kids in swimming pools, thats the reason for the fencing, as for you wanting to remove the fence, you must have little intelligence or no common sense at all. you cabbage.
Of course I fully support fences around pools but I find it incredible that there are no laws governing fences around public waterways, canals, rivers, public swimming areas at coastal resorts etc.
Drowning incidents in these are far higher than those at domestic pools

Andrew
Old Jul 9th 2006, 11:56 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

harsh mate, harsh
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Of course I fully support fences around pools but I find it incredible that there are no laws governing fences around public waterways, canals, rivers, public swimming areas at coastal resorts etc.
Perhaps cos the pools are fenced

I also think that when you are out for the day by the river you are watching your kids (hopefully!) However if they wonder there unsupervised then theres obviously gonna be problems. I think its massively impractical to begin fencing in rivers etc though isn't it....

FWIT our pool fence is ugly as but we are in the process of putting beds and plants around it and its begining to look much better
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:12 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew
Couldn't agree more Andrew!

We did a pool recently where our pool stopped 3 meters from a sloping bank into a huge river! Our pool, (Quite rightly) had to be fenced off, but the property had no fence between the house and the river. Legally there doesn't have to be.

And how about this.....
Legally, if you just put plain water without chemicals in your domestic swimming pool. Then add just one fish, it is classed as an, "ornamental garden fish pond" and fencing laws don't apply!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:15 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
Legally, if you just put plain water without chemicals in your domestic swimming pool. Then add just one fish, it is classed as an, "ornamental garden fish pond" and fencing laws don't apply!!!!
Wouldn't it go manky as though Scossie?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 1:37 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew
what pisses me off is....................we have a three storey hoose accross from us..........and the top floor balcony has a height of 900mm come om what the ****...............oh falling three stories and bouncin off a wall then onto concrete path u r only gona burst yer skull and then splat on the groung. but have a pool fence of 1100mm high with a gap of less than 100mm underneath and thats not good enough..................FFS who has seen a toddle with a heed less that 100mm in diameter..............its ****in stoopid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a good fence around ur yard that should be enough.................FFS the ocean is un fenced....we need to get real here
Old Jul 10th 2006, 1:40 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
And how about this.....
here in QLD any recepticle in ur yard that can hold more than 300mm of water u need to fence.........lmao a fence roon me mop bucket....................silly
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:37 am
Mog
Forum Regular

Mog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud of

Our kids have been brought up with a swimming pool and are more than aware of the dangers, if someone uninvited gets into your garden then anything can happen after all you can drown in a bowl of water if the circumstances were right...anyway all the kids I know are probably more capable of climbing over a fence than an adult!!!......is cabbage an insult or are you just uneducated.

Mog
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:49 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew
Fences on canals neseccarily won't stop anybody climbing over them and falling(or jumping) into the canal. A couple living on a canal estate on the Gold Coast a few years ago had a party on night. A friend of theirs who attended got totally plastered, climbed up onto top of fence and dived into canal, resulting him becoming a paraplegic. Guess what? He sued and won!
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:30 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

does that mean that you have to fence off any water butts?

Not the you get alot of water in Oz anyhow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.