Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Swimming Pool Fencing

Swimming Pool Fencing

Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:44 pm
Mog
Forum Regular

Mog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud of
Default Swimming Pool Fencing

We have been looking at houses with swimming pools and have seen most of them with fencing all around which looks cack, is there any reason why you cant take this fencing out when you buy and just reinstate when you want to sell ???????

Mog
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Swimming Pool Fencing

Originally Posted by Mog
We have been looking at houses with swimming pools and have seen most of them with fencing all around which looks cack, is there any reason why you cant take this fencing out when you buy and just reinstate when you want to sell ???????

Mog

Pool fencing is now compulsory.

Local council may do inspection and will fine if no fence in place.

WW
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:50 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mog

Mog
There is one simple answer to this, no you can't pull it up because you will get fined. All swimming pools in OZ need by law to either have pool fencing or all external doors and windows fitted with self closing units, this also means that if you have a back gate you will need fencing to stop next doors kids from leaping in your pool and killing themselves.
Jenny
Old Jul 9th 2006, 3:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mog

Mog
You don't have to have that crappy steel fencing. We went for a combination of glass & brushwwod.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 3:30 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it difficult to thrust and parry in water?

I'll get me coat.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 4:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Swimming Pool Fencing

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Isn't it difficult to thrust and parry in water?

I'll get me coat.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mog

Mog
I think the reason they look crap in some gardens is that a lot of people insist on having them so close to the pool. If you put them a little further out they look much better.

Jo
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mog

Mog

Hi

Its compulsary, and they do inspect, we have an inspection due over the next 2 weeks, got a letter on Friday to say to expect them.

If you have them further back from the pool, and landscape the area with plants etc, you dont really notice them, I dont on ours.

HTH

K
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:30 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Better an ugly fence than a dead child
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by webgum

Couldnt agree more!

K
Old Jul 10th 2006, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimi
Couldnt agree more!

K
Yep I second that.

I can’t understand anyone who would want their pool unfenced. I certainly wouldn’t want that responsibility.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sassie
Yep I second that.

I can’t understand anyone who would want their pool unfenced. I certainly wouldn’t want that responsibility.

Yes, I have a 4 and a 5 yr old and you cannot have your eyes on them every minute but they cannot open the gate to the pool so at least I know they cannot get to that area!!

K
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
I totally agree, safety is most important, not just for our kids, but others.
I can go out in the day knowing my gate is locked and the pool fence is there also. Could you imagine going home and finding a child dead in your pool.NO WAY.
you can them look cool, i have painted ours blue. and im going to get cut outs of shells and fish, when i have time.
Denise
Old Jul 10th 2006, 3:08 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jensteve
There is one simple answer to this, no you can't pull it up because you will get fined. All swimming pools in OZ need by law to either have pool fencing or all external doors and windows fitted with self closing units, this also means that if you have a back gate you will need fencing to stop next doors kids from leaping in your pool and killing themselves.
Jenny
Not even allowed the self closing doors,,,also our portable spa has to be fenced as well, so be aware if you buy a house with a portable spa in it you will need to fence it as the councils are going to have aerial photos taken and a fine of $2000.00 will be issued if you have not applied for a permit and fenced the spa. Even with the lockable hard cover...I owned a unit in Melbourne with a communal pool and we got sued even with a fence around it,, common law states if you fence it you deem it to be a danger..... Fortunately the tenant who wasent watching her child was greedy and took the million dollars public liability and after 8 years I was able to sell my place and get the hell out of there....Suzette
Old Jul 10th 2006, 4:58 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Fortunately the tenant who wasent watching her child was greedy and took the million dollars public liability and after 8 years I was able to sell my place and get the hell out of there....Suzette
What did she get 1 million dollars for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.