Reload this Page >

Swimming with Dolphins ??

Swimming with Dolphins ??

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swimming with Dolphins ??

Hi Guys

Just wondered if any one around Brisbane or Sunshine knew of any where that our daughter can swim with dolphins. I have searched but they are all on the Western side and we aren`t going that far. We all have one wish for the validation and that is hers. Would appreciate any info

Thanks

Footie xx
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:28 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Swimming with Dolphins ??

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi Guys

Just wondered if any one around Brisbane or Sunshine knew of any where that our daughter can swim with dolphins. I have searched but they are all on the Western side and we aren`t going that far. We all have one wish for the validation and that is hers. Would appreciate any info

Thanks

Footie xx
You could contact Seaworld on Gold Coast and ask if they know anywhere near where you are going, I'm sure if anyone can help you it will be Seaworld. Hers a link: www.seaworld.com.au

Are you guys not worried about Mr & Mrs Great White Shark or their next door neighbours Mr & Mrs Tiger Shark ? :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hope you find somewhere to grant your wish, good luck.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:50 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road

Hi

I just got back from Seaworld, and swimming with the dolphins was one of the best things I have ever done! You are not allowed to do stuff like holding to their fins when they swim but heaps of other cool stuff.

They also take GREAT photos!

barbara
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that at Tin Can Bay in the rainbow beach area (just below Fraser Island) you can feed wild dolphins. You'll have to be there at the right time and they might not always appear (they are wild, you know). This is not exactly swimming with them, but it comes close.

http://www.australianexplorer.com/tin_can_bay.htm
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tips i will make some enquiries

footie xx
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:57 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by ssinnige
I know that at Tin Can Bay in the rainbow beach area (just below Fraser Island) you can feed wild dolphins. You'll have to be there at the right time and they might not always appear (they are wild, you know). This is not exactly swimming with them, but it comes close.

http://www.australianexplorer.com/tin_can_bay.htm
You can do this at Tangalooma every night as well (Moreton Island, about 40mins from Brisbane). There are also always dolphins around if you know where to look for them, my boyf went fishing there on Sunday morning and says he saw 7 or 8 in a single group at one stage

http://www.tangalooma.com/tangalooma...in_feeding.asp
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by irishmolly

Are you guys not worried about Mr & Mrs Great White Shark or their next door neighbours Mr & Mrs Tiger Shark ? :scared: :scared: :scared:

Went to underwater world in Mooloolaba and swam with some rather large sharks by choice, swam with a few reefies and wobbygongs by 'mistake' on the Reef as well
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:16 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Whilst you may not be able to actually 'swim' with dolphins at many places, you can often wade in amongst them and/or feed them at a number of places off the Queensland coast. If you do a Google search for any combination of the following keywords - dolphins, Queensland, Stradbroke, Moreton Bay, swim with dolphins, etc - you will find plenty of sites to look at for more information.

I came across quite a good one for Seaworld (which is well worth a visit anyway) - The Great Outdoors or their own website - Seaworld.

From the northern end of the Gold Coast, you can catch a people ferry to South Stradbroke Island, where, when I went a couple of years ago, you could wade in with dolphins when they were around. See Gold Coast City Council - Ferries.

As an aside, there are some great aerial photos of the Gold Coast area here.

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys

Thanks

Footie xx
Ann-Marie has done a little looking into this and i can tell you what she found.

Moreton bay ( i think, correct me if i'm wrong ) do a feeding session where you enter the water ( not very deep by the photo's ) and feed the dolphins, this is part of the resorts entertainment and each person staying there gets one token a day to feed them...............i think, it's been a while.

Seaworld, gold coast, seems a belter and this is one place she definately wants to go.

http://www.seaworld.com.au/entertain...adventures.cfm

there are loads of places you can go but from what i can gather there is no touching of the dolphins allowed.
If anyone knows of any more, we too would like to hear of them.

Paul
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:39 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie

there are loads of places you can go but from what i can gather there is no touching of the dolphins allowed.
If anyone knows of any more, we too would like to hear of them.

Paul
Does Ann-Marie let you touch her dolphin?
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

We live on the live on the Sunshine Coast and treated our daugher to a swim with the dolphins at Seaworld for her birthday in Feb. It was brilliant, they are there with a few other children and the dolphins play tricks on them, jump over their heads, sing etc, they get to stroke them and also get to pose for a photo that they are given as a keepsake. We booked through the website, you then get a booking ref which you take with you on the day and away you go - fantastic. They have a new exhibit now - shark bay where you can dive with bull and tiger sharks - not the same though eh!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:09 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys

Thanks

Footie xx
I know it is the wrong side of Australia, but we went swimming with Dolphins at Bunbury Western Australia for $5!! for the family! at the Dolphin centre

PJ
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 5:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Thanks

Footie xx
Hi Footie. I'm sure you'll all love the dolphins. We did the 'Dolphin Encounter' in Mexico last year and it was amazing. We weren't brave enough to swim with them because this entailed two dolphins pushing under the soles of your feet and you trying to stand up. Looked like fun though. Here are some pics:
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 5:45 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great photo I think. Taken with a $20 35mm camera too!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 5:45 pm
What's happening dudes?

This is Mrs M:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.