SWE Points

Old Dec 4th 2002, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

JAYVEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SWE Points

Just got my RPL Assessment result.. ACS concluded that my work experience plus my educational achievements equates to an Australian AQF Advanced diploma in computing. Also, ACS calculated that my work experience as a network engineer totals to 7 years...

Could anyone tell me if I can claim the 10 SWE points?
Old Dec 5th 2002, 3:57 am
Just Joined

martynking is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be quite straight forward....10 SWE points can be claimed if you have worked in your nominated occupation, or a closely related occupation, foe at least 3 of the 4 years before applying. Therefore, if ACS have assessed you as a network engineer and you have been in a similar role, network engineer, systems engineer, systems manager, systems administrator etc for 3 of the past 4 years, you should clain the 10 SWE points. Hop that helps...
Old Dec 5th 2002, 4:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure that your recent work experience is after the deeming date noted in your ACS skills assessment letter though ... ie your deeming date should be at least 3 years ago if you want/need these points to get over the points threshold.

Best regards.

Originally posted by martynking
Should be quite straight forward....10 SWE points can be claimed if you have worked in your nominated occupation, or a closely related occupation, foe at least 3 of the 4 years before applying. Therefore, if ACS have assessed you as a network engineer and you have been in a similar role, network engineer, systems engineer, systems manager, systems administrator etc for 3 of the past 4 years, you should clain the 10 SWE points. Hop that helps...
Old Dec 5th 2002, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply guys.. but I'm still confused about deeming dates.. According to the letter I received from ACS and I quote ".. his experience together with his educational achievements would equate with the level of knowledge of an Australian AQF Advanced Diploma in computing. I would judge that this level of attainment could be inferred from March 1994."

So thus this means that my deeming date is March 1994?

ACS computed my work experience as network engineer from 1995 to 2002. This means I can claim the whole 7 years as work experience?

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Make sure that your recent work experience is after the deeming date noted in your ACS skills assessment letter though ... ie your deeming date should be at least 3 years ago if you want/need these points to get over the points threshold.

Best regards.
Old Dec 5th 2002, 5:43 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's how I read it ...

Originally posted by JAYVEE
Thanks for the reply guys.. but I'm still confused about deeming dates.. According to the letter I received from ACS and I quote ".. his experience together with his educational achievements would equate with the level of knowledge of an Australian AQF Advanced Diploma in computing. I would judge that this level of attainment could be inferred from March 1994."

So thus this means that my deeming date is March 1994?

ACS computed my work experience as network engineer from 1995 to 2002. This means I can claim the whole 7 years as work experience?
Old Dec 8th 2002, 9:17 am
Just Joined

thank you alan for the advise.. i really need that 10 points to qualify for migration..

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Yes, that's how I read it ...