Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sussex Meeting (lets get together)

Wikiposts

Sussex Meeting (lets get together)

Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sussex Meeting (lets get together)

Originally Posted by Lynn W
ok no worries... i'll have a think .... we need to rally people around and make this a really good meet. i organised one a while ago and it was FANTASTIC

If anybody has any suggesstions of where we can meet in SUSSEX please let us no . Thank you

Lynn
If people are happy with Brighton, why not try for the Sportsman at Withdean again? The first Btn meet was there, and we had another one after yours, Lynn.
Only thing is...someone would need to check the football and make sure there isn't a Seagulls home game!

I'll be there in spirit
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Hi Lynn

We are interested too. We are three (my wife Pat and 3yr old Indigo) - depends on date though. 13th March is the central london meet (and as I'm organising it up it would be a good idea for me to go), the week later Sandown meet.

So early March or early April would suit us best as our flights are booked for early May.

Neil
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Hi Lynn

We are interested too. We are three (my wife Pat and 3yr old Indigo) - depends on date though. 13th March is the central london meet (and as I'm organising it up it would be a good idea for me to go), the week later Sandown meet.

So early March or early April would suit us best as our flights are booked for early May.

Neil
Ignore the last mail - my browser has gone mental!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If people are happy with Brighton, why not try for the Sportsman at Withdean again? The first Btn meet was there, and we had another one after yours, Lynn.
Only thing is...someone would need to check the football and make sure there isn't a Seagulls home game!

I'll be there in spirit
The sportsman ought to be a winner; loads of parking for the Withdean Stadium, and a kids soft play area to keep the youngsters occupied while the oldies have a drink or two... As it's nearer the A23/A27, it should be more readily accessible for those who don't live in Brighton.

If it's going to be March, it's probably going to be too early to do something outside. The closer you get to spring, you might start considering the Royal Oak in Poynings or even the Ram Inn over at Firle....

Piers.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
The sportsman ought to be a winner; loads of parking for the Withdean Stadium, and a kids soft play area to keep the youngsters occupied while the oldies have a drink or two... As it's nearer the A23/A27, it should be more readily accessible for those who don't live in Brighton.

If it's going to be March, it's probably going to be too early to do something outside. The closer you get to spring, you might start considering the Royal Oak in Poynings or even the Ram Inn over at Firle....

Piers.
Ok guys,

i have suggested MARCH 18th, i will check whether the sportsman at withdean has a home game. Someone said early it is ideal, cause we are able to take children, there is plenty of parking it's a big pub and easy to get to.

what does everyone think of the date. we can move the date to the begining of April if we want to wait till the weather gets a little warmer!

I cant wait, i really enjoyed the last one i went to, i met pollyanna who is already in oz (lucky Thing). Its nice meeting new people enjoying a glass or three of wine with good conversation.!

Let me know about dates guys.....

cheers Lynn x
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:30 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

I'll be interested, Myself, wife and 2 boys. We live in Crawley, so are only 15 minutes up the A23. March 18th to 20th Sandown is having an Emmergration Day, have seen this on another thread. Would like to meet up.

DickChap
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

MarkO'G is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok guys,

i have suggested MARCH 18th, i will check whether the sportsman at withdean has a home game. Someone said early it is ideal, cause we are able to take children, there is plenty of parking it's a big pub and easy to get to.

what does everyone think of the date. we can move the date to the begining of April if we want to wait till the weather gets a little warmer!

I cant wait, i really enjoyed the last one i went to, i met pollyanna who is already in oz (lucky Thing). Its nice meeting new people enjoying a glass or three of wine with good conversation.!

Let me know about dates guys.....

cheers Lynn x

Hi Lyn,

No game at The Withdean on the 18th or the 19th (19th is the Saturday). We may be in Manchester that weekend (Still organising with family).

Whereabouts in Brighton do you live?

Cheers

Mark
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Originally Posted by MarkO'G
Hi Lyn,

No game at The Withdean on the 18th or the 19th (19th is the Saturday). We may be in Manchester that weekend (Still organising with family).

Whereabouts in Brighton do you live?

Cheers

Mark
Hi mark, my family and i are in Kemptown. so do you live in Brighton to?

If everybody is up for that date, shall we get mumbers together then

Friday 18th or Saturday 19th March at withdean stadium
so there will be myself - Lynn, my partner Phil, and two children

thats 4
cheers Lynn
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Would have loved to come along, we recently moved from Newhaven.

What about meeting at the Marina, easy access, public transport, loads of places to eat and free parking. There's a lovely curry house in the new bit.

Have a brilliant evening.

Stef
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Piers.
Hi Piers,
The Sportsman was always a hit with people before - we had them coming from Surrey and Essex, cos it was easy to find!

However, what I really wanted to say was......ARGGHHHH!!! HOMESICK!!
I miss the Royal Oak! sooooo many long summer evenings in the garden, or long winter evenings round the fire. Had a farewell dinner there with my best mate and his partner, and its our first port of call when I get back there. Seriously good pub Oh to be back among those stuffed animals (and I don't mean the other customers!)
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi Piers,
The Sportsman was always a hit with people before - we had them coming from Surrey and Essex, cos it was easy to find!

I miss the Royal Oak! sooooo many long summer evenings in the garden, or long winter evenings round the fire. Had a farewell dinner there with my best mate and his partner, and its our first port of call when I get back there. Seriously good pub Oh to be back among those stuffed animals (and I don't mean the other customers!)
Thanks polly, i think we have got the pub now, just need the numbers. so come on everybody ! come along for a great evening

let me know
cheers lynn
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi all, It seems like we have a few who will be interested, but would like to know a date. so may i suggest the date FRIDAY 18th MARCH.
Ok you guys, now I know there's a conspiracy against us.....we are dying to meet up with some of you guys, but every meet that we could get to, (London, Sandown and now this Brighton one) are all happening over the weekend of the 18-20th March, when we are on holiday, so it's all the meets and the Emigrate expo we are missing......aaaggghhhh. :scared:

Anyway, have a great time, but please don't arrange another meet during the 9-19th Sept this year, as we are away again!!!

Have a few on us.

J
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Hi Piers,

Hi Polly,

Know what you mean! I haven't really been here long enough to start missing everything yet, but summers were all about boosy afternoons at the Royal Oak with a BBQ thrown in for good measure!

Met up with YAFM, Soapy, Igual, Swaffy, among various others at the weekend in the Botanical Gardens in Sydney. Your name came up in conversation a few times, but all good Was quite odd discovering everyone was actually real rather than just an Avatar and occasional message! Much beer was consumed in a true expat fashion!

Not sure if I am going to make it to the GP which I am quite gutted about. It's just so hectic here getting eveything sorted out, and I start work next week. Presumably you fly down to Melbourne when you go?

Piers.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Hi Polly,

Know what you mean! I haven't really been here long enough to start missing everything yet, but summers were all about boosy afternoons at the Royal Oak with a BBQ thrown in for good measure!

Met up with YAFM, Soapy, Igual, Swaffy, among various others at the weekend in the Botanical Gardens in Sydney. Your name came up in conversation a few times, but all good Was quite odd discovering everyone was actually real rather than just an Avatar and occasional message! Much beer was consumed in a true expat fashion!

Not sure if I am going to make it to the GP which I am quite gutted about. It's just so hectic here getting eveything sorted out, and I start work next week. Presumably you fly down to Melbourne when you go?

Piers.
Yep, we fly down in the middle of the week, for 4 days hard work. Glad to hear I am still being talked about in expat circles - and i know what you mean, its odd meeting people from here for the first time. Our first meet, we all kept circling the pub eyeing each other and trying to work out if we looked mad enough to be emigrating!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Yep, we fly down in the middle of the week, for 4 days hard work. Glad to hear I am still being talked about in expat circles - and i know what you mean, its odd meeting people from here for the first time. Our first meet, we all kept circling the pub eyeing each other and trying to work out if we looked mad enough to be emigrating!!!
So Guys lets get the numbers together then . whose coming along on -

FRIDAY 18th MARCH 2005 at the SPORTSMAN at WITHDEAN 8pm.

there is a place for the children to play. SEE YOU THERE !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.