Surrey Meet

Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

ozzygirl is on a distinguished road
Red face Surrey Meet

Hi Everybody

I haven't been on this site for a while (internet problems) and was wandering if there are any Surrey meets coming up.

Ozzygirl

p.s We are at present 9 weeks into the long wait for our medical requests
Old Jul 21st 2005, 10:21 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surrey Meet

Originally Posted by ozzygirl
Hi Everybody

I haven't been on this site for a while (internet problems) and was wandering if there are any Surrey meets coming up.

Ozzygirl

p.s We are at present 9 weeks into the long wait for our medical requests
Hi Ozziegirl,

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about a Surrey meet. I've never been to one before but am willing to organise one and put a few faces to the names on here
Someone decided that it would be a good idea to organise one for (probably) Sunday 9th October as the Emigrate exhibition is on at Sandown in Esher that weekend.
I haven't decided on a venue yet. If you've got any ideas then let me have 'em , but will sit down after my hols and work out the details.
Can we count you in on it then?

Julie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

ozzygirl is on a distinguished road

Hi'a Julie

Yes you can add 2 more to your list !

Its a good idea to have it on the weekend of the show, I know that area quite well so will have a think about any possible venues. The Swan hotel in Weybridge might be a possibility, i haven't been there for years but it used to be really nice and had a good size bar.

We went to a meet last year at the Quays in Frimley, that was good but its quite away from Sandown.

Where abouts are you hoping to move to ?? We are Adelaide bound.

Keep Smiling

Angie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:04 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Someone decided that it would be a good idea to organise one for (probably) Sunday 9th October as the Emigrate exhibition is on at Sandown in Esher that weekend.
That was a good idea. I wonder who it was that came up with that
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:15 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
That was a good idea. I wonder who it was that came up with that
Now let me think about that one.
Ah, it wasn't you by any chance was it Worz
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:19 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by ozzygirl
Hi'a Julie

Yes you can add 2 more to your list !

Its a good idea to have it on the weekend of the show, I know that area quite well so will have a think about any possible venues. The Swan hotel in Weybridge might be a possibility, i haven't been there for years but it used to be really nice and had a good size bar.

We went to a meet last year at the Quays in Frimley, that was good but its quite away from Sandown.

Where abouts are you hoping to move to ?? We are Adelaide bound.

Keep Smiling

Angie

Hi Angie,
Glad you can make the meet. I'll let you know more details later.
We're Brisbane bound. Probably August/September next year. Need to wait for the kids to finish their exams first.
Whereabouts are you here then?
Julie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:36 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Now let me think about that one.
Ah, it wasn't you by any chance was it Worz
Henry, the mild-mannered janitor? Could be!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:41 pm
Chocoholic

Henry, the mild-mannered janitor? Could be!

You know, you could make the effort to be there. It's only a few hours drive
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:49 pm
A former regular of BE

You know, you could make the effort to be there. It's only a few hours drive
you may say , but it is not altogether impossible. We have initial accomodation booked for 20th October so if we don't stop somewhere for a week like Scissors did will still be in this country. And after living with the outlaws for 6-8 weeks we could be looking for any excuse to get out of the house. I don't think there will be much to get out of the show for us by then, though! Are you just going to do a meet on the Sunday arvo or are you going to do a boozy one on the Saturday night too? (A local Premier Travel Inn is always a good idea for those staying over)
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:57 pm
Chocoholic

you may say , but it is not altogether impossible. We have initial accomodation booked for 20th October so if we don't stop somewhere for a week like Scissors did will still be in this country. And after living with the outlaws for 6-8 weeks we could be looking for any excuse to get out of the house. I don't think there will be much to get out of the show for us by then, though! Are you just going to do a meet on the Sunday arvo or are you going to do a boozy one on the Saturday night too? (A local Premier Travel Inn is always a good idea for those staying over)
You're full of bright ideas aren't you
Well, I'm up for the Saturday night aswell. There's a few Premier Travel Inns near here so accommodation shouldn't be a problem.

Can you handle 2 days of booze though? Oh hang on, you're a bloke. Course you can
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:13 pm
A former regular of BE

You're full of bright ideas aren't you
Well, I'm up for the Saturday night aswell. There's a few Premier Travel Inns near here so accommodation shouldn't be a problem.

Can you handle 2 days of booze though? Oh hang on, you're a bloke. Course you can
The first time we stayed at one next to a pub called the Queen Adelaide (we decided it was fate!) and the second time we stayed right next door to Chessington World of Adventures but only had a meet at the second (Good fun - Ask Professional Princess and Scissors about their horn of plenty or wandering round the pub shouting "Rooksie" ). They booked up early so bear that in mind.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:17 pm
Chocoholic

The first time we stayed at one next to a pub called the Queen Adelaide (we decided it was fate!) and the second time we stayed right next door to Chessington World of Adventures but only had a meet at the second (Good fun - Ask Professional Princess and Scissors about their horn of plenty or wandering round the pub shouting "Rooksie" ). They booked up early so bear that in mind.

I live about 5 mins away from the one at the Queen Adelaide, and about 10 mins from the one at Chessington, so a meet at either would be fine with me.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ozziegirl,

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about a Surrey meet. I've never been to one before but am willing to organise one and put a few faces to the names on here
I haven't decided on a venue yet. If you've got any ideas then let me have 'em , but will sit down after my hols and work out the details.
Can we count you in on it then?

Julie
Hi there, we havent been to any meets but would love to come.

Donna, Darren and Craig (3)
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:34 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by angel17796
Hi there, we havent been to any meets but would love to come.

Donna, Darren and Craig (3)
Fantastic! The more the merrier.
I've narrowed the venue down to two. Either The Monkey Puzzle which is attached to a Premier Travel Inn and is situated next door to Chessington World of Adventures. It doesn't have a play area for kiddies though.
The other choice is The Hogsmill Tavern (part of the Beefeater chain) between Tolworth and Ewell. This does have an outdoor play area.
Both are easy to get to from the Sandown exhibition.
Either one is fine by me as my kids are too old for play areas.

Are these any good to any of you out there?

The date again is Sunday 9th October after the Sandown exhibition, but we can also meet there on the Saturday evening if you want.

Julie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic! The more the merrier.
I've narrowed the venue down to two. Either The Monkey Puzzle which is attached to a Premier Travel Inn and is situated next door to Chessington World of Adventures. It doesn't have a play area for kiddies though.
The other choice is The Hogsmill Tavern (part of the Beefeater chain) between Tolworth and Ewell. This does have an outdoor play area.
Both are easy to get to from the Sandown exhibition.
Either one is fine by me as my kids are too old for play areas.

Are these any good to any of you out there?

The date again is Sunday 9th October after the Sandown exhibition, but we can also meet there on the Saturday evening if you want.

Julie
lol Dont know where any of these places are but i think we are closer to chessington (not very sure where that is either) I do have a fully functional driver and map reader who will probably know the way. We live in Bagshot so i will try to find out where is closer and how to get to each place.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.