British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   surfin!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/surfin-316464/)

:-) Beth :-) Jul 27th 2005 8:59 pm

surfin!!

hia,im 15,n movin 2 oz nxt yr. dus ne1 no ow long it teks 2 learn ow 2 surf n is it expensive 4 lesons??

thanx

beth xxx

Widdi Jul 27th 2005 9:11 pm

Re: surfin!!

I Beth, now your never going to learn how to spell proper with that texty language now will you!!

This is a forum where you have use of a full keyboard! -

anyway - average, it takes about 1 day to stand up, 4 days to start to steer and about 20 days to start to get good.

This is solid surfing - ok so this may take months, surfing is usually about $45 for half a DAy with a group.

iz that OK 4 U?

:-) Beth :-) Jul 27th 2005 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Widdi
I Beth, now your never going to learn how to spell proper with that texty language now will you!!

This is a forum where you have use of a full keyboard! -

anyway - average, it takes about 1 day to stand up, 4 days to start to steer and about 20 days to start to get good.

This is solid surfing - ok so this may take months, surfing is usually about $45 for half a DAy with a group.

iz that OK 4 U?

sorry ill try and type properly. not used to it though.....too much msn and texting.

thanks for that info. ill have to find a job and save up for lessons for when i move then.

beth xxx

John Jul 27th 2005 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by :-) Beth :-)
sorry ill try and type properly. not used to it though.....too much msn and texting.

thanks for that info. ill have to find a job and save up for lessons for when i move then.

beth xxx

LOL!! Kids today eh? tsk, tsk :rolleyes:

Perthforme Jul 27th 2005 9:21 pm

hia,im 15,n movin 2 oz nxt yr. dus ne1 no ow long it teks 2 learn ow 2 surf n is it expensive 4 lesons??

thanx

beth xxx

Get a job at the FBI they will pay you to learn to surf :cool:

aussie73 Jul 27th 2005 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Widdi
I Beth, now your never going to learn how to spell proper with that texty language now will you

iz that OK 4 U?

People on the forum have been saying Oz's education system is bad. :rolleyes:

PeteY Jul 28th 2005 12:49 am

I guess it took me about 6 months, over the whole summer, to surf well. I say well, when i guess i should just say "stand up and ride a whole wave". I just went out with friends, no proper lessons.

Depends on a few things.....how good your balance is, and how good the waves are where you live. Here in Mount Gambier its too cold for me in winter, so i can only surf in the summer, and the waves are generally pretty small and messy.

If you are heading to the sunshine coast however, or anywhere on the east coast south of here, you will get muuuuch nicer waves.

Good luck. Its good fun.

SuperSeagulls Jul 28th 2005 6:42 am

I went with these guys in MAnly.........and I'll be going again;

http://www.manlysurfschool.com/

SS

Soi Oz Jul 28th 2005 7:03 am

thanx

beth xxx

Where are you moving to? There's surf schools all over the country but why not learn like most of us Aussies did ... Just buy a board and get out there with your friends! One summer should do it unless you're totally hopeless :D

:-) Beth :-) Jul 28th 2005 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
Where are you moving to? There's surf schools all over the country but why not learn like most of us Aussies did ... Just buy a board and get out there with your friends! One summer should do it unless you're totally hopeless :D

movin to bayside in brisbane. i could learn like most aussies did but id not have a clue what id be doing and i couldnt go out with friends because i wont no anyone when i move!!! i might aswel try that before having lessons though.

thanx 4 all replies

beth xxx

tiredwithtwins Jul 28th 2005 12:21 pm

movin to bayside in brisbane. i could learn like most aussies did but id not have a clue what id be doing and i couldnt go out with friends because i wont no anyone when i move!!! i might aswel try that before having lessons though.

thanx 4 all replies

beth xxx

eee lass, you will soon have loads of friends....and half the fun of learning is the falling in the water.... i would imagine there will be plenty of kids willing to teach you too....... :D

Perthforme Jul 28th 2005 10:14 pm

thanx 4 all replies

beth xxx

You will meet plenty of mates in aus as most aussies are very friendly .
Surfing is mucho fun and addictive be warned !