Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Surfers Paradise - what's going on?

Surfers Paradise - what's going on?

Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:12 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Question Surfers Paradise - what's going on?

I like to watch the webcams on Coastalwatch and regularly see large gatherings on the beach at Surfer's Paradise on a Saturday evening.
Does anybody know what's actually going on? They're all there now, some sat on the sand and others milling around...
Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:17 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Surfers Paradise - what's going on?

Originally Posted by wmoore
I like to watch the webcams on Coastalwatch and regularly see large gatherings on the beach at Surfer's Paradise on a Saturday evening.
Does anybody know what's actually going on? They're all there now, some sat on the sand and others milling around...
I haven't seen the web cam, but being school holidays, could it be the free movies being shown on the beach again ?

Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:19 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I haven't seen the web cam, but being school holidays, could it be the free movies being shown on the beach again ?
Ah I see. Sounds pretty cool. Cheers.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Ah I see. Sounds pretty cool. Cheers.

I would say its schoolies but its not cause they are held in end november...

Oh, i know know, they have the markets on along the beach, that would be it!

fabie
Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Wayne
You have changed your avatar
Fabie is probably right it must be the art and craft market.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:02 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by debsy
Wayne
You have changed your avatar
Fabie is probably right it must be the art and craft market.
Thanks all. My curiosity has been soothed. I can see what looks like some canvas so market is likely I guess.

Debsy, I decided it was time for a new pic so I took a photo and ......
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks all. My curiosity has been soothed. I can see what looks like some canvas so market is likely I guess.

Debsy, I decided it was time for a new pic so I took a photo and ......
Yehhhhhhh.

I will go and stand in front of the cam saturday week and you can see me as I wave to you
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:22 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by debsy
Yehhhhhhh.

I will go and stand in front of the cam saturday week and you can see me as I wave to you

We're going for a trip to Brisbane & Melbourne in 4 weeks and 6 days (not counting, honest) and I've told my mother I'm going to ring her when I'm stood in front of a webcam waving like a mad thing.

Look forward to seeing you Debsy. Don't forget now!
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

We're going for a trip to Brisbane & Melbourne in 4 weeks and 6 days (not counting, honest) and I've told my mother I'm going to ring her when I'm stood in front of a webcam waving like a mad thing.

Look forward to seeing you Debsy. Don't forget now!
Ok - will try not to
I will have to find out where it is when I get there.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My best mate flies small planes regularly from Shoreham in Sussex, and they have a webcam at the airport - he makes a right twit of himself by standing in front of it, waving madly - having sent me text messages first to make sure I have it logged in here! Very funny to see people giving him a wide berth, as most people don't realise the camera is there and just think hes gone nuts!
Old Sep 25th 2004, 11:48 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya wmoore,

let us know on the web and we will all be able to see you

Bye
Mark
Old Sep 25th 2004, 11:58 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya wmoore,

let us know on the web and we will all be able to see you

Bye
Mark

Just found this page of UK webcams
thought it might come in handy for you all

http://www.ukwebcameras.co.uk/Default.asp
Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My best mate flies small planes regularly from Shoreham in Sussex, and they have a webcam at the airport - he makes a right twit of himself by standing in front of it, waving madly - having sent me text messages first to make sure I have it logged in here! Very funny to see people giving him a wide berth, as most people don't realise the camera is there and just think hes gone nuts!
lol Poll