Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Surfers Paradise Boozers - Xmas Special - Sat 5th Dec

Surfers Paradise Boozers - Xmas Special - Sat 5th Dec

Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice
Default Re: Surfers Paradise Boozers - Xmas Special - Sat 5th Dec

Originally Posted by kirstyboobs
Hiya - just found this site! We were trying to organise a night out on the 5th on Poms in Oz, and someone had posted a link to this site. Perhaps we could combine our nights out? We hadnt settled on a location yet. So far theres just 2 of us confirmed...
Excellent idea!

As you can see, we're trying to choose a venue in the Surfers area (being the most central for everyone), so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Gav
Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gavstrad
Following on from last weekend, we're booking in the next date for the final Gold Coast gathering of 2009.

Date: Saturday 5th December
Venue: to be confirmed, but looking like central Surfers at either…
Billy’s Beach House www.billysbeachhouse.com.au

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated as well as alternative venue suggestions!

And as usual, everyone is welcome!

Gav & Andrea
Hi, Gav, sorry had some internet problems so not been on sooner! We went to
Billy's beach house a couple of weeks ago and think it might be a bit too busy, was quite good though. Also, just a thought but Schoolies is still on then? Not sure if I want to stand next to the 18 year olds, maybe we should have it on the outskirts?? What do you think.
Michelle
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Hey Michelle, I kind of thought that about Billy's (not that we have been there...), so we'll strike that one off the list for now.

Official end date of Schoolies is Sunday 29th November, but to play it safe I’m going to put a stake in the ground and say Shuck Bar at Main Beach. I know we only went there a few months ago, but it’s pretty central and if we do fancy the hop in to Surfers, it’s not a big cab ride.

I’ve given them a call and reserved an area to the right of the bar outside, so it’s should be easy for everyone to meet up.

The details are:
Shuck Bar
Tedder Avenue
Main Beach
www.shuck.com.au

Area is reserved from 7pm.

Hope to see you all there!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hey Michelle, I kind of thought that about Billy's (not that we have been there...), so we'll strike that one off the list for now.

Official end date of Schoolies is Sunday 29th November, but to play it safe I’m going to put a stake in the ground and say Shuck Bar at Main Beach. I know we only went there a few months ago, but it’s pretty central and if we do fancy the hop in to Surfers, it’s not a big cab ride.

I’ve given them a call and reserved an area to the right of the bar outside, so it’s should be easy for everyone to meet up.

The details are:
Shuck Bar
Tedder Avenue
Main Beach
www.shuck.com.au

Area is reserved from 7pm.

Hope to see you all there!
Great choice, count us in.
Michelle & Alan
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future

Sounds like a great idea, and a nice place to boot. Will check up with OH, as he keeps the diary, and let you know.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

wednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant future

sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I think you'll find that the Qld schoolies finishes on the 5th but then the NSW schoolies starts. Not sure Surfers is going to be the place to go. Anywhere on the Avenue is normally fine but there will be toolies everywhere so not going to be the most relaxing place int he world.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:04 am
Just Joined

melnchris is an unknown quantity at this point

shuck bar it is, see you there!
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:32 pm
Social Director

Kirstydownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent idea!

As you can see, we're trying to choose a venue in the Surfers area (being the most central for everyone), so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Gav
Our night out has had to be changed to the 11th - Sorry! We are meeting at 7.30pm in the Grand Hotel in Labrador - so if anyone wants to join us your more than welcome.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of

we're a bit confused about the meet up but want to come along. We arrived here on Thursday morning so would love a drink with other newbies . . .
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wednesfield wolf
sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I think you'll find that the Qld schoolies finishes on the 5th but then the NSW schoolies starts. Not sure Surfers is going to be the place to go. Anywhere on the Avenue is normally fine but there will be toolies everywhere so not going to be the most relaxing place int he world.
QLD schoolies finished last night. NSW kids will be up there now and Friday 4th but there will still be some around so I'd stick to Main Beach.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

wednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant future

The Grand Hotel is a good start, for a bit of a treat try the fish and chip shop over the road, the New Zealand Dory is especially good.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:21 am
Social Director

Originally Posted by wednesfield wolf
The Grand Hotel is a good start, for a bit of a treat try the fish and chip shop over the road, the New Zealand Dory is especially good.
I've heard that actually - might need to give it a go.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

telecomkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey we are new to the are too and living in coolangata, we would love to come - looks like i may have to drivethos as its a fair old taxi ride
May look at going to the other one on the 11th too and try to get a room in the grand!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 2:00 am
Social Director

Originally Posted by telecomkid
Hey we are new to the are too and living in coolangata, we would love to come - looks like i may have to drivethos as its a fair old taxi ride
May look at going to the other one on the 11th too and try to get a room in the grand!!!!
sound like a fab idea!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kirstyboobs
Our night out has had to be changed to the 11th - Sorry! We are meeting at 7.30pm in the Grand Hotel in Labrador - so if anyone wants to join us your more than welcome.
That's a shame, but no worries...

Gav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.