British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Surfer Paradise Boozers on Location, Hope Island (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/surfer-paradise-boozers-location-hope-island-559563/)

sambo76 Sep 4th 2008 11:50 pm

Surfer Paradise Boozers on Location, Hope Island

Back by popular demand, and now on location. The Surfers Paradise Boozers are meeting on Saturday 27th September at 7pm for beer and frivolities.

We're gonna mix it up a bit and meet in the Boardwalk Tavern, Hope Island to give us Northerners a break from the taxi fare/hotel room associated with a SP pissup.... Steve was REALLY moaning about this the other day, but all Northerners are tight aren't they?!

Let us know if you fancy a few too many beers with some likeminded folks, new and old boozers welcome along.

If they date starts to look a bit sticky it might change, but lets run with it for now.

See ya there,
Sam

WelshSarah Sep 4th 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Surfer Paradise Boozers on Location, Hope Island

Ah... I was looking forward to the next one after missing the last and hearing it was so good... Bit too far up for us though..:(

sammyg Sep 5th 2008 4:01 am

We'll see if we can do it:thumbsup: it might be a bit a pricey, taxi back down to varsity but maybe we'll try and walk home like we did last time:blink::blink:

GaznEm Sep 5th 2008 5:59 am

Hey guys,

Date and location is good for us. See u soon. :)

sambo76 Sep 5th 2008 6:14 am

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 6750784)
We'll see if we can do it:thumbsup: it might be a bit a pricey, taxi back down to varsity but maybe we'll try and walk home like we did last time:blink::blink:

They'll be a few headin that way, I'm sure so you'll be able to bag a taxi with someone. You guys have gotta come... Listening to Stu teaching people how to say Stu and not Stew made my night last time!!!

sambo76 Sep 5th 2008 6:14 am

Originally Posted by GaznEm (Post 6750951)
Hey guys,

Date and location is good for us. See u soon. :)

Knew we could always rely on our not so new recruits! See u there guys!!!

OzzyLee Sep 5th 2008 6:36 am

Is that drunk Esther taking her camera again ? :rofl:

WelshSarah Sep 5th 2008 7:11 am

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 6750784)

Maybe we could share a cab...

sambo76 Sep 5th 2008 8:15 am

Originally Posted by OzzyLee (Post 6751008)
Is that drunk Esther taking her camera again ? :rofl:

I will be there......with my camera! Watch out Lee!

femkerich Sep 5th 2008 8:32 am

I will unfortunately have to miss our first one :( - hubby back to london for 2 weeks and dont think i will know enough people by then to have sorted a babysitter yet... The location would have been great though....just around the corner for us!

gavstrad Sep 5th 2008 8:35 am

Oh alright then... If we must go out and enjoy ourselves again!

Count us in!

Gav & Andrea

peast01 Sep 5th 2008 8:29 pm

Now then Sambo lets get this right, the reason we are having it at the broad water tavern is because you are now a hope islander resident who is to posh to drink in the pubs with the rest of us rabble, you are now more acquired to drinking in the the golf club house with all the old folk, or is it because you dont want to slum it in the back packers again and end up being bit by bed bugs. :thumbsup:

sambo76 Sep 5th 2008 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by peast01 (Post 6753412)
Now then Sambo lets get this right, the reason we are having it at the broad water tavern is because you are now a hope islander resident who is to posh to drink in the pubs with the rest of us rabble, you are now more acquired to drinking in the the golf club house with all the old folk, or is it because you dont want to slum it in the back packers again and end up being bit by bed bugs. :thumbsup:

Damn it, rumbled!!!

gavstrad Sep 5th 2008 9:29 pm

Go Steve, get in there mate!!!

The light-weight northern monkey is off n' running!

OzzyLee Sep 5th 2008 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by sambo76 (Post 6751276)
I will be there......with my camera! Watch out Lee!

:ohmy: I'll have to bring a paper bag this time :lol: