Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Surfer Paradise Boozers on Location, Hope Island

Surfer Paradise Boozers on Location, Hope Island

Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surfer Paradise Boozers on Location, Hope Island

Originally Posted by sambo76
They'll be a few headin that way, I'm sure so you'll be able to bag a taxi with someone. You guys have gotta come... Listening to Stu teaching people how to say Stu and not Stew made my night last time!!!
Just spoke to stu about this and he says he 'sort of' knows what you're talking about (must have been after 9pm!!)

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Maybe we could share a cab...

Yes, that would be good Sarah - only problem is getting me and stu into the cab at the same time as he decided he was going to walk it last time
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

peast01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gavstrad
Go Steve, get in there mate!!!

The light-weight northern monkey is off n' running!

Northern Monkey light weight I can accept, even though I seem to remember you being the one with the broken toe, not enough lemonade in your shandy.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

Hey,
I think we can make it to the boardwalk meet..we are just round the corner at Azzura.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

You little so and so's, waiting till we were back in the UK then moving the meets up north!!
We will be back soon tho Should try the Coomera Waters taven one day they wont know what hit them!
Hope u all r ok, its still raining here GOD ITS GRIM
Have a good time though xx
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by trevamather
Hey,
I think we can make it to the boardwalk meet..we are just round the corner at Azzura.
Nice one, see ya there!!! Staggering distance, that mate!

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
You little so and so's, waiting till we were back in the UK then moving the meets up north!!
We will be back soon tho Should try the Coomera Waters taven one day they wont know what hit them!
Hope u all r ok, its still raining here GOD ITS GRIM
Have a good time though xx
Sorry Em!!! We'll raise a glass or five to our friends under the grey skies

Originally Posted by peast01
Northern Monkey light weight I can accept, even though I seem to remember you being the one with the broken toe, not enough lemonade in your shandy.
OOOOOOW,, the great north/south drink off challenge has begun I feel. Now on recent form I would say Steve hasn't got a hope in hell, HOWEVER Gav may be impeded by the aforementioned broken toe... Should be a good night!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sammyg
Just spoke to stu about this and he says he 'sort of' knows what you're talking about (must have been after 9pm!!)

Yeah, probably best he pretends it's all abit vague?!

Yes, that would be good Sarah - only problem is getting me and stu into the cab at the same time as he decided he was going to walk it last time
That's the spirit, we're all friends in the pursuit of beer consumption en-masse, though don't try walking home from this one Stoo

Was in there last night actually and the courtesy bus will take you over to Pac Pines and as far south as Runaway Bay, for free. Gav, you'll be pleased to know they'll also pick up from yours too!!! How good is that?!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Back by popular demand, and now on location. The Surfers Paradise Boozers are meeting on Saturday 27th September at 7pm for beer and frivolities.

We're gonna mix it up a bit and meet in the Boardwalk Tavern, Hope Island to give us Northerners a break from the taxi fare/hotel room associated with a SP pissup.... Steve was REALLY moaning about this the other day, but all Northerners are tight aren't they?!

Let us know if you fancy a few too many beers with some likeminded folks, new and old boozers welcome along.

If they date starts to look a bit sticky it might change, but lets run with it for now.

See ya there,
Sam
Hi guys, the hardened scottish crew need to give it a miss Im afraid as family are coming over. Have a great nite though and give us a shout for the next one.
Michelle & Alan x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi guys, the hardened scottish crew need to give it a miss Im afraid as family are coming over. Have a great nite though and give us a shout for the next one.
Michelle & Alan x
Bring em along!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Gav, you'll be pleased to know they'll also pick up from yours too!!! How good is that?!
I've had the experience already of the Boardwalk courtesy bus... Bloody marvellous!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gavstrad
I've had the experience already of the Boardwalk courtesy bus... Bloody marvellous!
The only reason I needed to move to Oz was the free bus to and from the pub, if I'd known about before I'd left it would have made saying goodbye so much easier!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

lee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys. Count me and ann in. our daughter will be over here then so we will bring her along too.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:43 am
drb
Forum Regular

drb is on a distinguished road

bit of a trek for us, would have to have about 5 piss stops on the way home in the taxi! might look into getting hotel around there. Anyone got any suggestions??
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:52 am
drb
Forum Regular

drb is on a distinguished road

Sam, are they likely to show any footie in there mate? Everton Liverpool is on that night??
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drb
Sam, are they likely to show any footie in there mate? Everton Liverpool is on that night??
Hey bud. We asked em to stick the Man U L'pool on the other night and they did. Just depends what other games are on, ie rugby= no chance of the big screen!!! They have a few smaller screens to so I'm sure they'd stick it on one of them, they're pretty good.
Hotels, don't know actually mate as we've just moved up this way. There are a few heading your way home tho. Ozzy Lee and wife and mate are gonna head up from Varsity. As are Sammy n Stu I hope. TBH if everyone came and shared a minibus it wouldn't cost much hope i don't reckon. But don't quote me on it, hey!
See ya all there!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hey bud. We asked em to stick the Man U L'pool on the other night and they did. Just depends what other games are on, ie rugby= no chance of the big screen!!! They have a few smaller screens to so I'm sure they'd stick it on one of them, they're pretty good.
Hotels, don't know actually mate as we've just moved up this way. There are a few heading your way home tho. Ozzy Lee and wife and mate are gonna head up from Varsity. As are Sammy n Stu I hope. TBH if everyone came and shared a minibus it wouldn't cost much hope i don't reckon. But don't quote me on it, hey!
See ya all there!
We are coming for defo now
We've booked a night at Marina Quays International for the night so we're going to make a weekend of it...we're looking forward to it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.