Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Surf Festival, Noosa

Surf Festival, Noosa

Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Surf Festival, Noosa

Anyone thinking of coming up to Noosa for the surf festival? Well Noosa is packed! Car park near NP has been closed off, so very limitied parking. All in all tho good start to the festival. The kids were great, took my boys after school and they were well impressed! Tiny little kids just going for it amongst the more experienced surfers - amazing! Tried to take some pics but; my polarizing lens steamed up with the humidity, then for some odd reason I accidently switched function effects to copper! Not quite sure what happened, but hey I got some snaps! Must have been all the excitement been surrounded by all those surfers!
Attached Thumbnails Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest22.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest21.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest16.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest2.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest4.jpg  

Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surf Festival, Noosa

Originally Posted by glittababe
Anyone thinking of coming up to Noosa for the surf festival? Well Noosa is packed! Car park near NP has been closed off, so very limitied parking. All in all tho good start to the festival. The kids were great, took my boys after school and they were well impressed! Tiny little kids just going for it amongst the more experienced surfers - amazing! Tried to take some pics but; my polarizing lens steamed up with the humidity, then for some odd reason I accidently switched function effects to copper! Not quite sure what happened, but hey I got some snaps! Must have been all the excitement been surrounded by all those surfers!
and some more, this littlen was about 6 years old!
Attached Thumbnails Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest19.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest7.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest9.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest8.jpg   Surf Festival, Noosa-surffest10.jpg  

Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:51 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Think the copper effect looks cool for a mistake... adds to the ambience.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by annqldau
Think the copper effect looks cool for a mistake... adds to the ambience.
shame tho as altho cloudy, it was actually beautiful and blue! Ah well never mind. Think my lens went misty cos I'd just got out of an air cond car! Will have to warm them up next time - ooo errrr!

Didn't help that I had sunnies on with a brown tint, so I just assumed it was them! Should have checked settings tho, I normally do. Will just have to go tomorrow after work and take some more - its tough but I need the snaps for my hallway!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:00 am

shame tho as altho cloudy, it was actually beautiful and blue! Ah well never mind. Think my lens went misty cos I'd just got out of an air cond car! Will have to warm them up next time - ooo errrr!

Didn't help that I had sunnies on with a brown tint, so I just assumed it was them! Should have checked settings tho, I normally do. Will just have to go tomorrow after work and take some more - its tough but I need the snaps for my hallway!

Also unscrew the filter and put it back on as it may just be the air inside the gap between the two lenses trapping the moisture like double glazing when it loses it's seal.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Also unscrew the filter and put it back on as it may just be the air inside the gap between the two lenses trapping the moisture like double glazing when it loses it's seal.
good point, never thought of that, ah well time to go and get kids settled. Back to work tomorrow (boo)
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:21 am

good point, never thought of that, ah well time to go and get kids settled. Back to work tomorrow (boo)
You got some good ones of them on top of waves though, good enough excuse to throw a sicky and take some more if it's still on.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Great photos. They look fab.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

You got some good ones of them on top of waves though, good enough excuse to throw a sicky and take some more if it's still on.
its on all week, but today it rained! Hopefully it'll brighten up towards end of week and I can get some more. Throw a sicky??? I wish I could! No one else to cover me!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Annie, I'll send over my MIL she does a similar job to you with derbyshire primary care trust!!! Take all the sickies you want hon. Get her out of my hair for a while...

Cant wait to see your hallway, bet its like a gallery!

lovely post, speak soon babes

S-j xx still on top of the world, with the tena's firmly in place xxxx
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

What lovely piccies.

We are hoping to come out soon for a good look around and Noosa is one of the areas we want to look at, so keep the photo's coming!!

Sara x
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Annie, I'll send over my MIL she does a similar job to you with derbyshire primary care trust!!! Take all the sickies you want hon. Get her out of my hair for a while...

Cant wait to see your hallway, bet its like a gallery!

lovely post, speak soon babes

S-j xx still on top of the world, with the tena's firmly in place xxxx
Now are you replying to glitterbabe or me???
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now are you replying to glitterbabe or me???
could be either of us!!! Definately send over MIL, need a break. Put in my A/L request the other to HR only to have it declined as no one to cover me!!!! Went mad, found my back bone (think I must have left it with the NHS) and informed yes I would be taking my A/L on those dates as I have no childcare - unless of course I bring them to work with me for the whole of the easter school hols. Anyway received email from HR, not an apology but just a sentence "its been granted......regards"! How rude!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:12 am

could be either of us!!! Definately send over MIL, need a break. Put in my A/L request the other to HR only to have it declined as no one to cover me!!!! Went mad, found my back bone (think I must have left it with the NHS) and informed yes I would be taking my A/L on those dates as I have no childcare - unless of course I bring them to work with me for the whole of the easter school hols. Anyway received email from HR, not an apology but just a sentence "its been granted......regards"! How rude!
Once had similar problem in UK re xmas leave as my husband had 2 weeks every xmas and I was told sod off you can't. Unions said that as long as you had gave HR/Pay office and management ample notice they could not deny it as they had had time to organise cover. I was fair and didn't want it every year but occasionally was nice.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Once had similar problem in UK re xmas leave as my husband had 2 weeks every xmas and I was told sod off you can't. Unions said that as long as you had gave HR/Pay office and management ample notice they could not deny it as they had had time to organise cover. I was fair and didn't want it every year but occasionally was nice.
I have this fight with my current boss every time I want holiday - he insists it is our own responsibility to find cover for our jobs before we can take any leave. Totally unreasonable as we aren't allowed to advertise, he has to do that, and no-one internal wants to work for him.