Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

supply teaching on the gold coast

supply teaching on the gold coast

Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default supply teaching on the gold coast

Hi all, does anybody have any idea of how much supply teachers are paid per hour/day in queensland or inparticular the gold coast.

thx

rgds lisa.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default Re: supply teaching on the gold coast

just bumping this thread.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Lisas

supply rates are fairly good, I can't remember exactly but if you look on queensland teacher union pages the info is there. If I remember its on a 2 or 4 year experience teacher rate. So different from the UK where its on whatever your experience rate should be.

supply depending on your speciality and age group is fairly good. I was a HOD in science in the logan albert region (just north of the GC) before moving over to Texas.

If you need any info or help Pm me.

Amanda
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Try this site for more information about relief teaching in Qland. It looks as if the current rate is at the Band 3 step 1 level which seems to be about $228 per day (ball park) - that is about the going rate down here too.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

sorry lisas to take over your post

but i was woundering if someone could tell me...does Australia use teaching assistants/classroom assistants..as im currtently in the fisrt year studing this....and if we were ever to move down under..is it worth carring on or find something else???

thanks clare & dean xx
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

We have special teachers assistants (STAs) but they are very menial sorts of positions - changing nappies in special schools through to helping a kid with a reading program or wheeling a child in a wheel chair. Generally all you have to be is human without a nasty police record although there is increasing pressure but no financial incentive for STAs to have some qualifications. They would never be in a position of taking a class or having duty of care for a kid out of reasonable teacher supervision.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

thanks for your reply...i think i need to found out more info

ive had a police check here a CRB and that lasts for 3yrs before renewal...would i beable to use that,,or do OZ have they own sort of CRB to work with children?if you know what i mean???