Reload this Page >

Supervised Electrician in Melbourne

Supervised Electrician in Melbourne

Old Jun 13th 2015, 6:35 am
Just Joined

cootsy88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supervised Electrician in Melbourne

hey buddys,

im a supervised electrician here in aus. with 9 months left on my second year visa. ill maybe do the engish test and see if i can stay here for longer but i heard thats a long hall process..

im away to maybe start the Gap training at the Meadows college up next to the airport, seems pretty far away since im staying in caulfield north. Does any one know if any of the other TAFE colleges sit the same course?
and if that course is night classes?

and since i only have 9 months left on my visa i probably wont have much time to even do the "year" log book even tho i think its 1100 hours, casual work.

The other thing is, companies here hate anything other than A - Grade. i have seen some rough A grades in my time in australia.

does anyone also know anything state sponsership or anything that could help me stay longer.

Cheers for your help people

Last edited by cootsy88; Jun 13th 2015 at 7:53 am.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 6:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supervised Electrician in Melbourne

Originally Posted by cootsy88
hey buddys,

im a supervised electrician here in aus. with 9 months left on my second year visa. ill maybe do the engish test and see if i can stay here for longer but i heard thats a long hall process..

im away to maybe start the Gap training at the Meadows college up next to the airport, seems pretty far away since im staying in caulfield north. Does any one know if any of the other TAFE colleges sit the same course?
and if that course is night classes?

and since i only have 9 months left on my visa i probably wont have much time to even do the "year" log book even tho i think its 1100 hours, casual work.

The other thing is, companies here hate anything other than A - Grade. i have seen some rough A grades in my time in australia.

does anyone also know anything state sponsership or anything that could help me stay longer.

Cheers for your help people
If you have your OTSR, you can apply for skilled migration if you have enough points. If you are from the UK, you may not need to take the English test.

You could try looking for employer sponsorship - Skill Shortage Solutions had positions in Sydney with possible sponsorship.

You do not need to hold an A grade for PR
Old Jun 13th 2015, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I have done my otsr. I think I'm only in 50 points which is a nightmare. So I need another 10 points. I think the only way I can do that would be getting that would be doing the english test.

I would like the a grade to come to Melbourne to work. Even if I had to move to Sydney. Yeah thanks I'll sign up, cheers
Old Jun 13th 2015, 7:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I have done my otsr. I think I'm only in 50 points which is a nightmare. So I need another 10 points. I think the only way I can do that would be getting that would be doing the english test.

I would like the a grade to come to Melbourne to work. Even if I had to move to Sydney. Yeah thanks I'll sign up, cheers
The English test is definitely one way of getting the extra points. Other ways would be to look at regional sponsored 489
Old Jun 13th 2015, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Okay thanks mate!

You know how I would look to doing that or would I have to get a visa consultant.

Everything costs $$$ in this place
Old Jun 13th 2015, 7:46 am

Okay thanks mate!

You know how I would look to doing that or would I have to get a visa consultant.

Everything costs $$$ in this place
Have a look at the different states offering sponsorship, and the regions covered for the 489 (eg - don't think you can live and work in Melbourne, Sydney, etc)

The 489 would only be an option if you can't get a good enough score on the English really as the 189 or 190 would be better options, but all of SA is classed as regional - and possibly NT too

Google it for the areas - they're on the DIBP website somewhere but I don't have a link