Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Supermarket info

Supermarket info

Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Supermarket info

A mate of mine is a director for Tescos and was sent out on a reccie visit last year to NSW suss out the competition. He didn't tell us why but I have found out that Tescos are looking to open up a pilot store in Sydney. Needless to say he wants to apply for a transfer if it opens!!

At least we have some hope of the supermarkets changing out there! I might even be able to get my PG Tips
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:24 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Supermarket info

Originally posted by tinaj
A mate of mine is a director for Tescos and was sent out on a reccie visit last year to NSW suss out the competition. He didn't tell us why but I have found out that Tescos are looking to open up a pilot store in Sydney. Needless to say he wants to apply for a transfer if it opens!!

At least we have some hope of the supermarkets changing out there! I might even be able to get my PG Tips
I think the supermarkets have improved tremendously. When I first went there in '91 they were truly crap. On my last visit in 2001 I felt they were almost as good as here. Still can't get decent mint sauce tho.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Dont kow about Oz supermarkets yet, but I am not keen on the ones in NZ. I prefer to shop at smaller shops here, they actually work out cheape!!

I would love to have a Tescos in Adelaide
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:36 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I might even be able to get my PG Tips
Gotcha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:52 am
WBB

Originally posted by chippy
I think the supermarkets have improved tremendously. When I first went there in '91 they were truly crap. On my last visit in 2001 I felt they were almost as good as here. Still can't get decent mint sauce tho.
i must agree, the mint sause over there is not a patch on ours.

funny how we all notice the little things.

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:57 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

A Tesco's director recently joined the board of coles myers. Word on the street was UK is the place for state of the art food retailing. Leaves every other country standing.

Funny thing was when Brit was appointed to Coles Myers, the same store that constantly has empty shelves, horrible fruit and veg and a lets say a rather backward attitude to customer service, some of the locals complained because he did'nt have any local experience.

I personally thought that was his biggest advantage but then I'm pleased to say i'm not an aussie.

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Perth would be nice too.

Whisky
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

have spent a considerable time over there and supermarkets are not that bad, just different, looking forward to a bit of different!!!