British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Superannuation in contract (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/superannuation-contract-742061/)

Tingle Dec 16th 2011 7:25 am

Superannuation in contract

Hi all......you guys seem to know what's what!

Tingle has a question for you regarding his employment.

In his draft contract it says; The company operates a total compensation approach to the remuneration of employees, where an employee's total compensation cost includes the cost of the salary plus the cost of any benefits, such as superannuation, to the employee.

Does this statement imply to you that the superannuation is paid on top of the salary, or as part of the salary?

All donations gratefully recieved :)

phat-dave Dec 16th 2011 7:48 am

Re: Superannuation in contract

phat-dave isn't sure why tingle refers to himself in third person....

but my understanding of that is they consider your employment as a total cost or in your terms as part of the salary.

ie: they agree to pay you 120,000 TEC

$110,091 salary
$9,909 superannuation

Tingle Dec 16th 2011 8:00 am

Originally Posted by phat-dave (Post 9791870)
phat-dave isn't sure why tingle refers to himself in third person....

but my understanding of that is they consider your employment as a total cost or in your terms as part of the salary.

ie: they agree to pay you 120,000 TEC

$110,091 salary
$9,909 superannuation

Tingle thanks phat dave for his reply

Bix Dec 16th 2011 8:07 am

Bix agrees with Phat-Dave as it sounds like fancy wording to say it's all included.

Bix did prefer Phat-Bass though as he is a fan of the Warp Bros..... doof doof doof.

Tingle Dec 16th 2011 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 9791891)
Bix agrees with Phat-Dave as it sounds like fancy wording to say it's all included.

Bix did prefer Phat-Bass though as he is a fan of the Warp Bros..... doof doof doof.

Wee Ta Bix,

But please can someone say the complete opposite to make the job sound better :nod:

Bix Dec 16th 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Tingle (Post 9792093)
Wee Ta Bix,

But please can someone say the complete opposite to make the job sound better :nod:

They could.......but they would be lying. :D

Bermudashorts Dec 16th 2011 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Tingle (Post 9792093)
Wee Ta Bix,

Seems pretty clear to me that super and benefits are included in whatever salary figure is quoted not on top of. My organisation refers to total compensation as well.

thepenguins Dec 17th 2011 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tingle (Post 9791850)
Hi all......you guys seem to know what's what!

Tingle has a question for you regarding his employment.

In his draft contract it says; The company operates a total compensation approach to the remuneration of employees, where an employee's total compensation cost includes the cost of the salary plus the cost of any benefits, such as superannuation, to the employee.

Does this statement imply to you that the superannuation is paid on top of the salary, or as part of the salary?

All donations gratefully recieved :)

I would say that its part of as well. However if your contract is not clear with the figures in it, I would ask the organisation to clarify the breakdown for you so you know exactly what you will be getting.
Don't worry in asking as its a reasonable question to ask if its not clear.

NKSK version 2 Dec 17th 2011 11:26 pm

I always think that total packages constitute a bit of hoodwinking.

What employees want to know is, what is my salary? All employers have to pay superannuation anyhow.

Alfresco Dec 18th 2011 3:13 am

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2 (Post 9794423)
I always think that total packages constitute a bit of hoodwinking.

What employees want to know is, what is my salary? All employers have to pay superannuation anyhow.

Yep, it's just to make the salary look bigger.