Superannuation

Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Default Superannuation

Does anyone who is already in Australia know any good superannuation funds, apparently there are hundreds to chose from, sorry for such a vague question !!

Thanks
Ross
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Superannuation

Originally Posted by rossfive5
Does anyone who is already in Australia know any good superannuation funds, apparently there are hundreds to chose from, sorry for such a vague question !!

Thanks
Ross
My employer puts mine in southern cross, and to be honest i don't know anything more about them.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

Thanks, I was wondering if it was dependant on your employer or totally up to the employee,I will just go with the flow and see what happens!!

Cheers
Ross
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Thanks, I was wondering if it was dependant on your employer or totally up to the employee,I will just go with the flow and see what happens!!

Cheers
Ross
I believe companies have a default fund which they will use for you if you do not specify your own. ING and Virgin are two new (& progressive) entrants to the Oz pension market.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

I was recommended IOOF by my agency. I am an IT contractor and the IOOF fund seems to be the fund of choice for most of the people I work with because it has been a solid performer over time, it's a choice you will need to research and decide on your priorities.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I am an IT Contractor too, I will give it some thought, I appreciate the comments

Cheers
Ross
Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:58 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I am an IT Contractor too, I will give it some thought, I appreciate the comments

Cheers
Ross
There is one called RecruitmentSuper that I am in for contractors. It seems good as far as I can tell.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:28 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Ross

Now that you can choose your own super fund we have all our super going into a managed fund along with the pensions which we transferred from the UK. We used the Austasia Group to help with all our pension transfers and all related advice. They are an independant firm of financial advisors and very helpful. You can contact Simon at [email protected] for further info.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:44 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sharon_gareth
Now that you can choose your own super fund we have all our super going into a managed fund along with the pensions which we transferred from the UK. We used the Austasia Group to help with all our pension transfers and all related advice. They are an independant firm of financial advisors and very helpful. You can contact Simon at [email protected] for further info.
Probably not a good idea to put someone's email address on show for one and all. Don't know about you , but I don't like spam.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:05 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Ross
I think you can choose your own - it is your right. But the employer often will have a receommended one
If you have $100,000 + (from pension transfer, savings or whatever), you can set your own one up and invest how you see fit - via a broker. Known as DIY Superannuation.

Andrew
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:15 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andrew63
I think you can choose your own - it is your right. But the employer often will have a receommended one
If you have $100,000 + (from pension transfer, savings or whatever), you can set your own one up and invest how you see fit - via a broker. Known as DIY Superannuation.

Andrew
If you can shed some light on this. I dont have $100,000 but no harm in learning whats the funda.
I am in IT (contrator ), mine is AXA... like IOOF its crap they say
- Bart