Super 14?

Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice
Default Super 14?

I've come from NZ to Aus. Most weekends on TV3 in NZ was a delayed telecast of a Super 14 match featuring a NZ team. Showed they had an interest in their teams. Come to Aus, nothing. Have to buy Austar and pay through the nose for the Sports channel if I want to see it. (Don't want Austar. Didn't even get to see Wales beat England at Twickenham)

Is there no interest in it because of league and AFL? Or is there no national pride in union?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:24 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Super 14?

Originally Posted by Billy_NoMates
I've come from NZ to Aus. Most weekends on TV3 in NZ was a delayed telecast of a Super 14 match featuring a NZ team. Showed they had an interest in their teams. Come to Aus, nothing. Have to buy Austar and pay through the nose for the Sports channel if I want to see it. (Don't want Austar. Didn't even get to see Wales beat England at Twickenham)

Is there no interest in it because of league and AFL? Or is there no national pride in union?
It is way down the list after AFL, NRL, cricket and probably even soccer here, although it porobably beats soccer and NRL in WA because of all the poms, kiwis and safas living here. Basically it is a business decision - the ARU got more $ from Fox than they would have from the terrestrial networks and not being a "major" there is no protection that it should be on free to view.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Thats the game for doctors and dentists, real men like big WILLY go the roosters play league
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Even though it's the finest sport invented by man, Union is not that big in Australia. They would rather support AFL and the braindead, nancy boy excuse of a sport called league. Saying that, The Western Force here in Perth is very well supported. They often get 25k+ people in for home games - it is due to the huge amounts of Saffas/Kiwis/Poms living here though. Also the Wallabies are playing the mighty, World Champion Springboks in Perth during July and I reckon it will be sold out. One of the best things about Perth is that there is no NRL here, it never gets a mention and is hardly ever on TV - one of the truly great advantages of living here.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice

In NZ Sky have the rights to Super 14 but TV3 show coverage straight after.

I just thought the aussies would show more interest/passion in their teams no matter what they play (or occupation ).

Oh well better find someone with Foxtel.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:14 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I just thought the aussies would show more interest/passion in their teams no matter what they play (or occupation ).
We do, we go to the games instead

and if you watch TV (for anything) you'll soon realise you'll need Foxtel to survive it so you'll get the sport channels.
Most people dont have any issue in stumping up the $ for foxtel.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
We do, we go to the games instead

and if you watch TV (for anything) you'll soon realise you'll need Foxtel to survive it so you'll get the sport channels.
Most people dont have any issue in stumping up the $ for foxtel.
It is not the dollars, it is the adverts every minute that put me off watching the terrestrial channels.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Even though it's the finest sport invented by man, Union is not that big in Australia. They would rather support AFL and the braindead, nancy boy excuse of a sport called league. Saying that, The Western Force here in Perth is very well supported. They often get 25k+ people in for home games - it is due to the huge amounts of Saffas/Kiwis/Poms living here though. Also the Wallabies are playing the mighty, World Champion Springboks in Perth during July and I reckon it will be sold out. One of the best things about Perth is that there is no NRL here, it never gets a mention and is hardly ever on TV - one of the truly great advantages of living here.
Fantastic club WF, quokka soccer and all, oh another dismissed player yesterday
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedons
Fantastic club WF, quokka soccer and all, oh another dismissed player yesterday
Yeah, they've got issues! They are my 2nd team. I support them because I live here and I can go and watch quality rugby. My main team is the current champions, the mighty Bulls.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Super 14?

Yeah, they've got issues! They are my 2nd team. I support them because I live here and I can go and watch quality rugby. My main team is the current champions, the mighty Bulls.
Thats a pity 'cause the Bulls just got a spanking from the Crusaders!

Bruce
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see SA teams at the top of the S14 after years in the wilderness.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:55 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Good to see SA teams at the top of the S14 after years in the wilderness.
Your ladder must be upside down their occupying 3 of the bottom 4 positions