gold coast
29.79%
sunshine coast
70.21%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

sunshine vs gold

Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:53 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default sunshine vs gold

hi all

we went last year on our reccie and ever since we are torn

we would like some opinions plz

who prefers sunshine coast and who prefers gold coast???

thanks in advance

jan xx
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: sunshine vs gold

We preferred the sunshine coast, thats where we are heading. The GC has lots to offer but we felt the SC was the place for us to settle.

i am 28 and my OH is 29 and i have read that some people think its not ideal for younger people (e.g. layed back, not much going on), but i spent some time there whilst on a 12 month working visa and i loved it, we cant wait to go back.

We liked them both, but i think you get a feeling for a place. Go with your instinct

minibelle
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:52 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

GC for a holiday SC to live. Definitely.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

GC to live, Sunny to visit without a doubt
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
totally agree!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by doub
totally agree!
Oh no! I've just changed my mind - can I live on the Gold Coast please? Just realised how much I love the place ......
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:08 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Its the Gold Coast for us,as we're here and havent been up to S.C yet.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:40 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

The Gold coast has some nice areas away from surfers.
Gold coast would also have more access to shops.

Originally Posted by renth
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:54 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
hi all

we went last year on our reccie and ever since we are torn

we would like some opinions plz

who prefers sunshine coast and who prefers gold coast???

thanks in advance

jan xx
We spent 5 days at Surfers last week and the novelty of the place has definitely worn off as far as I am concerned. It's full of "Hoons", "Emos" and low-lifes. The beach is amazing but the central district is a dive.

Give me Noosa anyday....
Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:56 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
We spent 5 days at Surfers last week and the novelty of the place has definitely worn off as far as I am concerned. It's full of "Hoons", "Emos" and low-lifes. The beach is amazing but the central district is a dive.

Give me Noosa anyday....
Hear, hear!

Loved Noosa. I was put off Surfers a bit by all the people totally out of their heads on drugs. Like the three guys we watched from our friend's balcony stopping the traffic on the main road and randomly pulling people from their vehicles to beat up, including a bus driver - I suspect methamphetamines were involved.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Give me Noosa anyday....
there is a lot more to the Gold Coast than Surfers Paradise.
you could happily live on the GC and never go to Surfers.
Personally, I prefer Broadbeach, Coolengatta, Sanctuary Cove, Southport, The Spit, Burleigh Heads, Kirra, Lamington National Park
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:33 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doub
there is a lot more to the Gold Coast than Surfers Paradise.
you could happily live on the GC and never go to Surfers.
Personally, I prefer Broadbeach, Coolengatta, Sanctuary Cove, Southport, The Spit, Burleigh Heads, Kirra, Lamington National Park
It's the sodom and gomorrah of the Southern Hemisphere.....

Walking in the central shopping district at night reminded me of the scene in Monty Python's "Life Of Brian", where the preachers are all preaching from the walls in the square....
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

It's the sodom and gomorrah of the Southern Hemisphere.....

Walking in the central shopping district at night reminded me of the scene in Monty Python's "Life Of Brian", where the preachers are all preaching from the walls in the square....

should suit you just fine then as you are a 'Phallic Member'
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

But relatively speaking Surfers is such damn small part of the GC. It's like saying you wouldn't live in Hertfordshire because Stevenage is a dump - not the best analogy but you get my drift.

I've been here 18 months and probably been in Surfers 3 times. I don't see druggies, or drunks falling out of clubs and we don't have hoons but I live on the GC and it's stunning.

edit: on the other hand, everyone continue to think the place is dump. Happy to keep it the way it is - not so many people

Last edited by moneypenny20; Apr 30th 2007 at 7:24 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:22 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all your opinions

keep em coming the poll is looking very interesting

thanks

jan xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.