Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coasties...Anyone out there?

Sunshine Coasties...Anyone out there?

Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Shaz n Paul will become famous soon enough
Default Sunshine Coasties...Anyone out there?

Hi,

My OH and I just got to Australia about 8 weeks ago, we've just found a place in Peregian Beach and lovin the lifestyle, problem is we don't know anyone whatsoever, have no family over here and are starting to miss having friends as company

I'm 26, have a passion for motocross (though don't have a bike yet am savin up) like fishin but no rods ha ha, pretty useless really but like I said just got here. Came over with 1 backpack each so have had to strart fresh with everythin.

Oh yeh and I'm a motor mechanic

So is there anyone out there that meets up or would like to meet up for a drink, or anyone coming over that needs some advice etc etc

Paul
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:25 am
Just Joined

sarahgav is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sunshine Coasties...Anyone out there?

Hi Paul

Me (Sarah) and my fiance gavin have only been here for 4 months, we have emigrated from wales. And we are both loving the lifestyle, but I miss home alot. We are renting in redcliffe at the moment and we love the beach so its cool. How are you getting on? Where have you emigrated from?

Let us know it would be good to keep in touch.

sarahgav
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Sunshine Coasties...Anyone out there?

Originally Posted by sarahgav
Hi Paul

Me (Sarah) and my fiance gavin have only been here for 4 months, we have emigrated from wales. And we are both loving the lifestyle, but I miss home alot. We are renting in redcliffe at the moment and we love the beach so its cool. How are you getting on? Where have you emigrated from?

Let us know it would be good to keep in touch.

sarahgav
Hi Guys,

Believe it or not, we also came from Wales - Old Colwyn in North Wales so the lifestyle's different but we love it here. Where about's are you from?

Have you made any friends yet, have noticed that the Ozzies all seem to stick together even though they're friendly so don't really know where to look to meet people.

Apart from that though, all's brill

Paul
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

Hey guys. pop into Coolum dump in the next 4 days, I work on the weighbridge there. You'll know me, I'm the one with a little bit of a Welsh accent that the Aussies look stupid at when i talk to them.
Not too far from Peregian Beach actually on the Coolum -Yandina Road.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shaz n Paul
Hi,

My OH and I just got to Australia about 8 weeks ago, we've just found a place in Peregian Beach and lovin the lifestyle, problem is we don't know anyone whatsoever, have no family over here and are starting to miss having friends as company

I'm 26, have a passion for motocross (though don't have a bike yet am savin up) like fishin but no rods ha ha, pretty useless really but like I said just got here. Came over with 1 backpack each so have had to strart fresh with everythin.

Oh yeh and I'm a motor mechanic

So is there anyone out there that meets up or would like to meet up for a drink, or anyone coming over that needs some advice etc etc

Paul

hello - look us up if you're going to the Eumundi markets. I moved to oz a year ago, my OH has been out on and off for 7 yrs. He works in Noosaville and currently has a 50 yr old Matchless in pieces in the garage, if you're into bikes (he's obsessed). We aren't Welsh though - does it matter???

Only thing is, I'm back in blighty til 9th Feb so if you look us up before then there'll just be a confused looking English bloke with a broken bike to say hello.

Becky
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:28 am
Just Joined

lucy and rich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,

We both recently moved out here (7 months ago) and are now living in Coolum Beach. Like yourselves we know absolutely no one! Lucy is 28 and I'm 27 and we both now work on the Sunshine Coast.
We're enjoying the lifestyle - bodyboarding, camping, fishing (we have rods but haven't caught anything yet!), beer and barbeques, but need to meet some friends to hang out with!

Hows about we set up a meet some time in Feb?

Rich
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

ARGY is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sunshine Coasties...Anyone out there?

Hi there

We moved to the sunshine coast 7 months ago and absolutly love it, we have made friends both english and australian mainly due to having a little boy(2yr) and going to playgroups etc, we are always up for meeting more people as we have no family over here either, Im Holly im 27 and a beautician but not working at the mo and hubby John is also a mechanic 29 and iss also obsessed with bikes, he does Trials but not since we've been out here, we are renting in buderim at the mo, would be good to all meet up!xx
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:30 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=lucy and rich;5822667]Hello there,

We both recently moved out here (7 months ago) and are now living in Coolum Beach. Like yourselves we know absolutely no one! Lucy is 28 and I'm 27 and we both now work on the Sunshine Coast.
We're enjoying the lifestyle - bodyboarding, camping, fishing (we have rods but haven't caught anything yet!), beer and barbeques, but need to meet some friends to hang out with!

Hows about we set up a meet some time in Feb?

Yes this would be great, you pick a weekend in feb and also let us know where you would like to meet up? As gav and I have been to coolum beach but no where else in that area, so you will have to give us directions,Is this okay?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ARGY
Hi there

We moved to the sunshine coast 7 months ago and absolutly love it, we have made friends both english and australian mainly due to having a little boy(2yr) and going to playgroups etc, we are always up for meeting more people as we have no family over here either, Im Holly im 27 and a beautician but not working at the mo and hubby John is also a mechanic 29 and iss also obsessed with bikes, he does Trials but not since we've been out here, we are renting in buderim at the mo, would be good to all meet up!xx
Hi all you welsh people, its sarah and gav here, how is everyone. It would be good to have a welsh meet up, unfortunately gav and I are in redcliffe renting at the moment. I am working but wanting to give my notice in for definite tomorrow as finding it really difficult to concentrate with feeling so home sick. Gav had a carpentry job but was laid off second job too. So he is looking around for another post at the moment. Do any of you know a good and reputable carpentry/kitchen fitting company to work for in your areas? I am in HR feel that I want a whole new change of career, maybe go into beauty or art as I am a creative person. To be honest I don't really know what to do at the moment!! So if any of you want to meet up let us know it would be great to share our experiences. Speak soon cheers sarah and gav.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Hiya everyone, hope you are all okay.

It would be great to meet up in Feb somewhere in redcliffe or sunshine coast.

Me and gav are based in redcliffe at the moment but are happy to travel up to sunshine coast if that is where most of you are living.

I am feeling rather home sick and I have decided to hand in my notice tomorrow as not feeling comfortable with the work and I am very emotional, feeling that I am never going to settle there. Gav is looking for a carpentry job, does anyone know of a good reputable carpentry/kitchen fitting company in your areas? If so let me know, I would be very grateful.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in meeting up let me know cheers sarah and gav
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Well we're still pretty unsure of the area so anyone with any ideas where to meet up?
2nd weekend in Feb could be good (hate to admit though any other of the weeks would also be fine...no social life!)

Has anyone met with anyone before?

Paul and Shaz
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shaz n Paul
Well we're still pretty unsure of the area so anyone with any ideas where to meet up?
2nd weekend in Feb could be good (hate to admit though any other of the weeks would also be fine...no social life!)

Has anyone met with anyone before?

Paul and Shaz
Hi shaz and paul, I know gav and I haven't met up with anyone yet? It would be good if more people are interested hey!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

We'd be up for it but I don't get back until the 9th. Although there may be some comedy value in watching me fall asleep in my alcopop.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:14 am
Just Joined

lucy and rich is an unknown quantity at this point

Weeeell, how about we all meet up in Coolum Beach on Sat 16th Feb in the afternoon? Perhaps meet in Tickle Park by the beach and have a bit of a barbie and a few beers?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lucy and rich
Weeeell, how about we all meet up in Coolum Beach on Sat 16th Feb in the afternoon? Perhaps meet in Tickle Park by the beach and have a bit of a barbie and a few beers?
Sounds like fun, we'll be there...anyone else coming?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.