Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:56 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Can anyone please give me the low down on the following places:-

Buderim / Sippy Downs / Albany Creek / Mountain Creek / Cashmere and Burpengary.

Also low down on housing, shops how close to beaches etc - not worried about schools as we have no school aged children.

Thanks

Caz
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Originally Posted by CazBeckham

Buderim / Sippy Downs / Albany Creek / Mountain Creek / Cashmere and Burpengary.

Also low down on housing, shops how close to beaches etc - not worried about schools as we have no school aged children.

Thanks

Caz
There are threads on all of them if you do a search while you wait for people to post their opinions though - Albany Creek and Cashmere are not SunshineCoast by any stretch of the imagination, more northern fringes of Brisbane Burpengary is pushing it a bit too, not that far north of the others, and none of those three have anything resembling a beach
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:15 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take the car if you're going to the Cashmere beach,bit of a trek
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:30 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Ok

Thanks for the low downs.

What we are looking for is something on the Sunshine Coast prob no more than an hour and a half away north of Brissie as Daughter lives in Brissie, that would be within cycling distance to a beach - bearing in mind I have little legs and don't cycle that fast so prob no more than a 15-20 mins cycle.

Place would ideally have new build houses and close to shops, post office (that is very important as I have internet photography business and am down the post office on a regular daily basis with orders for our tutorials).

Many thanks

Caz
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ok

What we are looking for is something on the Sunshine Coast prob no more than an hour and a half away north of Brissie as Daughter lives in Brissie, that would be within cycling distance to a beach - bearing in mind I have little legs and don't cycle that fast so prob no more than a 15-20 mins cycle.

Place would ideally have new build houses and close to shops, post office (that is very important as I have internet photography business and am down the post office on a regular daily basis with orders for our tutorials).

Many thanks

Caz
Quite a lot of people up the Sunshine Coast way who could give you bits of info, but in the meantime do a search on " sunshine coast" and you should get a fair bit.
I'm in Aspley, next door to Albany Creek and Cashemer, and we don't really fit the criteria I'm afraid
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Ok

Many thanks

Caz
None of your earlier mentioned suburbs are 15 min bike ride from the coast. You would have to look at places like Caloundra which takes in Golden Beach, Kings Beach, Moffat Beach and Shelly Beach. There is plenty of new build going on up in this area, Little mountain, Belvista, Kawana and Pelican Waters. Out of these and remembering I am slightly Biased is Pelican Waters, 10-15 min ride from Beaches, shops and post office nice and flat so easy on the little legs.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

mistyxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Caz
Hello My friends live in Buderim they love it try google earth maps to give you a good idea on distances and i have included a link to the local website
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...ate1=saveplace
its not far from mooloolaba beach about 15 minutes

http://www.buderim.com/

hope that helps Misty
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:23 pm
Dan&Bex

danbex85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Caz

Ok here goes-

Buderim -
*I lived here for about 8 months when we first arrived
*Really nice town with a nice atmosphere.
*Quite a prestigious area
*Houses can be fairly expensive but start at around 400k - 500k for a nice 4 bed house with double garage
*It is on a hill so catches the breeze which is sooooooo nice in summer
*About an 8 minute drive to Mooloolaba Beach
*On the way to the beach it is a downhill cycle ride that would prob take about 20 mins (ish)
*There are a reasonable amount of shops and restaurants/cafe's/takeaways/bottle shops etc but the main shopping for clothes etc would be in places such as Maroochydore (has a huge shopping centre and is about 10 mins drive from Buderim)

Sippy Downs -
*I work in Sippy Downs
*More of a housing suburb than a town although it is currently undergoing massive growth and a new town centre is being built in 2008
*Lots of new houses being built
*House prices vary but you can get a nice 4 bed house with double garage for about 400k - 450k
*Get more house for you money in Sippy Downs than you would in Buderim
*About 10 - 15 mins drive to the beach
*Not a great cycle to get to the beach but it could be done although I'm not sure which way you would go
*Only a few shops at the moment but it is all going to change next year but there is currently : supermarket, Gym, Bar, Butchers, Bakers, Candlestick makers (ok that's a lie), 'huge' electrical store, and lots of other small shops
*Sippy Downs is a nice area and I love it. Although it isn't directly on the beach there is still loads of lakes that have been built for your enjoyment.
*There is a university

Albany Creek -
*I have never lived there but I do have family in Albany Creek
*A lot closer to the city that the areas on the sunny coast
*Miles away from the beach
*If you work in the city and need to commute then it's great but if you are after the lifestyle then don't move there
*Has a nice feel about it
*My rellys think it's ok but they dont want to live in Albany Creek as they want to move to the sunshine coast and live the Ozzie lifestyle. You could live in albany creek or you could live in any outer city areas in the uk and there isn't a huge amount of difference

-***- Sorry to the people who live in Albany Creek. I am not saying It's not a nice place but I'm just saying that the other options that they are looking at are better -***-

Mountain Creek -
*Wahoo we are back on the sunny coast again
*Nice area but again it is more of a housing suburb than a town
*House prices vary but you can get a nice 4 bed house with double garage for about 400k - 450k
*Get more house for you money in Mountain Creek than you would in Buderim but probably a bit less than Sippy Downs
*About 5 - 10 min Drive to the beach
*Not sure how long to ride to the beach but it wouldn't be too long

Cahmere - Never heard of it

Burpengary -
*Dont know that much about this area although I did work very nearby
*Close to the City
*Close to the beach although the beaches are VERY sheltered and not amazing but still it's a beach which is better than nothing
*Has had a bad reputation in the past for being a bit rough as did nearby areas such as Redcliffe and Deception Bay but the bad image is now starting to be forgotten
*Sorry thats about all that I know about this area

Ok, so thats about the lot! I hope that you found the above info useful as it took me a while to think about each area. The above areas are a good start but also look at other areas that are nearby.
On the sunshine coast there area lots of other areas available depending on your budget such as: Maroochydore, Cotton Tree, Mooloolaba, Alexandra headlands, Kawana Waters, Warana, Buddina, Bokarina, Wurtulla, Parrearra - often known as Kawana Island, Currimundi, Caloundra, Golden Beach, Dicky Beach, Moffat Beach, Mudjimba, Marcoola, Coolum, Pacific Paradise.
The above are other nice areas that are on the sunshine coast that are pretty much areas that are on the beach and within 20 mins of Mooloolaba.
I really, really, really suggest that you get a map. A really good local map that is free and posts internationally is www.maroochydoremooloolaba.com.au
On this website you can order a free map of the area and they will post it to you. They are very useful and have other bit of info on them as well.

Good luck with the move and I hope all goes well for you

Dan
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:05 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by danbex85
Cashmere - Never heard of it
Borders onto Albany Creek
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:26 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Ok here goes-

Buderim -

*On the way to the beach it is a downhill cycle ride that would prob take about 20 mins (ish)
.... and about 1 and a half hours back up again?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:42 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Great information Dan we are moving to Buderim so im glad to here so much about it
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Quite a lot of people up the Sunshine Coast way who could give you bits of info, but in the meantime do a search on " sunshine coast" and you should get a fair bit.
I'm in Aspley, next door to Albany Creek and Cashemer, and we don't really fit the criteria I'm afraid
Aspley is on our list of possibles.............Good for families?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:46 pm
Dan&Bex

danbex85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baby75
Great information Dan we are moving to Buderim so im glad to here so much about it

No problem, I hope that your move to Buderim goes well!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:40 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

No problem, I hope that your move to Buderim goes well!
Thanks & Happy Christmas
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:15 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Ok here goes-

Buderim -
*I lived here for about 8 months when we first arrived
*Really nice town with a nice atmosphere.
*Quite a prestigious area
*Houses can be fairly expensive but start at around 400k - 500k for a nice 4 bed house with double garage
*It is on a hill so catches the breeze which is sooooooo nice in summer
*About an 8 minute drive to Mooloolaba Beach
*There are a reasonable amount of shops and restaurants/cafe's/takeaways/bottle shops etc but the main shopping for clothes etc would be in places such as Maroochydore (has a huge shopping centre and is about 10 mins drive from Buderim)

Sippy Downs -
*I work in Sippy Downs
*More of a housing suburb than a town although it is currently undergoing massive growth and a new town centre is being built in 2008
*Lots of new houses being built
*Get more house for you money in Sippy Downs than you would in Buderim
*About 10 - 15 mins drive to the beach
*Not a great cycle to get to the beach but it could be done although I'm not sure which way you would go
*Only a few shops at the moment but it is all going to change next year but there is currently : supermarket, Gym, Bar, Butchers, Bakers, Candlestick makers (ok that's a lie), 'huge' electrical store, and lots of other small shops
*Sippy Downs is a nice area and I love it. Although it isn't directly on the beach there is still loads of lakes that have been built for your enjoyment.
*There is a university

Albany Creek -
*I have never lived there but I do have family in Albany Creek
*A lot closer to the city that the areas on the sunny coast
*Miles away from the beach
*If you work in the city and need to commute then it's great but if you are after the lifestyle then don't move there
*Has a nice feel about it
*My rellys think it's ok but they dont want to live in Albany Creek as they want to move to the sunshine coast and live the Ozzie lifestyle. You could live in albany creek or you could live in any outer city areas in the uk and there isn't a huge amount of difference

-***- Sorry to the people who live in Albany Creek. I am not saying It's not a nice place but I'm just saying that the other options that they are looking at are better -***-

Mountain Creek -
*Wahoo we are back on the sunny coast again
*Nice area but again it is more of a housing suburb than a town
*Get more house for you money in Mountain Creek than you would in Buderim but probably a bit less than Sippy Downs
*About 5 - 10 min Drive to the beach
*Not sure how long to ride to the beach but it wouldn't be too long

Cahmere - Never heard of it

Burpengary -
*Dont know that much about this area although I did work very nearby
*Close to the City
*Close to the beach although the beaches are VERY sheltered and not amazing but still it's a beach which is better than nothing
*Has had a bad reputation in the past for being a bit rough as did nearby areas such as Redcliffe and Deception Bay but the bad image is now starting to be forgotten
*Sorry thats about all that I know about this area

Ok, so thats about the lot! I hope that you found the above info useful as it took me a while to think about each area. The above areas are a good start but also look at other areas that are nearby.
On the sunshine coast there area lots of other areas available depending on your budget such as: Maroochydore, Cotton Tree, Mooloolaba, Alexandra headlands, Kawana Waters, Warana, Buddina, Bokarina, Wurtulla, Parrearra - often known as Kawana Island, Currimundi, Caloundra, Golden Beach, Dicky Beach, Moffat Beach, Mudjimba, Marcoola, Coolum, Pacific Paradise.
The above are other nice areas that are on the sunshine coast that are pretty much areas that are on the beach and within 20 mins of Mooloolaba.
I really, really, really suggest that you get a map. A really good local map that is free and posts internationally is www.maroochydoremooloolaba.com.au
On this website you can order a free map of the area and they will post it to you. They are very useful and have other bit of info on them as well.

Good luck with the move and I hope all goes well for you

Dan
thanks for all this info dan, really nice of you mate
all very useful for us
bec