Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Can all the lovely people already on Sunshine Coast or those considering it give me the lowdown on suburbs please?

Got any useful links??
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sunshine Coast Suburbs

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Can all the lovely people already on Sunshine Coast or those considering it give me the lowdown on suburbs please?

Got any useful links??
BUMP

Well that went down like a lead balloon. Don't ever go into politics m8

Come on good folks.....I'm sure there's someone that can help from that neck of the woods?
Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
BUMP

Well that went down like a lead balloon. Don't ever go into politics m8

Come on good folks.....I'm sure there's someone that can help from that neck of the woods?
you should hear me try to tell a joke mate
Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Got any useful links??
Maybe you should be more specific.

the Sunshine coast covers a big area and several towns.

G
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:12 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Got any useful links??

I asked the same question for Brisbane over on the 'other side' and ABCD gave me a wonderful list almost as long as my arm!!!!!! plus PR gave up some knowledge (pretty impressive considering she had 3 bottles of wine LOL )

Try there Jacs

they might help
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alan and sam
I asked the same question for Brisbane over on the 'other side' and ABCD gave me a wonderful list almost as long as my arm!!!!!! plus PR gave up some knowledge (pretty impressive considering she had 3 bottles of wine LOL )

Try there Jacs

they might help

thanks matey
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:14 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

thanks matey

No problem, seeing as we are looking at the same sort of area, i have a slight ulterior motive!! LOL
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

No problem, seeing as we are looking at the same sort of area, i have a slight ulterior motive!! LOL

i feel used and abused!!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:50 pm
Sam
here and staying

i feel used and abused!!

Your feeling just normal then?
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Your feeling just normal then?

ive never felt normal mate!!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

How far up the coast from Brissie are you willing to go.

Remember the further up you go the nearer to BIX you will be :scared: !!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by manxfamily
How far up the coast from Brissie are you willing to go.

Remember the further up you go the nearer to BIX you will be :scared: !!

well i am bixie's number one stalker mate!! ive just spotted your other thread .... !!!!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:24 pm
Banned

morrelllinda is on a distinguished road

Hello there Have you found what you need to know about the suburbs around the Sunshine Coast? I am pretty well versed on them now and know what the areas are like, so if I can help in any way let me know.

I am Linda and emigrated here 2003 my husband and I are living on Mount Ninderry overlooking Mount Coolum. We came from Runswick Bay in the UK where I used to run a very successful B&B. Life on the sunshine coast is paradise. Bit rainy today but generally every day is sunny.

I have some friends who recently emigrated to Melbourne and they told me they had great difficulty in the transitition period from arriving and getting there new life up and running. I helped where I could but not being to familiar with Victoria and not living down there they struggled on there own with a few issues.

It was suggested to me to register on the Expat register and see if I can help all you weary travellers coming to Qld. I am in the process of arranging a web site to show what we can offer. A friendly face to meet people arriving was the big thing. Getting people organised in the initial couple of days of their arrival, and longer if necessary.
Helping newcomers to understand the rules and regulations of this State and pointing people in the right direction with regards to any issues they might find daunting. Accomodation - Car hire and buying cars - Registering cars - buying houses - Solicitors - Medicare - all the stuff you know so well in the UK is always a little different here. Believe me we found that out for ourselves.

We have accomodation here for up to 4 people - it is the end annex of our house and would be like a Boutique 2 Bedroom appartment with sea views, with all the mod cons. We are 10 mins from the beach 5 mins from the main H/Way in an excellent position to peruse the whole area. It is tranquil, with swimming pool large patio and a huge rainforest with resident ducks and roos, the lorikeets come daily and the black cockatoos come to tell us when the rain is due. All in all its paradise. We know lots of expats and have got a wide variety of Australian friends so as you can imagine life is wonderful.

Do you think this idea of helping people with the transition of leaving the UK arriving in Australia and the interim settling down period would be a good idea. I wont be able to take children below the age of 15 as we have a huge lagoon which would be rather dangerous, plus it is more Boutique accomodation not suitable for families with children.

Pleas let me know your thoughts as these ideas are in the early stages and we would value you comment.
Regards Linda
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:55 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morrelllinda
Hello there Have you found what you need to know about the suburbs around the Sunshine Coast? I am pretty well versed on them now and know what the areas are like, so if I can help in any way let me know.

I am Linda and emigrated here 2003 my husband and I are living on Mount Ninderry overlooking Mount Coolum. We came from Runswick Bay in the UK where I used to run a very successful B&B. Life on the sunshine coast is paradise. Bit rainy today but generally every day is sunny.

I have some friends who recently emigrated to Melbourne and they told me they had great difficulty in the transitition period from arriving and getting there new life up and running. I helped where I could but not being to familiar with Victoria and not living down there they struggled on there own with a few issues.

It was suggested to me to register on the Expat register and see if I can help all you weary travellers coming to Qld. I am in the process of arranging a web site to show what we can offer. A friendly face to meet people arriving was the big thing. Getting people organised in the initial couple of days of their arrival, and longer if necessary.
Helping newcomers to understand the rules and regulations of this State and pointing people in the right direction with regards to any issues they might find daunting. Accomodation - Car hire and buying cars - Registering cars - buying houses - Solicitors - Medicare - all the stuff you know so well in the UK is always a little different here. Believe me we found that out for ourselves.

We have accomodation here for up to 4 people - it is the end annex of our house and would be like a Boutique 2 Bedroom appartment with sea views, with all the mod cons. We are 10 mins from the beach 5 mins from the main H/Way in an excellent position to peruse the whole area. It is tranquil, with swimming pool large patio and a huge rainforest with resident ducks and roos, the lorikeets come daily and the black cockatoos come to tell us when the rain is due. All in all its paradise. We know lots of expats and have got a wide variety of Australian friends so as you can imagine life is wonderful.

Do you think this idea of helping people with the transition of leaving the UK arriving in Australia and the interim settling down period would be a good idea. I wont be able to take children below the age of 15 as we have a huge lagoon which would be rather dangerous, plus it is more Boutique accomodation not suitable for families with children.

Pleas let me know your thoughts as these ideas are in the early stages and we would value you comment.
Regards Linda
I think you should do well. There are a few people who do something similar in Brisbane and GC but I haven't seen many offering this service yet on the SC. Not being able to take children under 15 will restrict your market though.

Can you tell us more about the different suburbs of the SC and also information about schools and job opportunities would be helpful.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 8:21 pm
Banned

morrelllinda is on a distinguished road

The Brisbane Street Directory

I dont know if you can get your hands on one in the Uk but it would be most helpful if you could. All the Suburbs are listed in this street index.

Basically the Suburbs start at the Point of Coulandra which is the sothern end, Coulandra is a busy Suburb and an older suburb it has everything one needs including nice beaches, a lot of older people used to visit there for quiet holidyas but it is becoming quite a family sort of place. Somthing for every one I suppose.

Folowing the coast you come up to Kawana very busy shopping area with lots of traffic but also nice areas for Yatching enthusiats etc.... again this is us up and coming area which will eventually join onto Coulandra big housing complexes going on just west of here.

Mooloabah is the night hot spot ok for the young trendies but I wouldnt go there with families.

Maroochydore - town like shops with some nice out lying housing areas. Saying that we are listed as Maroochydore for post but our place is quite select and rather up market. Some appartments in Maroochdore fetch huge amounts. So this type of place would apeal right across the board I suppose.

Coolum select smallish seaside place but again up and coming, starting to get rather trendy but more for the families and older people.

Noosa and surrounding areas are more select than the other areas and this reflects on the prices, some areas around there very up market.

Just inland from all these areas are lots of nice areas whcih would appeal to every one young and old. Nambour Is and old town but again up and coming.
Some of Nambours surrounding areas are really good suitable and affordable for families.

Bli Bli is more countryfied - and Buderim is becoming small town with a lot older people live there who are now looking for quieter areas. Towns I mean large viallages.

Right inland is Maleny Mountville up and coming old townships with more of the country feel.

Schools I dont really know about as my kids are grown up and live in the UK

All of these findings are from my head so they may not be listed as suburbs but areas - I bought a directory in 2000 when over here on holiday and it helped me greatly when I was trying to find out about everything.

www.googlearth.com might also help you Good luck with your findings. If you get to narrowing down your options let me know and I will see if I can tell you more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.