Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast questions

Sunshine Coast questions

Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Sunshine Coast questions

Just have a few questions for those who have gone or are going to the Sunshine Coast.

First what suburbs are people purchasing in? We were originally considering Noosa but think it might be a bit expensive so are now looking at Coolum Beach? What made you change your mind - finance or other reason? Has anyone managed to get anything within a reasonable distance of the beach for less than $500K? Reasonable being 1 km, I certainly don't expect waterfront for that price. Is there any area you would definitely not buy in and why?

Employment, has anyone managed to land a job in the Sunshine Coast area and if so what area of employment are you involved in? How many are commuting to Brisbane and how much of a drag is it? Does anyone know of any employment websites for the Sunshine Coast area.

Thanks for any input.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sent a pm
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Here is a recruitment agency

Kate Elliott
EastCoast Human Resource Group
PO Box 124
Maroochydore QLD 4558
Phone: 07 5443 6022
Fax: 07 5443 7208
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sunshine Coast questions

Originally posted by Vicky88
Just have a few questions for those who have gone or are going to the Sunshine Coast.

First what suburbs are people purchasing in? We were originally considering Noosa but think it might be a bit expensive so are now looking at Coolum Beach? What made you change your mind - finance or other reason? Has anyone managed to get anything within a reasonable distance of the beach for less than $500K? Reasonable being 1 km, I certainly don't expect waterfront for that price. Is there any area you would definitely not buy in and why?

Employment, has anyone managed to land a job in the Sunshine Coast area and if so what area of employment are you involved in? How many are commuting to Brisbane and how much of a drag is it? Does anyone know of any employment websites for the Sunshine Coast area.

Thanks for any input.
I should really reply to this with a book length answer, but I have a few meetings today so wont have time.

Quick pick for suburbs under 500 1klm to beach, Buddina/Warana, would be an older house but nothing you cant fix up, this is not beachside but about 5-10 streets back, area will improve more as the shopping centre should double and a bypass is going through to ease the chronic traffic on the Nicklin Way.

Jobs here, try a search on Mission Employment, Salvation Army !! Employment agency, that one sounds a bit odd but its genuine employment agency. Sorry I only have the phone nos not the websites.

Areas not to buy in, cant really think of any, Pacific Paradise was the one, locals called it Shit Box alley!!, however houses there now go up in the 400's.

Just PM me if you have any more specific questions and I'll zap back when I have a bit of a less busy day.