Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast & Nerang Questions

Sunshine Coast & Nerang Questions

Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

pom_in_oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sunshine Coast & Nerang Questions

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what the biggest towns on the Sunshine Coast are in terms of population & businesses. I want to do some research for a possible business idea & wanted to check out which have most businesses (small or otherwise) & the demographics/populations of the areas. Any links would be appreciated.

Also can anyone give me a similar feel for small business in the Nerang & surrounding areas on the Gold Coast?

FWIW - We have been in Melbourne since Jan 04 & are 85% sure we will be relocating to Queensland within 3 months, the current Melbourne weather helping with the decision !!

Peter
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Peter
We are hoping to buy a small business on the Gold Coast. With regard to Nerang - I can recall some threads about it on here a while back and from what I can recall they were not saying very nice things about the place. Try doing a search for Nerang.

Good luck.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sunshine Coast & Nerang Questions

Nerang is one of the poorest areas on the Gold Coast, and has lots of social problems but has many businesses both big and small. I suggest you live outside it, although it has improved over the years.

In your searches also try Labrador, (Brisbane Rd) area as this is also good value. Maybe Ashmore too. Most businesses in these areas are manufacturing/building related. For accounting/legal/restaurants try Southport or Broadbeach.

If you could be more specific with what info you want, without disclosing your ideas, I may be able to help more.

Queenie

Originally posted by pom_in_oz
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what the biggest towns on the Sunshine Coast are in terms of population & businesses. I want to do some research for a possible business idea & wanted to check out which have most businesses (small or otherwise) & the demographics/populations of the areas. Any links would be appreciated.

Also can anyone give me a similar feel for small business in the Nerang & surrounding areas on the Gold Coast?

FWIW - We have been in Melbourne since Jan 04 & are 85% sure we will be relocating to Queensland within 3 months, the current Melbourne weather helping with the decision !!

Peter
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by queenie
Nerang is one of the poorest areas on the Gold Coast, and has lots of social problems but has many businesses both big and small. I suggest you live outside it, although it has improved over the years.

In your searches also try Labrador, (Brisbane Rd) area as this is also good value. Maybe Ashmore too. Most businesses in these areas are manufacturing/building related. For accounting/legal/restaurants try Southport or Broadbeach.

If you could be more specific with what info you want, without disclosing your ideas, I may be able to help more.

Queenie
Queenie
Are you on the Gold Coast?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pom_in_oz
Hi all,

Peter
We live in Caloundra which is the lower end of the Sunshine Coast. Not sure the exact population, but would estimate around 80,000 for the whole council district. It is set to double its numbers over the next 10 years and is booming at the moment. A good area for a business would be Caloundra, Moololaba, Marochydore and surrounds.

The downside is that property prices have had a 97% increase in the last 2 years so it is pretty pricey now. If the business involves tourists you can't go wrong around here as it is a huge holiday area.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Peter [/QUOTE]

By the way the weather is idyllic here. Still around 27c at this time of year and stunningly beautiful.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

pom_in_oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx for all replies.

I am looking for areas that have a good number of small-medium sized business & a lot of permanent working residents. Ideally with a lot of recent or planned housing.

I guess futher north than Caloundra becomes real touristy with less permanent or commuting residents ??

FWIW - The demographics of Nerang on property.com.au look better than most peoples opinion. TBH We stopped off there from the freeway a few months back & didn't hang around too long but as I say property.com.au suggests I should dig a bit deeper.

Queenie - Have sent you a PM

Peter

Originally posted by tinaj

Peter

By the way the weather is idyllic here. Still around 27c at this time of year and stunningly beautiful. [/QUOTE]
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Hi Debs,

Yes we have been here since Dec 02, but have lived here before too. Bit fed up really and hoping to head to Sydney soon. Just find the place too suburban and unfriendly. Also very sporty and body beautiful competitions etc. Beach and mountains nice but no galleries, museums, culture etc.

Why have you chosen the Gold Coast? It may be fine for you. Post me any questions on it.

There is also a new magazine/book out called "Where to live on the Gold Coast" written by an immigrant. Don't know if you can get hold of it, but it may be an interesting read.

Queenie

Originally posted by debsy
Queenie
Are you on the Gold Coast?
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Hiya Queenie
Thanks for the reply. Yes we are hoping for theGold Coast as we are in the tourism industry. We have thought about the Sunshine Coast as well but as for now we are heading for the Gold Coast.

I would love to get a copy of that book if you could find out any details for me.

Thanks
regards
debs
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Gold coast

Hello there

I had a look for your book on the internet but there is nothing in amazon with the "where to live on the gold coast title"

But, i lived there for a few years and i would be glad to answer your questions. The gold coast is an extremely beautiful area if you dont stay around surfers paradise. Broadbeach waters is beautiful (though quite central). Otherwise down south around currumbin and palm beach could be a good pick!!!! and its by the beach as well.

Good luck!!!
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

I will check the exact title and author next visit. I saw it in the newsagency rather than bookshop. The Aussie bookshops on line might be better to try then Amazon eg QBD, Dymocks, Angus & Robertson.

There was a little article in the paper about the author. I think she is Polish and had various problems with areas and schools when she first arrived, so decided to inform others.

Queenie

Hiya Queenie
Thanks for the reply. Yes we are hoping for theGold Coast as we are in the tourism industry. We have thought about the Sunshine Coast as well but as for now we are heading for the Gold Coast.

I would love to get a copy of that book if you could find out any details for me.

Thanks
regards
debs
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry for the delay, bad case of the flu for 3 weeks.

The book is called "Where to live on the Gold Coast". It is written by Chantal Dunbar and published by Living Waters. The RRP is $19.95.

Maybe you can ask Dymocks or QBD to order you a copy.

Debs, if you really can't locate a copy maybe I can send you one.

Queenie

Hiya Queenie

Thanks
regards
debs
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just read in our local paper that the whole of Caloundra has around 250 000 people in it. I assume this means the whole region, which covers a large area.

The largest towns is probably Maroochydore which has a large shopping plaza in it.
Old May 24th 2004, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

Dear Peter.
We now live at Burleigh Heads, but we spent over 20 years living in Nerang, so we have seen the place go ahead in leaps and bounds, Nothing wrong with Nerang business has really gone ahead there and a lot of big industries are now out there, It is certainly not one of the poorer areas, some of the housing out there at the outlook and surrounding areas are beautiful. It has
Plenty of schools both state and private, it is also very central has its own railway station.no more social problems than anywhere else, like any place there are good and bad areas to live.If i can be of anymore help just send me a pm. Weather is great most of the time.
Anne
Old May 24th 2004, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by queenie
Sorry for the delay, bad case of the flu for 3 weeks.

The book is called "Where to live on the Gold Coast". It is written by Chantal Dunbar and published by Living Waters. The RRP is $19.95.

Maybe you can ask Dymocks or QBD to order you a copy.

Debs, if you really can't locate a copy maybe I can send you one.

Queenie
Thanks Queenie. Hope that you are feeling better now.

Nit long for me to go now so I will get a copy when I arrive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.