Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast Meets

Sunshine Coast Meets

Old Oct 20th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sunshine Coast Meets

Hi Guys

My husband and I are arriving on the Sunshine Coast on 10 Feb 2011, he is 29 (fancies himself as a bit of a surfer!!), and i'm 27 - not kids at the mo just a dog who will be makin the journey with us!!!

Just wondering if there are any regular meets or if anyone fancies meeting up for a coffee/wine/bbq - anything really........??
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

RachH will become famous soon enoughRachH will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sunshine Coast Meets

Hi - would be glad to meet up - particularly for the wine and barbie!

We are living in Coolum Beach - me, husband, 4 year old boy and new baby. We also brought our dog over with us (best move ever - he loves it!). We'll have been here 2 years tomorrow and absolutely love it! jobs on the sunshine coast are a bit thin on the ground but we've managed to stick it out here. Do you know where you are going to live and have you got work lined up?

Rachel
Old Oct 21st 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Rachel

Glad your still loving it in Coolum!

We are looking around the Coolum Beach area, also Maroochydore and Buderim if you have any recommendations - we have only spent 1 day on the Sunshine Coast in June when we validated our visas!!! Originally were moving gonna move to the Gold Coast so all our research/reccie was done there but prefer it up on the Sunshine Coast!!!

Hubby is a Carpenter so we are thinking he might have to travel into Brisbane but we'll see - he has been in contact with one company on the Sunshine Coast who want him to arrange an interview when we get there so fingers crossed something might come of that!! I work in admin at the mo but am pretty willing to turn my hand to anything (within reason!)

I'll PM you my email address if you want to keep in touch!

Juls x x
Old Oct 21st 2010, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

RachH will become famous soon enoughRachH will become famous soon enough

haha! we have alot in common! will email you and we'll have to meet up when you get here.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Meant to say congrats on the new arrival!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

mio2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RachH
Hi - would be glad to meet up - particularly for the wine and barbie!

We are living in Coolum Beach - me, husband, 4 year old boy and new baby. We also brought our dog over with us (best move ever - he loves it!). We'll have been here 2 years tomorrow and absolutely love it! jobs on the sunshine coast are a bit thin on the ground but we've managed to stick it out here. Do you know where you are going to live and have you got work lined up?

Rachel
Hi there, we used to live in lovely Coolum. We have three children; 3 year old son and two girls aged 20 months and 10 weeks. We are keen on making new friends!!!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

davidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the rough

Hey Julie,

My wife(28) and I (27) have been on the coast for just over 2 years now and are loving it!!!!! we also have a dog (Mika - 2yrs) and a new baby boy Jackson 10weeks.

We live on the coast between Nambour and Mapleton, only 20mins from the beach.

I am also a carpenter and I know what its like coming somewhere and not having any contacts. I'll be more than happy to give your hubby a few contacts of tradies i know here on the coast anf Brissy.

Good luck with you move and see you in a few months!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davidleonard1983
Hey Julie,

My wife(28) and I (27) have been on the coast for just over 2 years now and are loving it!!!!! we also have a dog (Mika - 2yrs) and a new baby boy Jackson 10weeks.

We live on the coast between Nambour and Mapleton, only 20mins from the beach.

I am also a carpenter and I know what its like coming somewhere and not having any contacts. I'll be more than happy to give your hubby a few contacts of tradies i know here on the coast anf Brissy.

Good luck with you move and see you in a few months!!!!
Hi Guys

Thanx for your reply and congrats on the little one!!!

Hows work on the Sunshine Coast at the mo, is it fairly hard to come by? Read an awful lot of posts about how hard it is for Tradies up there!!

Hubby (and me!!) would be really grateful if you could pass on some contacts for him - we search Seek.com nearly every day from over here but most of the firms want people with ABN's and Licenses etc (a bit mind boggling to start with!!)

How did you guys find making friends etc when you first arrived..?

Sorry for all the questions - just curious (and a little nosey - lol!!)

Would be good to meet up with you, your Mrs and the little one if you both fancy it when we arrive.......?

Speak Soon

Juls & Paul
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:46 am
Just Joined

ggardemma is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We arrived here six weeks ago and have been busy sorting things out now starting to enjoy all the coast line and surf clubs.

We travelled up and down the sunshine coast and knew that we wanted to be near Coolum Beach. We are renting at Marcoola (Town of Seaside) so few minutes walk to beach which our kids love. We have two girls Catherine
(14) and Elizabeth (7).

OH is busy working so I'm doing lots of sightseeing at mo. Kids break up from school next week so we will be able to have lots of lazy days at beach and out and about. Can't wait to spend more time with them.

If anybody ever fancies a meet up or just a chat on here that would be great.

This is my first time on this site and it's nice to know that other people love it up here too.

Take care everyone and enjoy your summer!!!

Emma