Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sunshine coast meet up

sunshine coast meet up

Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

29 gayle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sunshine coast meet up

hi im gayle and myself and husband have our visas and are moving over to the caloundra area pelican waters or kawana area not sure yet later this year we have a 7 year old girl. dose anyone have ideas on areas schools ect or would like to meet up for a cafe.

What is the school at pelican waters like?

Gayle
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:49 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sunshine coast meet up

Originally Posted by 29 gayle
hi im gayle and myself and husband have our visas and are moving over to the caloundra area pelican waters or kawana area not sure yet later this year we have a 7 year old girl. dose anyone have ideas on areas schools ect or would like to meet up for a cafe.

What is the school at pelican waters like?

Gayle
hey gayle - my kids go to the school at peli waters - as do a lot of ex-pats kids. pm me or email and i'll give you a run down cheers,

J
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:31 am
Just Joined

29 gayle is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: sunshine coast meet up

thanks for e-mail thats good to know. Is it very expensive? it looks okay from the web site. if it is expensive is it worth the cash or are the local state schools any good?

Ella our 7 year old is an only child and loves playing with other kids and we would like to buy in pelican and send ella to peli waters school so that she can play outside school with her mates like i did as a kid rather than having to arrange 3 weeks in advance with the parents at school like in the uk.

Do most the kids that live in pelican go to the private school? is there any stigma that goes with private education. I dont like the class divide thing in the uk. were looked at private in the uk and the children were like well grommed clones, well educated none the less. We are more interested in what school Ella find most enjoyable.

What age are your kids. How do they find the school? How did they settle in

Look forward to hearing from you

gayle x