Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sunshine coast meet up

sunshine coast meet up

Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: sunshine coast meet up

hi dave, just bring whatever you fancy. burgers, sausages, steaks etc for the BBQ. the BBQ's are not grills where everything falls through, they are like big hotplates so you can cook onions, peppers, prawns etc on them too. if you don't want to use the BBQ's then you can bring salad, sandwiches etc. when you arrive invest in an Esky (coolbox). we bought a big one and put our plates, cups, sauces, cooking utensils, booze and anything else we want to take in it so we don't have loads of seperate bags to carry around.
NO, i won't wear union jack shorts!!! in fact i won't wear shorts of any kind... not with my legs! perhaps i could get some red and white ballons and tie them up so eveyone will know which bunch of nutters to join. i'll PM everyone that's coming my mobile number too when i know who is definately coming. i expect your on your flight now??? hope the journey is good and look forward to meeting you. email me when you arrive if you are stuck with anything.

hi helen and andrew, january will come round soon enough and so will the heat. temp is about 23-25 at the moment so just right but the sea is freezing. haven't been to coolum yet but my hubby (neil) has and he thought it was nice. good luck with the move and i hope things go smoothly.

selina x
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:48 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: sunshine coast meet up

sounds like you are going to have fun, just wish we could join you. hopefully we will be able to in the future.\make sure you dont have too many drinks now!!!!
oh go on then.

bec and egg
Old Sep 9th 2006, 3:36 am
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Selena
We have now arrived in Maroochydore and are busy trying to find a rental in Buderim/Mountain creek. If you send me your mobile number that would be great just incase we can't find you.

Cant wait to meet some people and pick your brains, prepare for plenty of questions.

See you on the 17th
Dave and family

Originally Posted by selina
hi dave, just bring whatever you fancy. burgers, sausages, steaks etc for the BBQ. the BBQ's are not grills where everything falls through, they are like big hotplates so you can cook onions, peppers, prawns etc on them too. if you don't want to use the BBQ's then you can bring salad, sandwiches etc. when you arrive invest in an Esky (coolbox). we bought a big one and put our plates, cups, sauces, cooking utensils, booze and anything else we want to take in it so we don't have loads of seperate bags to carry around.
NO, i won't wear union jack shorts!!! in fact i won't wear shorts of any kind... not with my legs! perhaps i could get some red and white ballons and tie them up so eveyone will know which bunch of nutters to join. i'll PM everyone that's coming my mobile number too when i know who is definately coming. i expect your on your flight now??? hope the journey is good and look forward to meeting you. email me when you arrive if you are stuck with anything.

hi helen and andrew, january will come round soon enough and so will the heat. temp is about 23-25 at the moment so just right but the sea is freezing. haven't been to coolum yet but my hubby (neil) has and he thought it was nice. good luck with the move and i hope things go smoothly.

selina x
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Hows it going?..just quickly reading through the thread, is your little do set for next Sunday 17th??...I havent seen it mentioned (sorry if it has) but next Sunday in Mooloolaba there is a big Seafood Festival and alot of roads are closed and things might get a bit busy so I thought I'd let you know
...all the best Simon.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hows it going?..just quickly reading through the thread, is your little do set for next Sunday 17th??...I havent seen it mentioned (sorry if it has) but next Sunday in Mooloolaba there is a big Seafood Festival and alot of roads are closed and things might get a bit busy so I thought I'd let you know
...all the best Simon.
hi simon, thanks for that. it get's busy in mooloolaba on a sunday as it is, so with that on too maybe we should look at somewhere else. what about cotton tree? any ideas anyone??? selina x
Old Sep 10th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

hi simon, thanks for that. it get's busy in mooloolaba on a sunday as it is, so with that on too maybe we should look at somewhere else. what about cotton tree? any ideas anyone??? selina x
Hi Selina.

Yeh Cotton Tree is nice, trouble is that gets really busy on a sunday too! i will try and think of somewhere else that 's got BBQ's.

Paula.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi Selina.

Yeh Cotton Tree is nice, trouble is that gets really busy on a sunday too! i will try and think of somewhere else that 's got BBQ's.

Paula.
hi paula, it's difficult to think of somewhere that won't be too busy isn't it. also i'm now worried about the weather what with the rain we have at the moment. any ideas? selina x
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

hi paula, it's difficult to think of somewhere that won't be too busy isn't it. also i'm now worried about the weather what with the rain we have at the moment. any ideas? selina x
The weather forcast said it should hopefully be clearing up by Wednesday, The trouble with Sundays you get all the big family gatherings taking up all the BBQ's all day, the only other idea is meeting up somewere like Chancellor Tavern or Kawana hotel? good food and somewere for all the kids to play, or we stick a reserved sign on all the BBQ's on sat night Heeee heee! or we just have a beach picnic.
paula.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cantwait
The weather forcast said it should hopefully be clearing up by Wednesday, The trouble with Sundays you get all the big family gatherings taking up all the BBQ's all day, the only other idea is meeting up somewere like Chancellor Tavern or Kawana hotel? good food and somewere for all the kids to play, or we stick a reserved sign on all the BBQ's on sat night Heeee heee! or we just have a beach picnic.
paula.
hi paula, perhaps the tavern or hotel may be a safer bet. have you been to both? which would you recommend? selina x
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Em and Rob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Selina & Co

We are newcomers too having landed in Brisbane on the 7th Sept. We plan to migrate a little further north in the not too distant future. We would love to join the meet up....... can you let us know the final arrangements? Much appreciated - Emma & Rob.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:26 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally Posted by Em and Rob
Hi Selina & Co

We are newcomers too having landed in Brisbane on the 7th Sept. We plan to migrate a little further north in the not too distant future. We would love to join the meet up....... can you let us know the final arrangements? Much appreciated - Emma & Rob.

Hi
We arrived 3 weeks ago and live south of Brisbane but have transport so would like to join you if possible. Please let us know the final arrangements so we can sort out selves out for the day.
Jayne
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

hi all, just spoke to paula (cantwait) who has been to the Kawana Hotel and this seems to be the best place for the meet as the weather forecast for the weekend is not good. the Kawana Hotel is 1st left after Jessica Blvd on the Nickiln Way, just before the Kawana shopping world. the time for the meet will be 12 noon so those coming from further afield (jayne, emma & rob) should be able to make it too.
if you are coming can you make a post to confirm and i will book some tables.
selina x
Old Sep 14th 2006, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Em and Rob is an unknown quantity at this point

Count us in! See you at the weekend...

Emma & Rob.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 7:41 am
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

Just seen the post, been offline till today. We will make it, 2 adults and two kids.
See you there
Dave

hi all, just spoke to paula (cantwait) who has been to the Kawana Hotel and this seems to be the best place for the meet as the weather forecast for the weekend is not good. the Kawana Hotel is 1st left after Jessica Blvd on the Nickiln Way, just before the Kawana shopping world. the time for the meet will be 12 noon so those coming from further afield (jayne, emma & rob) should be able to make it too.
if you are coming can you make a post to confirm and i will book some tables.
selina x
Old Sep 16th 2006, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

I am assuming this meet is happening tomorrow (Sunday). If so, we will be there - 2 adults (not sure about 2 kids - will there be any 12 or 15yr olds there?)

Rachel and Duncan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.