Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast meet in January

Sunshine Coast meet in January

Old Dec 18th 2006, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice
Default Sunshine Coast meet in January

Having been on a few threads recently, it seems as though a few of you would like to get together for a meet up on the Sunshine Coast and we certainly would like to. We only arrived here 4 weeks ago and would be good to meet up with a few people.

What I need to know is who is interested, where you would like to meet up, when you would like to meet up and what we should do.

We are in Maroochydore but are happy to meet up anywhere on the Sunshine Coast. Australia day weekend has been suggested as a good time and activities range from drinks to cricket on the beach and a BBQ.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Sun n Surf (Gill & Mark)
Old Dec 18th 2006, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine Coast meet in January

Originally Posted by Sun n Surf
Having been on a few threads recently, it seems as though a few of you would like to get together for a meet up on the Sunshine Coast and we certainly would like to. We only arrived here 4 weeks ago and would be good to meet up with a few people.

What I need to know is who is interested, where you would like to meet up, when you would like to meet up and what we should do.

We are in Maroochydore but are happy to meet up anywhere on the Sunshine Coast. Australia day weekend has been suggested as a good time and activities range from drinks to cricket on the beach and a BBQ.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Sun n Surf (Gill & Mark)
We would love to meet up - been here 6 weeks and renting in Mountain Creek. Don't mind where we meet, not keen on noisy music in clubs - something like a BBQ/beach sounds great. There is just me and hubby, no kids, my mum is here on hols from the UK at the moment. I'm working as a nurse, so as soon as we get a date for the meet up ,I could arrange not to be working.
Look forward to meeting you all.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

deb&si is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Sunshine Coast meet in January

HI
WE would be interested, been here 2 weeks or so, just found a rental in Buderim.
There is four of us 2 adults 2 teenagers
Have not got much internet access till next week, will hopefully be more organized then.
DEB
Old Dec 18th 2006, 4:16 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gill

As you know we would be interested in meeting up. We have been here since early September. There is me (Michelle 28) and my husband Ian (33) and no little ones yet, just the puppy! We are happy to meet anywhere but we are on the north shore. My husband works every other saturday but other than that weekends are generally good for us (Sundays best). Maybe meet in a surf club? At the beach? One of the parks with BBQ facilities?
Anyway let us know as we will be there.
Michelle and Ian
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

charleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deb&si
HI
WE would be interested, been here 2 weeks or so, just found a rental in Buderim.
There is four of us 2 adults 2 teenagers
Have not got much internet access till next week, will hopefully be more organized then.
DEB

Hi you have arrived! was chatting to you a few weeks ago!(graceyg) had to change username! Hope all went well, look forward to meeting you soon.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

charleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sun n Surf

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Sun n Surf (Gill & Mark)
Maroochydore sounds pretty central for most of us??? How about a beach with a barbie so if you wanna bring a plate to share we could do that? and an esky full of course? How about Australia day?
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:53 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleyg
Maroochydore sounds pretty central for most of us??? How about a beach with a barbie so if you wanna bring a plate to share we could do that? and an esky full of course? How about Australia day?

That sounds like a great idea, we used to do the bring a plate thing at school but would split it into meats and salads etc so everyone didn't bring the same and there are no rolls!! I am going to sound really bad now and would not pass the new citizenship test....but when is Australia day?
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vernons
That sounds like a great idea, we used to do the bring a plate thing at school but would split it into meats and salads etc so everyone didn't bring the same and there are no rolls!! I am going to sound really bad now and would not pass the new citizenship test....but when is Australia day?

Australia day is Friday 26 January next year. Bring a plate sounds great and no rolls/pineapple cheese cocktail sticks!!!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:53 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Originally Posted by kitty4
Australia day is Friday 26 January next year. Bring a plate sounds great and no rolls/pineapple cheese cocktail sticks!!!

Oh why not, I thought I could bring fairy cakes and twiglets too!! Should be fun
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Mepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really nice

Originally Posted by kitty4
Hello,
We'd love to join in an Australia Day BBQ/picnic and promise to bring only genuine aussie food - pies....lamingtons....err..pavolva &
OH has a rare day off that day so we'll be in the mood to celebrate!
Meppy
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

drivetrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We should be there too, Me (Emma 34) and Ashley (38) no kiddies either... We leave Sydney on Friday after being here for 6 months, and move to our house that we've bought in Buderim, cant wait. Look forward to meeting you all... More than happy to bring some goodies to eat, let me know what the plan is...

Em
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Sounds good to me although I think that the BBQ's on any of the beaches on Australia day will get booked up early as it is a bank holiday so I reckon we will want to get there early to ensure we get a BBQ.

Michelle what is North shore like? We were told that it was lovely for camping. I am happy to have it wherever. In Maroochy, we have got the esplanade which is lovely but the beach right in front is not very big, or we have Maroochy beach which is big and Maroochy surf club is on the beach but I don't think there are any BBQ's right on the beach.

Let me know what area is best for everyone.

Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of barbies down at the Mooloolaba Wharf and a nice safe beach for the kids as well.
Just a thought!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

Big name badges, hats with strings and corks in to identify our group from the thousands that will be flocking to the beach on Australia Day (assuming it's sunny...) and a prize competition to see who can scoff the most Lamingtons whilst drinking the most gallons of XXXX. Does anyone play monotonous tones on the trumpet?

I also think we should give ourselves a name, like the 'Sunshine Club'. Membership is free but you must eat at least one Lamington to qualify whilst singing God Save the Queen (ok, that's optional).

Mooloolahoop sounds fine to me, but parking will be a nightmare. I live up the hill so it doesn't matter where we all end up - I just point the car downwards and release the handbrake. Getting back's the problem, especially after all those lovely Lamingtons... Yuk! What's that all about?

Beach cricket anyone... Beach volleyball? Castles in the sand...

Paul.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

OK I know a real Pommie question but what is a lamington?

Ha Ha Sunshine Club, that's a good one Hats with strings and corks on them............. I bet no one would guess that we're a group of English people

Mooloolaba is lovely and sounds great but yes the parking is a nightmare at the weekends and will be bad on Australia day no doubt unless anyone knows about extra parking near by?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.