Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine coast lunch meet friday 21st october

Wikiposts

Sunshine coast lunch meet friday 21st october

Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sunshine coast lunch meet friday 21st october

Lots of new arrivals have been asking about a meet up, there was a meet organised ages ago, hardly anyone replied but 20 + people turned up, blokes and women so here goes lets see what happens.

Friday 21 st october say 12.30 meet at the sunshine plaza (cause everyone knows it) theres a pub called the pig and whistle, it does food too, easiest place to meet is right outside the pub, its all open front tables look onto the water and its right opposite the cinema so easy to find.

So you know which bunch of people to find I will wear a green T-shirt and be carrying a large black portfolio case (no I'm not a super model it contains my design work )
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Default Re: Sunshine coast lunch meet friday 21st october

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Lots of new arrivals have been asking about a meet up, there was a meet organised ages ago, hardly anyone replied but 20 + people turned up, blokes and women so here goes lets see what happens.

Friday 21 st october say 12.30 meet at the sunshine plaza (cause everyone knows it) theres a pub called the pig and whistle, it does food too, easiest place to meet is right outside the pub, its all open front tables look onto the water and its right opposite the cinema so easy to find.

So you know which bunch of people to find I will wear a green T-shirt and be carrying a large black portfolio case (no I'm not a super model it contains my design work )
We would like to meet up but have to work, weekends would be better for us
Nicola
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:47 pm
Life is sweet in Brisbane

rima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nice
Wink Re: Sunshine coast lunch meet friday 21st october

Don't forget that the 21st is the 200 anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar - so while you're sipping your cold glass of wine and gazing out at the sea, remember the poor sods that are still bouncing around on the ocean waves, keeping the sea-lanes open - in the hope that one day they (me) will be where you are.
Can you tell that I'm in the Navy

Enjoy your day.

Might make it next time, if this visa thing comes through soon. :scared:
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:53 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

watch out for the wierd lot on moving to brisbane link
especially retired brissie ladies
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
watch out for the wierd lot on moving to brisbane link
especially retired brissie ladies
Just saw their picture I would LOVE them to come along with the previous poster if he could just bring his naval ship full of lads it could be quite a day Certainly a little more lively than usual.

I'm off for the weekend now so if anybody is interested give the post a little bump. If people are really stuck on the date/place feel free to suggest an alternative.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:05 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Hi,

Unfortunately (fortunately?) the 21st October is the last day of work for both of us here in the UK and we don't arrive in Maroochy until the 6th November, so we will have to give this one a miss.

Hopefully, by replying, I've now subscribed to this thread and will be updated on how it went and any further dates?!?!?

Cheers.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:29 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

We would have liked to come to a meet on the Sunshine Coast. We are coming out to validate (we fly on Sat. 22nd Oct.) and are spending 10 days in Mooloolaba and then another 9 on the Gold Coast. Perhaps another time, when we eventually sell the house and get out there for good.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shelley29
We would have liked to come to a meet on the Sunshine Coast. We are coming out to validate (we fly on Sat. 22nd Oct.) and are spending 10 days in Mooloolaba and then another 9 on the Gold Coast. Perhaps another time, when we eventually sell the house and get out there for good.
Hello! Thank you for organising the meet. Count me in!!! I can't wait to meet a few other 'Sunshiners' I haven't got a job YET and I only live around the corner from the Plaza so any time is good for me. I'll look forward to it Vikk
Old Oct 16th 2005, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bump
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Bump
I would love to come, but we will not be out there until 4 November.

We are moving to Minyama and are really keen to meet up with you all.

Put us down for the next get together!!

Have a great lunch.

Best wishes

Sheila
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nearly forgot this is tomorrow!!! Friday be brave face the rain and roll up for a pint or two
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:14 pm
Dobro

huey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nice
Smile Re: Sunshine coast lunch meet friday 21st october

Nearly forgot this is tomorrow!!! Friday be brave face the rain and roll up for a pint or two

Would love to come but I'm working tomorrow.Maybe next time.

Huey
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by huey
Would love to come but I'm working tomorrow.Maybe next time.

Huey
It doesn't seem like there will be many people at all turning up today. Is it still on or has it been postponed?
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by vikk
It doesn't seem like there will be many people at all turning up today. Is it still on or has it been postponed?

I think it might be better to postpone??

Main hitch is most people seem to have found work already so Fridays not good for many, loads seem interested in a meet on the weekend tho, perhaps someone else wants to suggest a date in mid/late november on a weekend so I'd guess kids would need to be involved too.

Weekends for us are pretty busy in summer, the boys all surf plus we already have 2 weekends in nov taken up with parties, dec and jan we are supposed to be on holidays, so I'd better let someone else take over if its to be a weekend meet.

Sorry Vikk never mind nothing ventured nothing gained
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think it might be better to postpone??

Main hitch is most people seem to have found work already so Fridays not good for many, loads seem interested in a meet on the weekend tho, perhaps someone else wants to suggest a date in mid/late november on a weekend so I'd guess kids would need to be involved too.

Weekends for us are pretty busy in summer, the boys all surf plus we already have 2 weekends in nov taken up with parties, dec and jan we are supposed to be on holidays, so I'd better let someone else take over if its to be a weekend meet.

Sorry Vikk never mind nothing ventured nothing gained
Ah well, maybe some other time. Hope to meet up with some of you soon.