Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast - Jobs????

Sunshine Coast - Jobs????

Old Oct 7th 2005, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sunshine Coast - Jobs????

I have been looking at job sites recently and there seems to be plenty of work (for plumbers) in brisbane, cairns and gold coast but not a sniff in sunshine coast. That cant be right, surely??? whats the secret? let me in on it? where are all the jobs advertised for sunshine coast??!! or dont they have water and gas there????
Old Oct 7th 2005, 12:20 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine Coast - Jobs????

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I have been looking at job sites recently and there seems to be plenty of work (for plumbers) in brisbane, cairns and gold coast but not a sniff in sunshine coast. That cant be right, surely??? whats the secret? let me in on it? where are all the jobs advertised for sunshine coast??!! or dont they have water and gas there????
I know how you feel we have been looking there too have looked up the local newspapers but not a lot in them for us.... We are looking for Chef jobs preferably in hotels but have not seen any advertised .... It seems to be more on Gold coast but we are not sure about it there, not saying we don't like it but want to experience the Sunshine coast so as to make a decision.
We need someone who is already there eh
Jane
Old Oct 7th 2005, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
I know how you feel we have been looking there too have looked up the local newspapers but not a lot in them for us.... We are looking for Chef jobs preferably in hotels but have not seen any advertised .... It seems to be more on Gold coast but we are not sure about it there, not saying we don't like it but want to experience the Sunshine coast so as to make a decision.
We need someone who is already there eh
Jane

im glad its not just me then!!!! we will have to keep bumping this to the top until we track someone down!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

The Sunshine Coast has more jobs than you can shake a stick at in any sort of trade. Take a look at the Sunshine Coast Daily on a Saturday on arrival. As for chefs I cannot believe that you'll struggle there either.

If you can state your name, respond to an alarm clock in the morning and show a snippet of a brain ticking over somewhere you'll have no problem finding employment. Then again if you are running a business and want to find some talent then you'll have a long and painful search.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brizbound
The Sunshine Coast has more jobs than you can shake a stick at in any sort of trade. Take a look at the Sunshine Coast Daily on a Saturday on arrival. As for chefs I cannot believe that you'll struggle there either.

If you can state your name, respond to an alarm clock in the morning and show a snippet of a brain ticking over somewhere you'll have no problem finding employment. Then again if you are running a business and want to find some talent then you'll have a long and painful search.

thank you!!!!

i do look at sunshine daily but must be the wrong day when i am looking. i couldnt understand why the jobs anywhere else in queensland where spilling over onto the pc table but nothing in sunshine coast!!!! seemed barmy!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:38 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried the following site ??
http://jobsearch.gov.au/Maps/maps.as...&st=11&rgn=qld

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php?...fromSearch.y=0

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...rue&sortmode=1

hope they help

regards

steve
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I tried two of them earlier and only one plumbers job came up.
Maybe they call them something different in SC ?

What about Water Engineer
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:59 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

i can think of several alteratives
non unfortunatley are printable

its a trade thing
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I can think of a few unprintable ones too Steve

Mine are from a customers angle though when they don't turn up and don't let you know
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:04 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by Bix

try this link
http://jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php?...ustralia&pp=10

85 plumbers jobs or so it says
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Thanks Steve.
That's one I found.
What Rooksie is looking for is jobs in the Sunshine Coast.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:18 pm
Worongary

hi i`m back i like a challenge

http://jobsearch.gov.au/SearchResult...ure=&NumMJL=0&

8 plumbers jobs in sunshine coast

or so it says
hope this is of help mate
regards
steve
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:28 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Thanks again.
Karma sent.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:25 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

im glad its not just me then!!!! we will have to keep bumping this to the top until we track someone down!!
No definately not just you We will have to have a look at the Sat edition of the paper then eh!!!! I think we will stay there when we first go so as to get the ole man working straight away lol
Jane x
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
No definately not just you We will have to have a look at the Sat edition of the paper then eh!!!! I think we will stay there when we first go so as to get the ole man working straight away lol
Jane x

Saturdays paper is always the one here in Qld for the job section. Check out the Courier Mail as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.