Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast Info Please

Sunshine Coast Info Please

Old May 17th 2005, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

leonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant future
Default Sunshine Coast Info Please

We are at the stage where we are about to get quotes from movers etc., as the house is sold and we have the visa grant. We always planned for Brisbane however, when we were across there in the (British) summer we spent a bit of time up in Tewantin and Noosa and loved it.
If anyone can tell me what the job prospects are for plumbers and teachers I would be grateful.
The lifestyle seems a bit more sedate and the people were fantastic, is this just because we were holidaying there and spending the tourist money, or is it really like this when you live there?
Brisbane still looks great and we think we will head there initially, but we are trying to get some local advice.
Thanks.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sunshine Coast Info Please

Originally Posted by leonard
We are at the stage where we are about to get quotes from movers etc., as the house is sold and we have the visa grant. We always planned for Brisbane however, when we were across there in the (British) summer we spent a bit of time up in Tewantin and Noosa and loved it.
If anyone can tell me what the job prospects are for plumbers and teachers I would be grateful.
The lifestyle seems a bit more sedate and the people were fantastic, is this just because we were holidaying there and spending the tourist money, or is it really like this when you live there?
Brisbane still looks great and we think we will head there initially, but we are trying to get some local advice.
Thanks.
I have to go to work now, I will PM about teaching, from what I have discovered it is not easy to find work
I'll be in touch
Tara
Old May 17th 2005, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

leonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant future

Thanks Tara.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

LauraIreland will become famous soon enough

Thanks Tara.
Don't know about plumbers but one of my friends is a High School teacher on the gold coast and was trying to move to Noosa but could not get a job.!
Don't let that put you off though things always turn up and Noosa is the best spot on the East coast.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Back from work now and in the office!

see this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=teaching

It would seem that working for the State is not as easy as walking into a job in London, I guess it depends how flexible you are, if you are only prepared to teach year 3 for example you could wait a long time for a job

Private schools employ independently

a good way to watch the jobs is

http://www.teachers.on.net/

I certainly only know a little about this subject
just go with your eyes open
I have to say that my work situation is my biggest concern but it is not stopping me from going

Good luck Tara
Old May 17th 2005, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Thanks.
Hi,

Sorry I can't help you regarding the job situation. But we aren't letting it get in our way!! I am sure if you are determined you will find work.

We are moving to Noosa in July. We have been loads of times and we have alot of friends there who absolutely love it. Fantastic place.
Good luck whichever decision you make.

The Bread Knife
Old May 17th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

This is a good site www.sunshinecoast-australia.com

The Bread Knife