Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine coast - holiday rentals

Sunshine coast - holiday rentals

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future
Default Sunshine coast - holiday rentals

I've booked flights (stupidly, as I'm now realising) from Sydney to Brisbane from Dec 28th to Jan 2nd with the hope of going to Noosa for five nights and getting a holiday apartment or house for four people for that time.

I have since realised that I would probably have a better chance of having a white Christmas in Sydney than finding a reasonably priced holiday rental in Noosa.. or any holiday rental in Noosa at this stage!

Can anyone recommend somewhere else within a few hours drive of Brisbane that might be a good spot to spend a few days? Ideally we'd like to be near a nice beach and the sunshine coast is our preferred destination..

Noosa Springs is the only place available it seems but it's a golf resort and we dont' play golf so I'm reluctant to book it.

Alternatively if anyone wants to give me their house, that'd be great too
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine coast - holiday rentals

We usually stay at No 1 Hastings Street, Noosa - fabulous location and apartments and between 4 of you it is reasonable (depending of your budget) Not sure of availability but may be worth trying.

Have you tried www.stayz.com.au and www.wotif.com

May have something there
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

Thanks for the recommendation - they're fully booked. Yes I've tried both stayz and wotif, spoken to Noosa Tourism and numerous agent.. banging my head against a brick wall at this stage!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

hi,

when we came over in 2008 we stayed in caloundra. Some beautiful places close to see and Noosa is about an hours drive so you could still go there for the day if you really wanted.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

we thought maroochydore was amazing and had a great buzz and closer to brisbane than noosa, again easily travel to noosa if you wish
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Mooloolaba is one of our favourite places
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:26 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

The mouth of the river at maroochydore is really beautiful, the beach is fantastic and the SLSC is great. But maroochydore has nothing going on in the evenings and the restaurants are pretty average. Still, it is a great place for a holiday particularly if you're going with friends and self catering.

In terms of accommodation you could stay here, in Waves or the Duporth if you want large spacious new apartments. Or you could stay in this area if you want a better spot next to the beach and SLSC (but these apartments and complexes are older, I've never been in any of them).

Noosa is great, plenty of accommodation at Hastings Street but there are also loads of great holiday houses in the area. Best place to find these holiday homes, is on the real estate websites. Richardson and Wrench, Dowling Neylan, etc etc.... These are the last two we've stayed in... I can highly recommend both:
http://www.dowlingneylan.com.au/html...3/noosa-waters
http://www.rwnoosaholidays.com.au/no...?holidayID=426

The Masthead court one is nicer I think, much more of a homely feel. But obviously at xmas time you pay a lot for these kind of places.

Another place worth trying is Surfair at Marcoola, this is about 20 or 25 mins south of Noosa. It is a small resort, right on the beach, fairly new (well it was when I stayed there 4 or 5 years ago !). On wotif.com it says that it is fully booked... but I'd try giving them a call just to double check...you never know.

Other places to look at : Sunshine Beach, Peregian beach (both will be similar in price to Noosa).

Coolum, Marcoola, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba

good luck !
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

http://www.marcoolabeachresort.com/m...ion-rates.html
http://www.atlantismarcoola.com.au/

Is right on the beach at Marcoola, 40 meters away.

Last edited by The Flintstones; Dec 6th 2010 at 12:29 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:30 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe try this one ....... no experience of it myself but know of others who've been there and had a great time

http://www.lamersunshine.com.au/noos...s-location.htm
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Peter01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunshine Coast is also one of the most beautiful places in Australia. It is regarded to be a favorite tourist spot that people come to from all around the world. Sunshine Coast is also the heart of tourism in Australia with great tourist attractions like exotic Australian Zoo, marine parks, and the Aussie World with the Ettamogah Pub.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Peter01
great tourist attractions like ... the Aussie World with the Ettamogah Pub.
Comedy gold.