British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   SUNSHINE COAST GIRLIE MEET UP. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sunshine-coast-girlie-meet-up-506033/)

cantwait Jan 14th 2008 4:19 am

SUNSHINE COAST GIRLIE MEET UP.

Hi i'm Paula, does anyone out there fancy a girls night out maybe round Mooloolaba, leave the guys at home with the kids and a good excuss to make some new friends, also if anyone's around the Buderim area and fancies a coffee then just pm me.

:thumbsup:

collybabe24 Jan 14th 2008 9:56 am

Re: SUNSHINE COAST GIRLIE MEET UP.

Hi paula im sure we can arrange something, im currently in caloundra but hoping to move back towards mooloolaba, will let some of the girls know on expats im sure they will be up for it.

want2bthere Jan 14th 2008 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by cantwait (Post 5784204)
Hi i'm Paula, does anyone out there fancy a girls night out maybe round Mooloolaba, leave the guys at home with the kids and a good excuss to make some new friends, also if anyone's around the Buderim area and fancies a coffee then just pm me.

:thumbsup:

can i come if i promise to be on me best behaviour:rofl:, count me in

Whitby Wanderers Jan 15th 2008 7:53 am

i wanna come too....:thumbup:

cantwait Jan 16th 2008 1:54 am

Great! Let's show them Aussies how to party.

cantwait Jan 16th 2008 1:55 am

Was thinking maybe the last Fri of the month.??????

egghead4 Jan 16th 2008 6:19 am

OOOOOOHHHH I want to come:(
I cant come to this one girlies, but I will definitley be up for it when I'm there in june:thumbsup::thumbsup:
be sure to have a very nice time and if you can't be good be careful:p
bec

want2bthere Jan 17th 2008 12:56 am

Originally Posted by cantwait (Post 5794436)
Was thinking maybe the last Fri of the month.??????

might be heading south for a few days next week so not sure if ill be able to make that one:( but beg of feb should be fine with me

cantwait Jan 17th 2008 3:01 am

Make it the beg of Feb then, the more the beta.

vikki glasson Jan 20th 2008 8:51 am

Hi, Count me in too. :thumbsup:

want2bthere Jan 20th 2008 10:19 am

so shall we say 1st or 8th or feb in mooloolaba, not sure what its like but cant suggest anywhere else as havent been on a night out yet:ohmy:

collybabe24 Jan 20th 2008 7:44 pm

Sounds great should be a good night there will be a few of us, let us know what the plans are and ill be there, watch out mooloolaba the girls are coming out to play :)

vikki glasson Jan 21st 2008 2:08 am

The 8th works better for me but if the 1st is prefered I will fit in.
Does anyone mind if I bring the hubby and baby along?
ONLY JOKING!!! Cant wait - in much need of a girls night
Chat soon;)

collybabe24 Jan 21st 2008 7:11 am

I dont mind when either but the 8th does sound better gives me more time to prepare. Vikki i think some of the girls are meeting for a coffee thursday if you fancy it will be up your end just give me a text if u want x

want2bthere Jan 21st 2008 8:22 am

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 5817560)
I dont mind when either but the 8th does sound better gives me more time to prepare. Vikki i think some of the girls are meeting for a coffee thursday if you fancy it will be up your end just give me a text if u want x

ok girls put the 8th in ya diarys:thumbsup: god what to wear:ohmy::rofl:
what time shall we say?
i'll try and make coffee on thursday colleen, but think we might head down to gold coast for a few days, rentals are being a NIGHTMERE but thats a whole new thread:p
pm'd you x

Phil-Deb Jan 24th 2008 5:14 am

Hiya

Any room for another one on your night out. I could do with a good night out. We arrived here in November and I miss the girls (well 40 year olds but like to think we are girls) back home and our nights out.

We are currently living in Buddina but find it a bit quiet so are possibly looking at renting in either Mooloolaba or Buderim.

Debs

burno Jan 24th 2008 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Phil-Deb (Post 5831917)
Hiya

Any room for another one on your night out. I could do with a good night out. We arrived here in November and I miss the girls (well 40 year olds but like to think we are girls) back home and our nights out.

We are currently living in Buddina but find it a bit quiet so are possibly looking at renting in either Mooloolaba or Buderim.

Debs

Hi we have just moved into the Buderim/Mountain Creek area and am up for a girlie nite out. We are not on the internet at the moment - I am in Maroochydore library using theirs at the moment so I will try and log in again before the 8th to find out the arrangements. Hope to meet you all soon byee for now
Karen

Ipritchard66 Jan 27th 2008 4:39 am

the missus would of been up for it, but we are moving up here on the 8th.

she will proberly meet up for coffee on the thursday. which thursday is it and were are you meeting.:cool:

Whitby Wanderers Jan 27th 2008 8:36 am

coffee Thursday??? i will come :-) ..well not thiis thursday...but any other :):):)

collybabe24 Jan 28th 2008 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers (Post 5844336)
coffee Thursday??? i will come :-) ..well not thiis thursday...but any other :):):)

hiya we did meet last week but a few people didnt make it and we decided to meet up at the park in alex heads but unfortunately it was closed when we got there so things didnt quite go to plan but if any one is up for meeting again for coffee or takin kids to the park let me know and we can arrange something again.

Whitby Wanderers Jan 28th 2008 7:45 am

my kids are all grown up but i would love to meet for coffee :)

Phil-Deb Jan 28th 2008 12:48 pm

Hiya

My son is all grown up now as well but I would still love to meet up. Let me know where and I will definately be there.

Debs

Whitby Wanderers Jan 29th 2008 12:54 am

Where on the sunny coast are you Deb?

Phil-Deb Jan 29th 2008 5:28 am

Hi

We live in Buddina. Arrived here in November of last year so have not been here long.

How old are your kids. I have a son of 15.

Debs

Whitby Wanderers Jan 29th 2008 9:37 am

mine are all grown up! 25 & 23...makes me sound old!

collybabe24 Jan 29th 2008 9:57 pm

Hi guys so whats the plans for the 8th then? what time and where?

cantwait Jan 30th 2008 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Phil-Deb (Post 5852114)
Hi

We live in Buddina. Arrived here in November of last year so have not been here long.

How old are your kids. I have a son of 15.

Debs

How is your son finding it! we've been hear just over two years, and my son still finds it hard, he's just turned 16yrs?

Paula.

cantwait Jan 30th 2008 5:52 am

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 5855872)
Hi guys so whats the plans for the 8th then? what time and where?

Should we say around 7pm? What about the surf club (Mooloolaba) ???

lorraine111 Jan 30th 2008 10:58 am

hi there

I am at coolum beach and would love to join your meet up on the 8th of feb. anyone for coffee before then please let me know

lorraine

Phil-Deb Jan 30th 2008 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by cantwait (Post 5857499)
How is your son finding it! we've been hear just over two years, and my son still finds it hard, he's just turned 16yrs?

Paula.

Hi Paula

We live in Buddina and it is very quiet. My son is finding it really boring here so far. He misses his mates and social life back home. He spends a lot of his time on MSN talking to mates back in UK. We have only been here since November so I am hoping that he will meet some mates here soon. Does your son go to school? Brad isn't going back to school, he took his exams before we left.

Really looking forward to going out on the 8th.

Debs

Phil-Deb Jan 30th 2008 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by cantwait (Post 5857504)
Should we say around 7pm? What about the surf club (Mooloolaba) ???

Hiya

Surf Club is fine with me. Looking forward to it.

Debs

cantwait Jan 30th 2008 7:58 pm

Hi Debs.

Yeh simon goes to Chancellor Park, he's always on msn to his mates in the UK too! he says the kids hear just dont hang out like they did in the UK, maybe a good idea to get he boys to meet up while they are similar ages, yeh looking forward to next friday's girlie night too!

Paula.

collybabe24 Jan 30th 2008 10:09 pm

Sounds good to me. 7 pm at the surf club.

Phil-Deb Jan 30th 2008 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by cantwait (Post 5860285)
Hi Debs.

Yeh simon goes to Chancellor Park, he's always on msn to his mates in the UK too! he says the kids hear just dont hang out like they did in the UK, maybe a good idea to get he boys to meet up while they are similar ages, yeh looking forward to next friday's girlie night too!

Paula.

That would be a really good idea getting the boys to meet up. Brad also finds the kids different here to his mates back home. I have sent you a PM for Simon with Brads MSN

cantwait Jan 31st 2008 4:32 am

Thank's for the pm, we can arrange something when we meet up next Fri, really looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

want2bthere Jan 31st 2008 6:08 am

:thumbsup:hi girlies, sorry getting internet at moment is so hit and miss:( anyway great that theres a few more of us now:thumbup: see you all next friday

x

jenandjames Jan 31st 2008 11:16 am

Hi

I have just moved to the area with hubby and 2 children, 10 and 11 years. We moved from Staffordshire to the Mountain Creek area, but stopping in Mooloolaba until our container clears customs ( I'm sure that some of you have been homeless and furnitureless !).

If possible I'd like to meet up with you girls.

I look forward to hearing from you, if you'll have me. Please PM with the details. If you dont get a response its because my brodband link is not very good, but i will endeavour to log on when i can.

Thanks

Jennie:)

s-jmelbournewannabe Jan 31st 2008 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by jenandjames (Post 5863489)
Hi

I have just moved to the area with hubby and 2 children, 10 and 11 years. We moved from Staffordshire to the Mountain Creek area, but stopping in Mooloolaba until our container clears customs ( I'm sure that some of you have been homeless and furnitureless !).

If possible I'd like to meet up with you girls.

I look forward to hearing from you, if you'll have me. Please PM with the details. If you dont get a response its because my brodband link is not very good, but i will endeavour to log on when i can.

Thanks

Jennie:)

Hi Jennie,

The meets at the surf club at 7pm on 8th. Mooloolaba.

See you all there, Yes Colleen i finally decided to look at the thread!:p

Will be a good night. are we stopping at the surf club or will we move on, there's a band on i think and the bands are usually a bit poo :rofl:

There's a few bars down the side streets, but no rubber thongs and you'll need your driving licences to get in, (incase you start a fight and they let the police know where you live!:D)

Just an idea, but no worries if you all want to stay in the surf club. x

S-j x

collybabe24 Feb 1st 2008 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 5866769)
Hi Jennie,

The meets at the surf club at 7pm on 8th. Mooloolaba.

See you all there, Yes Colleen i finally decided to look at the thread!:p

Will be a good night. are we stopping at the surf club or will we move on, there's a band on i think and the bands are usually a bit poo :rofl:

There's a few bars down the side streets, but no rubber thongs and you'll need your driving licences to get in, (incase you start a fight and they let the police know where you live!:D)

Just an idea, but no worries if you all want to stay in the surf club. x

S-j x

Hey chick totally agree we should move on from the surf club gets a bit crap after a bit depending on what bands playing, really wanna let my hair down (wats left of it) is there any kareoke bars about they can be a right laugh, will do a search on the net see what there is speak to u later x

somme Feb 2nd 2008 11:59 am

Sorry girls can't make Friday but will look out for the next one, thanks S-j for giving me a nudge about it. Not been on much lately as daughter has just gone back to uk, ok now though.:o