Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:39 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi Jackie,

Mountain Creek is just near Mooloolaba, great school there for the kids and have noticed quite a lot of us on this forum are heading there. Where are you hoping to settle?

Vikki x (Am looking forward to the already!!
We were looking at the mountains (blackall range) mapleton, or near abouts.
We liked the Baroon lake and the views from the mountains and only 15-20 minute drive to the beach. Get the best of both worlds. Will probably start of somewhere near there, but when hubby gets a job that will utlimately dictate where we live. So many lovely places around there though...we'll be spoilt for choice!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you should try Maleny, it's got a real good reputation round here :-)) or maybe Nambour?

We live in Mountain Creek and we really like it, 8 minutes or so to the beaches and the local high school is great.

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
We were looking at the mountains (blackall range) mapleton, or near abouts.
We liked the Baroon lake and the views from the mountains and only 15-20 minute drive to the beach. Get the best of both worlds. Will probably start of somewhere near there, but when hubby gets a job that will utlimately dictate where we live. So many lovely places around there though...we'll be spoilt for choice!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:51 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

what a great post, its so nice to read positive things about the SC; it seems more and more popular.
We would love to hear about your progress, send a few pics too!!
look forward to reading your next post, especially one that involves some juicy gossip about any future girls nights out.

so jealous!!

bec and egg
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

charleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by egghead4
what a great post, its so nice to read positive things about the SC; it seems more and more popular.
We would love to hear about your progress, send a few pics too!!
look forward to reading your next post, especially one that involves some juicy gossip about any future girls nights out.

so jealous!!

bec and egg
Hi are you coming to the SC? if so when?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by charleyg
Hi are you coming to the SC? if so when?
Hi Charlotte.

We've been hear a year! well on the 8th Dec! and boy are we going to celebrate our anniversary it took us long enough to get hear!!!! the times gone so quickly, we love it hear we bought our own place in Buderim, we've got 2 kids Emily 7 and Simon 15. If anyones up for a meet up let us know.

Paula
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi Charlotte.

We've been hear a year! well on the 8th Dec! and boy are we going to celebrate our anniversary it took us long enough to get hear!!!! the times gone so quickly, we love it hear we bought our own place in Buderim, we've got 2 kids Emily 7 and Simon 15. If anyones up for a meet up let us know.

Paula
certainly will do, good to hear your loving it here too!
Charlotte
Old Dec 5th 2006, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

We are originally from Manchester! Where are you? We lived in Urmston and Worsley! Are you waiting on visas?
We used to live in Warrington! Do you have any children?
Old Dec 5th 2006, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

We used to live in Warrington! Do you have any children?

Yes I have a little girl 3 and a half and a baby boy almost 5 months! What about you guys.

Oh I am 28, and hubby Tom is 30.
Charlotte
Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I have a little girl 3 and a half and a baby boy almost 5 months! What about you guys.

Oh I am 28, and hubby Tom is 30.
Charlotte
I'm 36, Peter is 37, two kids Emily 7yrs and Simon 15yrs, i do miss the Trafford Centre dont you!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

I'm 36, Peter is 37, two kids Emily 7yrs and Simon 15yrs, i do miss the Trafford Centre dont you!
yes I do but the sunny coast had a lot to offer also, I wouldn't swap here for manchester though!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:01 am
dcm
Account Closed

dcm is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

[QUOTE=charleyg]I Just wanted to say we moved to the Sunshine coast 2 weeks ago and we LOVE it! Its a beautiful place there are loadsa things to do with kids and we are just over the moon!

Would love to hear from anyone in the Buderim/Maroochydore/mooloolaba area as you can never have enough friends and contacts, especially friendly pommies haha!

Hi Charlotte

We moved to Buderim in August and it already feels like we've been here forever!! (Is that a good sign?) I have been on my own with my 6 year old daughter as my husband had to finish off work in the UK - he's back with us next week. There are some really lovely people around (Paula aka cantwait has been so kind when i've felt a bit lost - thankyou Paula)

hope you carry on enjoying the coast

Debbie
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:21 am
The Northener

burno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=dcm]
I Just wanted to say we moved to the Sunshine coast 2 weeks ago and we LOVE it! Its a beautiful place there are loadsa things to do with kids and we are just over the moon!

Would love to hear from anyone in the Buderim/Maroochydore/mooloolaba area as you can never have enough friends and contacts, especially friendly pommies haha!

Hi Charlotte

We moved to Buderim in August and it already feels like we've been here forever!! (Is that a good sign?) I have been on my own with my 6 year old daughter as my husband had to finish off work in the UK - he's back with us next week. There are some really lovely people around (Paula aka cantwait has been so kind when i've felt a bit lost - thankyou Paula)

Debbie
hi
just thoughtI'd introduce myself as another one hoping to relocate to the SC next year. Have sent off my visa November (12th to be precise) and can't wait. It does seem that alot of us are going out there. I have got myself an agent who lives in Buderim who will hopefully find work for me as a Radiographer somewhere and my husband will do anything!? So hopefully plenty of beach parties/barbies. We have 2 children 10 and 12 and have been looking at the Mountain Creek area as well 'cos of the good schools reputation- thats as long as the house prices don't increase too much before we get out there with all us British going out there.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=dcm]
I Just wanted to say we moved to the Sunshine coast 2 weeks ago and we LOVE it! Its a beautiful place there are loadsa things to do with kids and we are just over the moon!

Hi Charlotte

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Glad your having a good time, everyone seems to be there must be something in the air here, or is it we all realise what a fantastic place this is to live, and bring up kids. Have you joineda surf club?
Charlotte
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=burno]
Originally Posted by dcm

hi
just thoughtI'd introduce myself as another one hoping to relocate to the SC next year. Have sent off my visa November (12th to be precise) and can't wait. It does seem that alot of us are going out there. I have got myself an agent who lives in Buderim who will hopefully find work for me as a Radiographer somewhere and my husband will do anything!? So hopefully plenty of beach parties/barbies. We have 2 children 10 and 12 and have been looking at the Mountain Creek area as well 'cos of the good schools reputation- thats as long as the house prices don't increase too much before we get out there with all us British going out there.
You will love it here! Went to Mooloolaba today for lunch and a look around the little shops and i couldn;t stop grinning, its just an amazing place I hope that doesn't wear off, but I don't think I will ever tire of that beach!!!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:47 am
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=charleyg]
Originally Posted by burno

You will love it here! Went to Mooloolaba today for lunch and a look around the little shops and i couldn;t stop grinning, its just an amazing place I hope that doesn't wear off, but I don't think I will ever tire of that beach!!!

I regularly cycle to Mooloolaba with my daughter, as it's only 10 mins by bike away, and like you it still brings a smile to my face at what a fantastic place it is.

The only downside is the wages on the Coast are fairly low -well mine are anyway- and if you are new to the area it is hard to find a good rental, although we have. I don't really have anything bad I can think of to say about the place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.