Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

charleyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

I Just wanted to say we moved to the Sunshine coast 2 weeks ago and we LOVE it! Its a beautiful place there are loadsa things to do with kids and we are just over the moon!

Would love to hear from anyone in the Buderim/Maroochydore/mooloolaba area as you can never have enough friends and contacts, especially friendly pommies haha!

I can't believe I just got my email set up today and I missed a girls night out last saturday, gutted!!!!! Anyone organising anymore?

Charlotte
xx
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:41 am
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

Originally Posted by charleyg
I Just wanted to say we moved to the Sunshine coast 2 weeks ago and we LOVE it! Its a beautiful place there are loadsa things to do with kids and we are just over the moon!

Would love to hear from anyone in the Buderim/Maroochydore/mooloolaba area as you can never have enough friends and contacts, especially friendly pommies haha!

I can't believe I just got my email set up today and I missed a girls night out last saturday, gutted!!!!! Anyone organising anymore?

Charlotte
xx
Hi Charlotte
Have to agree life on the sunshine coast is great.
We are renting a 4 bedroom house on the coast - a mins walk to the beach (Oceanic drive).
Have been here since mid september - still no jobs yet though.....
You joined a surf club yet ?
Best wishes
Mick and Paula
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:53 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

I loved the sunshine coast too. We hope to be out by next september at the latest.....hope to see you both then!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Sunshine Coast is Fantastic!

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
Hi Charlotte
Have to agree life on the sunshine coast is great.
We are renting a 4 bedroom house on the coast - a mins walk to the beach (Oceanic drive).
Have been here since mid september - still no jobs yet though.....
You joined a surf club yet ?
Best wishes
Mick and Paula
Hi there

We have been in oz over 2 years but only just moved here, we love it! Hubby has a good job so we are lucky, we have 2 young kids so I am not working at the mo. So you are in bokorina? Where is it and whats it like? we are renting too but we are buying again in about 6 months the question is where? So many places to choose from.
Not joined a surf club yet, probably will join Mooloolaba and Maroochydore soon.
What do you do for a living? Any kids?
Charley and Tom
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I loved the sunshine coast too. We hope to be out by next september at the latest.....hope to see you both then!
We are originally from Manchester! Where are you? We lived in Urmston and Worsley! Are you waiting on visas?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:23 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

We are originally from Manchester! Where are you? We lived in Urmston and Worsley! Are you waiting on visas?
We are in sunny denton!

We have our visas and just come back from a validation holiday....just need to sell our house and we will be joining you!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

We are in sunny denton!

We have our visas and just come back from a validation holiday....just need to sell our house and we will be joining you!
sounds great! Any kids?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:44 am
Living the Dream!

sounds great! Any kids?
Yes we have 2. they are almost 6 and 11. daughter (the eldest) wasn't keen on going to oz before the holiday, but since she has been she knows she will have a much better lifestyle out there....couldn't get her out of the pool or away from the lizards!

Little one loved it too! no problems with him
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we have 2. they are almost 6 and 11. daughter (the eldest) wasn't keen on going to oz before the holiday, but since she has been she knows she will have a much better lifestyle out there....couldn't get her out of the pool or away from the lizards!

Little one loved it too! no problems with him
Just thought I'd chip in. We are in Failsworth and are hoping to be over in WA in the next 4 or 5 months.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elmtree
Just thought I'd chip in. We are in Failsworth and are hoping to be over in WA in the next 4 or 5 months.
good luck with everything, why WA?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with everything, why WA?
Thanks. We've got everything crossed at the moment !

We went there on a recce this year as we ( and the in-laws ) have old friends there. We LOVED it. Perth is beautiful - lovely and clean and spacious, we travelled all over and didn't see litter or graffiti, we travelled on public transport a few times and it was vlean and efficient and there were no hoodies or foul-mouthed teenagers ( not that we saw, anyway ). Hey - we even saw teenagers get up on trains to let adults have their seats !

Also it has great beaches, loads of nice un-vandalised parks and there seem to be plenty of work opportunities. Unfortunately, the house/land prices have shot up this year, but we're sold on the place and can't wait to get out there. The kids loved it, too, and are also really up for it.

Can't wait.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:23 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Charlotte
xx
Hi Charlotte,

Its fantastic that you are settling so well on Sunny Sunshine Coast! We are another family hoping to be there next September. We have 2 young boys aged 5 and 2 and are heading to Mountain Creek, meet you for a next year!

Vikki x
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi Charlotte,

Its fantastic that you are settling so well on Sunny Sunshine Coast! We are another family hoping to be there next September. We have 2 young boys aged 5 and 2 and are heading to Mountain Creek, meet you for a next year!

Vikki x

sounds great to me!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:31 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi Charlotte,

Vikki x
Hi Vikki,
where is mountain creek? I'm not sure we visited there on our rekkie?
I will be up for meeting for a beer next year!

jackie
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:36 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Vikki,
where is mountain creek? I'm not sure we visited there on our rekkie?
I will be up for meeting for a beer next year!

jackie
Hi Jackie,

Mountain Creek is just near Mooloolaba, great school there for the kids and have noticed quite a lot of us on this forum are heading there. Where are you hoping to settle?

Vikki x (Am looking forward to the already!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.