Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast ....best area to live

Sunshine Coast ....best area to live

Old May 1st 2007, 6:49 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future
Smile Sunshine Coast ....best area to live

we are heading for the sunshine coast with not sure whether to head for buderim area or noosa we have 3 boys ( 2 teenagers) does anyone recommend a good state high school and primary.
Old May 1st 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

MarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to all
Default Re: Sunshine Coast ....best area to live

Originally Posted by lol
we are heading for the sunshine coast with not sure whether to head for buderim area or noosa we have 3 boys ( 2 teenagers) does anyone recommend a good state high school and primary.
I'll keep an eye on this thread, we too are heading for the sunshine coast at the end of August (as the kids want to spend summer hols with family and friends). We are looking at Caloundra at the moment. I have four kids, three boys 17(who will be just validatiing his visa as he wants to finish college first),16 and 5, I have a girl of 13 aswell.

Good luck with you move down under

Shelly
Old May 1st 2007, 7:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lol
Tewantin, just outside Noosa or Eumundi which is inland a bit but not far from Noosa is where I'd be headed if I were you.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Edwards family is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a young family 2 boys and a girl ages 8, 4 and 3 and have just got our visa and were planning on heading for Noosa this summer. We visited 2 years ago and fell in love with the area. Now we are doubting ourselves and wondering whether it may be too quiet when the children get a bit older.

Kim and Paul
Old May 1st 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be heading for the Mooloolaba area, whether that is Maroochydore, Buderim, Mountain Creek or Mooloolaba is up to you. As previously stated inland is really nice but very quiet for teenagers.
Our son is at the Mountain Creek high school and it seems very good, it has a good reputation around here but the catchment zone is quite strict.
Wherever you choose you wont be far away from beautiful beaches with lovely clean water and pristine sand.
Don't expect it to be as nice as Felixstowe or Skegness though :-))
Old May 1st 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

MarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I'd be heading for the Mooloolaba area, whether that is Maroochydore, Buderim, Mountain Creek or Mooloolaba is up to you. As previously stated inland is really nice but very quiet for teenagers.
Our son is at the Mountain Creek high school and it seems very good, it has a good reputation around here but the catchment zone is quite strict.
Wherever you choose you wont be far away from beautiful beaches with lovely clean water and pristine sand.
Don't expect it to be as nice as Felixstowe or Skegness though :-))
I have been looking at Mountain Creek High for my girl (13), do you know how big/small the catchment area is?

If you could give me a rough idea so I could look up on a map that would be much appreciated.

It does look like a lovely area.

Shelly
Old May 1st 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

If you phone the school I'm sure they'll email something over but basically all of Mountain Creek, the bottom part of Buderim, a fair bit of Mooloolaba and that's about it. The school has about 2000 students and they do a shift system where the older kids go in at 7 and finish at 1 and the younger ones go in later and finish later. It is also split into 4 sub schools.
New public swimming pool right next door as well as a brand new dance academy.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:36 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MarkandShelly
I have been looking at Mountain Creek High for my girl (13), do you know how big/small the catchment area is?

If you could give me a rough idea so I could look up on a map that would be much appreciated.

It does look like a lovely area.

Shelly
Hi,

Were moving to Mountain Creek in August this year and our children will be going to the Mountain Creek schools. I tried to download the catchment area for you but the website seems to be playing up a bit so will give you the website address instead www.mtncreekshs.eq.edu.au The web address for the state school (which is for the younger ones) is www.mtncreekss.eq.edu.au just in case anyone wants to look at the primary.

You can get the catchment areas for both of these schools from their websites.

Good luck x
Old May 1st 2007, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Tewantin, just outside Noosa or Eumundi which is inland a bit but not far from Noosa is where I'd be headed if I were you.
Nooo, don't want more peeps invading the area!!!! Gotta keep it hush hush that Noosa areas bloody lovely!