Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast areas???

Sunshine Coast areas???

Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sunshine Coast areas???

Hi all We`re on our way on the 18th Aug We`ve got a 6 week let on GC Main Beach from there we are going to look at a few areas in the GC and also intend to have a good look at Sunshine coast. I have a friend that lives in Sunshine and she has listed a few places, just wondered if anyone could give us any extra info please. I`ve done a search and have found a couple of really useful links & a great thread for Buderim.

Here`s the list

Buderim -
Little Mountain
Bellvista
Aroona
Currimundi
Coolum
Noosaville

Many thanks Sue x

Last edited by Sue2; Jul 15th 2005 at 9:28 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine Coast areas???

One more ... Maroochydore

Sue x
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Maroochydores the CBD can be a bit busy traffic wise. Aroona, little mountain currumindi are all within a 10 minute drive around caloundra. Noosavilla and Coolum are 10 minutes of the much more prestigious Noosa and cheaper, not much goes on at that end of the coast tho. Bellvista is a cheaper end housing estate near caloundra aerodrome.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Maroochydores the CBD can be a bit busy traffic wise. Aroona, little mountain currumindi are all within a 10 minute drive around caloundra. Noosavilla and Coolum are 10 minutes of the much more prestigious Noosa and cheaper, not much goes on at that end of the coast tho. Bellvista is a cheaper end housing estate near caloundra aerodrome.

Thanks for the info where abouts in Sunshine are you? it all looks so lovely

Cheers Sue

Thanks Cazz for pm..send you both some K
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi all We`re on our way on the 18th Aug We`ve got a 6 week let on GC Main Beach from there we are going to look at a few areas in the GC and also intend to have a good look at Sunshine coast. I have a friend that lives in Sunshine and she has listed a few places, just wondered if anyone could give us any extra info please. I`ve done a search and have found a couple of really useful links & a great thread for Buderim.

Here`s the list

Buderim -
Little Mountain
Bellvista
Aroona
Currimundi
Coolum
Noosaville

Many thanks Sue x
Hi Sue,

We are living in Coolum and have been here since December last year.
What information would you find useful?
What line of work are you in?
Do you have a family?
We are having the time of our lives and would love to 'sell' the place to you so fire away!

Lou
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Sue,
we did a reckie this April and fell in love with some of the areas you listed. I LOVED Coolum, but Alex felt it too out of the way for our teenagers, I guess all the areas are going to be nicer than Sidcup. Sunsine Beach had a nice family feel.
We have decided not to go to Sunshine despite REALLY wanting to because of work.
Perhaps in 5 years when the kids can look after themselves????
Tara
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
Sue,
we did a reckie this April and fell in love with some of the areas you listed. I LOVED Coolum, but Alex felt it too out of the way for our teenagers, I guess all the areas are going to be nicer than Sidcup. Sunsine Beach had a nice family feel.
We have decided not to go to Sunshine despite REALLY wanting to because of work.
Tara

Ali, I know you have been agonising over this for ages, but almost all the expats I have met including TEACHERS have got work. Sure some of them work casually but that is an australian thing, not just a coast thing.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Sue,
Tara
Hi Tara,

I agree that for teenagers Coolum would feel too out of the way but Mooloolaba or Caloundra have a lot more to offer and aren't that far away from here. We have friends who recently left Sunshine Beach having loved it there but with younger children, again, not so much to do for older ones.
What line of work are you looking for? There are certainly plenty of schools and a new one is opening next year and are looking for teachers.

Lou
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Ali, I know you have been agonising over this for ages, but almost all the expats I have met including TEACHERS have got work. Sure some of them work casually but that is an australian thing, not just a coast thing.
Hi
my sister has been through this with me, I am happy to accept short term contracts, might be nice to live like this for a while, I have been far too sensible for many years! She explained that it is just the Australian way. I am so pleased people have been honest and told me the reality of all this. I would rather know now than when we arrive.

My BIG and I MEAN BIG problem is getting my degree identified. I am in the process of registering with QLD and NSW to teach. Watch this space!

And thank you soooooo much for your reply
Tara
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Lou

Thanks for your reply, my husband loved Mooloolaba and Caloundra too

Once I finally get my teacher registration sorted we will know more about where to go. We truly loved the Sunshine Coast. Alex particulalry like Buderim.
Tara
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kulu
Hi Sue,

We are living in Coolum and have been here since December last year.
What information would you find useful?
What line of work are you in?
Do you have a family?
We are having the time of our lives and would love to 'sell' the place to you so fire away!

Lou
I`m a care worker for the elderly and Chris is a Roofer (Membrane roofing ) its not used that much in Oz, I`ve found two firms and have sent his Resume...but nothing back yet. :scared: We`ve got two kids 7,5 so really want to be quite close to good beaches. Its so hard to decide on an exact area on the net but just need to narrow down this long list we`ve got

Sue x
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue,
Tara

So you would rather move Sunshine than the GC? I do really worry about work for Chris...just thought work maybe better in the GC for him. I`ll be alright there is old people everywhere looks like he`ll be at home with the kids and I`ll be the one at work....I`m sure he would be very happy with that

Sue
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:14 pm
stevenpoole9

Hi we are off to the brissie area in the middle of August too and like you we cannot decide where to settle. One minuite we think bayside just south of Brisbane and by the coast , for the benefits of the city , and then we think of the lovelyu beaches on the gc and sc. Descisions descisions!!!!!!! We have three young children our eldest being 9, my husband is an engineer and i work with children. We have decided to rent for 4-5 weeks initially in the bayside area, Welington Point /Birkdale, and plan to do loads of touring to get a better feel for areas.We know ther is engineering plants by Bayside. Good luck maybe we can meet up there and swop notes. Tracey

Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
Hi we are off to the brissie area in the middle of August too and like you we cannot decide where to settle. One minuite we think bayside just south of Brisbane and by the coast , for the benefits of the city , and then we think of the lovelyu beaches on the gc and sc. Descisions descisions!!!!!!! We have three young children our eldest being 9, my husband is an engineer and i work with children. We have decided to rent for 4-5 weeks initially in the bayside area, Welington Point /Birkdale, and plan to do loads of touring to get a better feel for areas.We know ther is engineering plants by Bayside. Good luck maybe we can meet up there and swop notes. Tracey

Yeah we`ll have to meet up...we`ll be like passing ships looking at all these areas I`m not looking forward to dragging the kids around all over the place....poor things.

Have you booked flights yet?

Sue
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:48 pm
stevenpoole9

We haven;t booked our tickets yet as we are still waiting for a completion date on our house, this is expected to be the 19th August although it could be a week either way. We are looking to travel with emrates. We have not been to oz before but have been researching areas for about 3 years, we do not have family or friends ther so are free to settle where we choose. Have you been before, How have you decided where to settle? Our requirments are good schools nice house ,would like queenslander, good area safe plenty to entertain 3,6,and 9 year old. We wopuld like to be near to beaches, short drive, but realise if we want one of the bigger, dream, beaches we have to be nearer sc or gc.Our furniture will take about 8 weeks so will rent furnished initially and hopefully with all our exploring we will decide on a longer term rental in a suburb of our choice. Sounds easy.not. Tracey x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.