Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine coast anyone?

Sunshine coast anyone?

Old Feb 24th 2003, 7:40 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sunshine coast anyone?

I know this question has been asked before but I've noticed a lot of new people have registered here lately so...... Is anyone planning on going to the Sunshine Coast? We are heading there hopefully end of April, Early May depending on when we can sell the house.

Andy
Old Feb 24th 2003, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi Andy,

You kno me adn hubby are but in Sep 04. Caloundra area and I think TinaJ is also.

Carrianne
Old Feb 24th 2003, 8:08 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi Andy,

You kno me adn hubby are but in Sep 04. Caloundra area and I think TinaJ is also.

Carrianne

We are headed that way to but a bit further North Tin Can Bay area excellent fishing, Good diving on the reef and loads of work for me.
Sean
Old Feb 24th 2003, 8:27 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cresta57
We are headed that way to but a bit further North Tin Can Bay area excellent fishing, Good diving on the reef and loads of work for me.
Sean
Hi
What do you do for a job?
Tim
Old Feb 24th 2003, 8:32 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi
Tim
I'm qualified as a brickie but spend a large amount of time ceramic tiling now. That said I'm building an inglenook fireplace in a pub at the moment lovely job.
Old Feb 24th 2003, 8:33 pm
Crocodile Member

Hi Tim

I'm an IT Trainer, so I'm expecting to have to commute to Brisbane. my wife is a nurse so she's hoping to be working locally.

Andy

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi
Tim
Old Feb 24th 2003, 9:50 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We too are heading to that area or more towards Brisbane may be - depends on work. Move depends on house sale and when the visa actually gets issued ... anytime we hope now ....
Old Feb 24th 2003, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Hope you realize that Tin Can Bay is quite remote. A lovely place to visit (quiet fishing community) but a good drive to either Gympie or Noosa (via 4WD track) which are the nearest largest centres of popultaion.

Of course just about everytime I've swung by I've seen Dolphins up real close. In fact in the early days these two Dolphins would swim alongside a Rottweiller dog!
Old Feb 25th 2003, 5:39 pm

Originally posted by Stan J
Hope you realize that Tin Can Bay is quite remote. A lovely place to visit (quiet fishing community) but a good drive to either Gympie or Noosa (via 4WD track) which are the nearest largest centres of popultaion.

Of course just about everytime I've swung by I've seen Dolphins up real close. In fact in the early days these two Dolphins would swim alongside a Rottweiller dog!
Hi Stan
I seem to remember it was about 40kish and 30 mins drive from Gympie along the Gympie Connection Rd not to bad considering living in Grimsby/Cleethorpes we have an hours drive to any large town or city.
The land we were looking at was midway between the 2 as the oldies were looking at droping a mooring in at Tin Can Bay and I'd like to be fairly nearby.
Old Feb 25th 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi Andy,

Carrianne
Yes we are heading to Caloundra or surrounding areas hopefully around Jan next year.

I am a teacher and hub is a manager but we hope to go into some type of business out there.

Please let us know how you find it as you are going to be the first to get out there as well!
Old Feb 25th 2003, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

We hope to heading that direction too, but also depending on work. waiting for visa, hope to get there by july.
Old Feb 25th 2003, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

lorrimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy,
We arrive 3rd June all being well. Also trying to sell the house without much interest at the moment.
I'm an Operating Theatre Technician my wife is a Doctor, however we hope to leave that behind and do something completely different, perhaps work with animals instead of humans for a change.
Did you find any suitable properties in the Mountain Creek area?
What area are you looking at now?
Regards,
Lorrimer
Old Feb 25th 2003, 7:24 pm
Crocodile Member

The Question of work on the Sunshine coast is something a few people have mentioned. As it happens, we have just started looking into it seriously ourselves.

From my point of view I've always assumed that I'd have to commute to Bris, as i'm an IT Trainer, although I have also contacted a couple of places in Nambour and Landsborough, still waiting to hear back from them.

My wife is a nurse, and you might expect that she could walk into a job anywhere, especially as they are the only occupation being fast-tracked at the moment. But it seems from phoning around that none of the numerous hospitals on the Sunshine Coast have any vacancies. I find this hard to believe, and of course it may change by the time we're there but it was a bit of a shock.

Generally I think if you've got a trade then you will have no problem finding work on the coast, if not your options are a bit more limitied and you may have to commute at least initially. There is work, but you may have to hold out for it.

Obviously, as the "Advance Party", we'll let you know how it develops! I'd welcome any views in the meantime

Andy

Originally posted by Terry
We hope to heading that direction too, but also depending on work. waiting for visa, hope to get there by july.
Old Feb 25th 2003, 7:28 pm
Crocodile Member

Hi Lorrimer

We're still considering Mountain Creek, but as our first choice we havie been thinking along the lines of a House and Land package in Caloundra. They seem to be much more reasonably priced than existing houses.

Andy

Originally posted by lorrimer
Hi Andy,
We arrive 3rd June all being well. Also trying to sell the house without much interest at the moment.
I'm an Operating Theatre Technician my wife is a Doctor, however we hope to leave that behind and do something completely different, perhaps work with animals instead of humans for a change.
Did you find any suitable properties in the Mountain Creek area?
What area are you looking at now?
Regards,
Lorrimer
Old Feb 25th 2003, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We too are headed that way - again depends on job situation - possibility of hubby getting a job with my uncle to start with so thats hopeful (Cooroy). I also am a teacher so if something comes up we`ll need to be close-ish to where I work but to be perfectly honest I won`t be sad if I get a job in something completely different if it means we can be where we want to be. (Waffle, waffle)
Validating in July so we`ll see!!

Good Luck to one and all where-ever you end up.

SJ

PS My daughter and I have visited those dolphins in Tin Can Bay!! Just trying to remember their names!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.