British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sunshine Coast 4WD meet up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sunshine-coast-4wd-meet-up-485740/)

kevinbloomfield Oct 6th 2007 10:27 pm

Sunshine Coast 4WD meet up

Hi

We are arranging a 4WD trek from the Sunshine Coast up to Fraser Island and back sometime between now and Xmas (to be confirmed)

If you don't have a 4WD you'll probably be able to travel with someone else (we have space in our car)

I reckon it'll be a long weekend and it should be really good and a great chance to meet other people in a relaxing atmosphere

Lots of chances for barbies, sea fishing and beers around the campfire

Any one interested in coming along with us?

neil.b Oct 7th 2007 4:37 am

Re: Sunshine Coast 4WD meet up

hi kevin, glad to see you made it over here then. Let us know any dates you have in mind, we may be able to make the trip.

Neil.b

melaniee Oct 7th 2007 10:29 am

Sounds great-if we can sell the house in Perth !

CathnPaul Oct 11th 2007 6:23 am

Originally Posted by melaniee (Post 5396870)
Sounds great-if we can sell the house in Perth !

I only have a rav4 so dont reckon it would make it!! otherwise would have loved to have come over (work allowing)

kevinbloomfield Oct 11th 2007 7:45 am

Originally Posted by CathnPaul (Post 5411592)
I only have a rav4 so dont reckon it would make it!! otherwise would have loved to have come over (work allowing)

I've got a tow rope for pulling those pretend 4WD's :-)

CathnPaul Oct 11th 2007 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 5411837)
I've got a tow rope for pulling those pretend 4WD's :-)

haha - i actually totally agree. My cousin took her rav4 over in March...went on the kingfisher bay side and got as far as lake mackenzie, the bottom was constantly scraping.

We are aspiring 4x4ers.haha - I should get rid of Pauls car really, he has a flash one!! Men and their toys.

kevinbloomfield Oct 11th 2007 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by CathnPaul (Post 5415274)
haha - i actually totally agree. My cousin took her rav4 over in March...went on the kingfisher bay side and got as far as lake mackenzie, the bottom was constantly scraping.

We are aspiring 4x4ers.haha - I should get rid of Pauls car really, he has a flash one!! Men and their toys.

Get rid of the flash car and get a Landcruiser 80 series. Maybe $10 - 15 grand but so much more fun than a car

CathnPaul Oct 11th 2007 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 5415351)
Get rid of the flash car and get a Landcruiser 80 series. Maybe $10 - 15 grand but so much more fun than a car

is that all??? blooming eck!! will start looking I reckon. Could have it as a third car at that price.

kevinbloomfield Oct 17th 2007 1:02 am

Originally Posted by CathnPaul (Post 5415381)
is that all??? blooming eck!! will start looking I reckon. Could have it as a third car at that price.

Nice white one for sale on Glenfields Blvrd - no idea of price though

CathnPaul Oct 17th 2007 1:15 am

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 5434124)
Nice white one for sale on Glenfields Blvrd - no idea of price though

will have a look on the way home from work. cheers x

longreach Oct 21st 2007 10:24 am

Hi Guys
we have a fairly busy diary but will keep an eye on this, we have been to fraser once and have already planned trip 2. If we can we'd love to come too.

Tracy