Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suncoast Christian College Woombye

Suncoast Christian College Woombye

Old Nov 4th 2005, 5:38 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Suncoast Christian College Woombye

Hi , anyone send their kids to this school? We went for an interview, liked what we saw, and have been offered a place, comments on a postcard please!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suncoast Christian College Woombye

Originally Posted by vivi
Hi , anyone send their kids to this school? We went for an interview, liked what we saw, and have been offered a place, comments on a postcard please!
There are two at woombye both have very similar names, one I think is called the Nambour christan college , did have a green and white uniform was reputed to be a good school and kids are streamed according to ability, there is another one also called christian college which is the religion Christian Outreach which aussies have said is more like Jehova witness. That was the situation about 2 years ago, dont know if the uniforms/religions have changed now tho.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:00 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
There are two at woombye both have very similar names, one I think is called the Nambour christan college , did have a green and white uniform was reputed to be a good school and kids are streamed according to ability, there is another one also called christian college which is the religion Christian Outreach which aussies have said is more like Jehova witness. That was the situation about 2 years ago, dont know if the uniforms/religions have changed now tho.
Come to mention it when I said are blood transfusions included in the curriculum, they did balk!! No, not Jehovas, non denominational christians. Had a few interviews at Church Schools, this was the first that Religion was not mentioned. Some asked for character statements from pastors etc. Stilll any other comments welcomed! Thanks anyway
ViVi
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
Come to mention it when I said are blood transfusions included in the curriculum, they did balk!! No, not Jehovas, non denominational christians. Had a few interviews at Church Schools, this was the first that Religion was not mentioned. Some asked for character statements from pastors etc. Stilll any other comments welcomed! Thanks anyway
ViVi
I think the reasons the aussies likened it to jehovas was cause some families were doing the doorknocking-recruiting thing. Havent seen any of that for ages tho, mind you we live at alex now, more of a trendy area with lots of young people they probably think we are past being saved, especially on a sunday after the bars chuck out saturday night our front yard is usually full of beer bottles
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:21 am
vivi

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I think the reasons the aussies likened it to jehovas was cause some families were doing the doorknocking-recruiting thing. Havent seen any of that for ages tho, mind you we live at alex now, more of a trendy area with lots of young people they probably think we are past being saved, especially on a sunday after the bars chuck out saturday night our front yard is usually full of beer bottles
Aaahh, now we will be living in Eudlo......not even big enough to be called a one horse town. Don't expect to get many door knockers there. Having said that when we moved out to the sticks in Uk that is also what I thought!!! Two days after moving in and behold!!!!!!! The end is nigh brigade!!
Actually this college does have a church attached, but as I said earlier, not at all in your face, respect given to individuals!
Where is Alex anyway? Kept seeing it mentioned, thought it was some guy!!