Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sun tan lotion and 2yr olds !!!!

Sun tan lotion and 2yr olds !!!!

Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Sun tan lotion and 2yr olds !!!!

Today, my 2yr old grandaughter decided she didnt like my navy blue regency stripe sofa. After spending a while in my kitchen, i went back into the lounge and discovered she preferred white. A whole tube of sun tan lotion is now smeared all over the upholstery and cushions!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Does anyone have ANY idea how i go about removing it all?
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sun tan lotion and 2yr olds !!!!

Originally posted by podgypossum
Today, my 2yr old grandaughter decided she didnt like my navy blue regency stripe sofa. After spending a while in my kitchen, i went back into the lounge and discovered she preferred white. A whole tube of sun tan lotion is now smeared all over the upholstery and cushions!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Does anyone have ANY idea how i go about removing it all?
oh dear , eek: the joys of young children in the house! rolleyes:
Do you have a steam cleaner?
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

ummmm...we have a spot steam cleaner, but i think this job is too big for that!...

its ok..i'm not really cross........................... (much)
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:32 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

PP, hold on to this feeling and try to bring it back when the little angel has returned to the UK and you're missing her!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
ummmm...we have a spot steam cleaner, but i think this job is too big for that!...

its ok..i'm not really cross........................... (much)
So you can't remove the sofa cover and wash it?

difficult to be cross with a 2 yr old for long
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:36 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sun tan lotion and 2yr olds !!!!

I wouldn't hold out much hope. A year ago my son found a pump action excema cream dispenser, and spread it all over my nice new carpet - it is still there! Good job we are selling up and moving to Oz.

Best wishes
Kirsty
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:45 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at the following website. It doesnt show sun tan lotion but may well provide some hints. Sun tan oil is oil based after all so there could well be something to point you in the right direction.

http://www.persil.com/time_in/tips_advice/stains/

If not have a look at the other major UK detergent makers (Aerial, Surf etc) as they all have stain solutions on their sites.

All this and from a single bloke. You can tell I have been married before and have children.

Done the work for you

http://www.ariel.co.uk/ask_the_stain_wizard.html
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:50 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet further info.

Goto the Ariel link and click the Personal & Healthcare stains link. Lo and behold there is a stain info for Suntan prodcuts. Choose your upholstery type and away you go.

How good am I. You can tell I am bored at work and the boss isn't in.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:09 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

oh well... least ya sofer can go out , without risking sunburn !

all the best plum