Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

summers day in london

summers day in london

Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default summers day in london

One of the things we will not miss when we move to melbourne............is the summer stroles around London for Anypan and Hels
Attached Thumbnails summers day in london-dsc00151.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: summers day in london

Originally posted by anypan
One of the things we will not miss when we move to melbourne............is the summer stroles around London for Anypan and Hels

And I am still feeling water logged!!!

Seriously tho, I had an awesome day with you guys!! It was so great to meet with you and cant wait till you get to Melbourne so we can go on all those camping weekends and shopping trips

Hels
xxx
Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:59 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: summers day in london

Originally posted by anypan

Lovely!

Wish that Tesco lorry was coming over here
Old Aug 6th 2004, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

umm change the tescos van for a coles van and it could have been Melbourne yesterday afternoon! Still at least we still have Summer to look forward to I guess...when does it warm up around here..?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

about the same time as the really big rain storms come
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:12 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing you'll miss in Melbourne summers compared to that picture is the Tesco truck. Oh and the light rain...
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:28 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Get used to it .. it's good practice for the summer rains we have here. try a few lightning strikes, and a more angry sky in that photo too.. and a few trees toppled down, and a few electric poles , maybe tesco van should be on its side..lol.. then add some big wind. you may want to chuck in some golf size hailstones as well.

Those people in the photo they look too smiley for my liking , they don't look wet enough yet, chuck some water on them lol..... that's not good enough.. they need to be more wet!! .And there is not enough of a river flowing down that road.. actually I can see the cars on that road.. try not seeing anything in front of you through the rain.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 6th 2004 at 3:44 am.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:51 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
And there is not enough of a river flowing down that road.. actually I can see the cars on that road.. try not seeing anything in front of you through the rain.

cheers

During the January storms my wife didn't even see the 20m tree fall across the road 100m away when we were in the car due to the rain.

Here's a link to some good storm shots of Brisbane recently:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/martypouwelse/index.html
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:13 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by jayr
During the January storms my wife didn't even see the 20m tree fall across the road 100m away when we were in the car due to the rain.

Here's a link to some good storm shots of Brisbane recently:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/martypouwelse/index.html

I've been spoilt.. I don't find the storms/rains here worse than Singapore.. now if you want really good rain and storms .. try SEA... Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand... it's almost every single afternoon some months.

The only thing worse here in Brisbane compared to Sing.. there are more trees to fall .. plus sing has very good drainage because of the amount of rain they get over there ( big storm drains everywhere).. unlike here with it's cr*p drainage. so not a lot of floods over there.

The only thing I found odd here.. was the big hailstones we had a few years back.. now that was a bit scary. it only damaged our fly screens though... we were lucky.

I do love a good storm.. winter is so boring for weather
Old Aug 6th 2004, 5:30 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by MrsMangle
umm change the tescos van for a coles van and it could have been Melbourne yesterday afternoon! Still at least we still have Summer to look forward to I guess...when does it warm up around here..?
Only 3 weeks of Winter left, should start getting into the 20s around Melbourne cup time.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Only 3 weeks of Winter left, should start getting into the 20s around Melbourne cup time.
Only three weeks of winter left should start getting into the mid 30's around Melbourne cup time.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:44 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by jad n rich
Only three weeks of winter left should start getting into the mid 30's around Melbourne cup time.
Your welcome to your mid 30s, mid 20s will do me fine.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne cup is in November isn't it?
To say only a few weeks to spring is wishful thinking Bordy.
Its only August so you've still got 12 weeks before spring?!
Last October-November it was cold, windy, raining...just look at Jaykays photos of Melbourne meet up- we were all freezing!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

But I will concede that by Melbourne cup day I was I was able to wear a silk dress and get a a lovely tan watching the racing from the rails at Flemington
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:25 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Global warming is changing, you never know, Australia might become like the UK weather wise :scared: , then what? You will all come back to the Uk???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.